Home

WWE 2K15's MyCAREER Mode Details

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15's MyCAREER Mode Details within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #33
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: WWE 2K15's MyCAREER Mode Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I'm not sure if you're able to answer it, but do you have an idea of what caused the delay then? The only two things people seemed to be able to come up with was CM Punk (which was illogical since the PS3/360 versions weren't delayed) and that they were possibly adding the facial scanning like NBA 2K15.
Have no idea unfortunately.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #34
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Once we take a player through a career, can we then import them into our Universe mode with the ratings/attributes they gained during career mode?
No, because you can still make any CAW however you want with whatever rating you want.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #35
Pro

OVR: 3

What about other CAW's that we create outside of MyCareer? Will they compete on Raw/Smackdown?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 11:56 AM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
No, because you can still make any CAW however you want with whatever rating you want.
Thanks EG!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Thanks EG!
Here are a few great things I've taken from the article.

"In my career, I was 6 years in, had just lost a big match, and the crowd was cheering me on. I was acknowledging them when out of nowhere Brock Lesnar’s music played, down he came to the ring to give me a monster F5 and Paul Heyman stood over me laughing. This played out over social media next as you have an in-game Twitter account as well, I then got into a Twitter war with Heyman over how he was tweeting I wasn’t worthy to face Lesnar."

Love the interaction. Will you have the option to tweet something? Like will you be given an option to tweet something a face would tweet or something a heel would tweet to keep adding fire to the flame?

"Don’t forget to hire a manager of your choosing to be by your side."

Looks like I'm going to be a Paul Heyman guy.

"Here you have William Regal as your GM pushing you to your path of greatness as other NXT superstars LIKE Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn, Bo Dallas and Corey Graves try to stop you."

People are not reading this correctly if they are asking if there are more NXT wrestlers in the game.

The one thing that worried me was the following:

"The mode starts off after you create your wrestler (WITH RATHER LIMITED OPTIONS) and you join the WWE Performance Center."

Will there be a variation of voices? Or will it give you one generic voice for your character like NBA 2k14 did? Will you be able to choose your gimmick? Is there limited boots, masks, tights, etc.? Which part of the CAW is limited?

BTW Sorry for quoting these myself. Relatively new to this site so I'm not completely sure on how to quote things, like you would with someone else's post, straight from the article itself.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:13 PM   #38
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
It doesn't, sorry
Ahh that's too bad. Seeing how great the characters look in this game it would have been cool to see my face recreated.

Now my concern shifts to what is described as "bare bones" creation system. The WWE games, for the most part, have been synonymous with great creation systems and tools. I am cool with not having a character that looks exactly like me, in fact I typically do not create wrestlers to mimic my likeness, but the option would have been a bonus. As long as we have the tools to make the character we want I'll be satisfied. Whether we choose to create a character that looks like our selves, a fictional character, actual wrestlers (past or present), celebrities, etc.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #39
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

As some have noted the "limited" creation is an issue. If you could answer in what areas it is limited that would be great. If not I understand as well.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 09-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 4
That sounds nice, but the core of the gameplay, the wrestling is stale and needs to be addressed first. For years these games have had horrible ai and were a race to who lands their finisher first and spam reversal fest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »