Home

WWE 2K15 Day One Impressions, Post Yours Here

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15 Day One Impressions, Post Yours Here within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2015, 02:54 PM   #249
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: WWE 2K15 Day One Impressions, Post Yours Here

I've never played wrestling games on consoles before. I'm completely new to the series and the mechanics of the game. As I learn that this is not a button mashing fighting game and learn that it's like nothing I've played before, and as I learn the moves and what to do (I'm playing on easy)...I LOVE THIS GAME. I'm not a huge wrestling fan, but is this game fun. I like that you need to be in different parts of the ring to trigger certain moves. Really cool.

What I can't quite figure out is the blocking mechanics. I'm either TOO FAST or TOO LATE. Any tips for a noob?
Old 01-13-2015, 09:54 PM   #250
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
What I can't quite figure out is the blocking mechanics. I'm either TOO FAST or TOO LATE. Any tips for a noob?
I thought it got easier by watching the animation or the movement of my opponent. If you hit the counter just as the animation is beginning, you should be able to pull it off.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:07 PM   #251
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I seriously hope they release this title for the PC. PROMISES were made, John Cena.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #252
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
I seriously hope they release this title for the PC. PROMISES were made, John Cena.
I check on that every so often, but i haven't seen any updates since December =(.

No confirmation either way.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #253
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Does the move-set pack for $3.99 get assigned to the wrestlers automatically or do I have to do that myself? Also is it worth getting? Thx.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:56 PM   #254
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Does the move-set pack for $3.99 get assigned to the wrestlers automatically or do I have to do that myself? Also is it worth getting? Thx.
You will have to do it yourself
Old 03-21-2015, 05:02 AM   #255
Rookie

kisstopher5's Arena

OVR: 0

After hearing how dry-bones this game was for PS3 and I decided to wait for a price drop to buy and to get a next gen console which I recently did, so this is my impression and review of the game.

Pros
- Graphics are as advertised. Outstanding and impressive. Characters all look great and the fans really catch my attention for looking like actual people.
- In-ring gameplay is next level and best there's ever been for a pro wrestling game (and that's coming from an avid Fire Pro player who still plays from time to time.) I love the new start of the match animations as it adds realism (how many matches start with a huge move?) Also, as the match goes longer and both characters get tired and hurt therefore move slower and take more time in between moves. I love that. If done right, matches actually feel like wrestling matches now.a
- May just be me, but I feel the AI is much improved this year.
- I've heard complaints about load times, but comparing this to NBA 2K15, I feel this game is much quicker unless you're doing something with all CAWs.

Cons
-Limited on creative options. Without question the least amount of creation options since probably the early PS2 days. Not only can you only create 25 wrestlers, but you're given a download limit each day? Very odd and, at times, irritating move.
-I love NBA 2K15, so player WWE's career mode, you automatically expect similarities. There's not much. First effort though, so not a huge complaint. Just becomes very boring and repetitive at times.
-Very small roster.
-Universe mode is the same as it's always been. Good concept, but inconsistent and so very confusing at times.
-My biggest gripe is the takeaways. So many entrance animations taken away which kills the realism of many CAWs. Also, not custom entrance music isn't 2K's fault, but not adding more potential entrance music is. They knew that'd be a huge factor, but still only about 8 non-WWE songs to choose from.
-When will WWE video games learn: for menu music, we want both an actual soundtrack AND WWE themes and we want to pick which songs we want to hear! One day maybe...

In conclusion, while it may sound like this game is more bad than good, it's actually not. I'm extremely optimistic about the 2nd version of the Next Gen game. With the potential of custom soundtracks returning, hopefully a much improved roster (which is already being rumored), some more features, and the one thing everybody wants: a major NXT feel, I think WWE 2K16 could be a home run if done right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2015, 07:41 AM   #256
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I forgot how much fun this game could be playing with someone else locally.

My neighbor stopped by for some matches and a few drinks tonight and it became hilarious and fun really quick. The counter and kick out system made for some awesome matches and finishes.

There were a few *** kickings both ways, but also a few matches that ended after multiple finisher counters and crazy kickouts with almost no bar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »