Home

WWE 2K16 To Appear At E3

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 To Appear At E3 within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #1
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
WWE 2K16 To Appear At E3

Spotted on GameSpot's game confirmation list:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/con.../1100-6427907/

Last year, if I recall correctly WWE 2K15 was a no-show. I kinda doubt 2K will be showing much given their typical press cycles, but it will be interesting to see what they have here at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2015, 07:17 PM   #2
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: WWE 2K16 To Appear At E3

Like you said, given their usual style of promoting games, I'm not expecting much. Probably the same stuff as last year's early info impressions from other outlets. "John Cena looks great...but we can't show you a photo yet."

I will say that this is the least interested I've been in a long time for a WWE game. Not denying the steps towards better in-ring action, there was just very little depth to keep a user engaged for any real amount of time. Combined with the $50 of DLC and I just don't know how to feel. Will probably just wait a few months and grab the inevitable bundle with all DLC.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:50 AM   #3
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

I didn't buy last year at all. Such a huge punch in the gut to see all the stripped out creative features, so I totally passed. I never play these games to ever play as a real wrestler. I have 80-90 CAWs that I like to create and unless they fix that and give me a Universe mode worth playing, I'll be passing again this year.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:48 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

If I were to peg four things I want to see addressed:

- customization. This is obvious. Bring more options back and make the existing options work better; load times in CAW were beyond obnoxious.

- atmosphere. This includes Universe mode, but generally the entire game is fairly dull compared to other fighting games like Mortal Kombat X, which really does a great job of bringing its characters to life. It has more creative freedom to do so being fiction, sure, but more lively commentary, more organic crowds, non-repetitive entrance motions, and Superster-specific mannerisms and subtle movements would go a long way to making the game feel more alive.

- AI. This probably won't get touched because I'm not convinced it's been touched since Smackdown 2, but a guy can dream, right? :-)

- couldn't keep it to just three things. This one is arguably the most important. Roster updates. There's no excuse for characters and their assets being out of date before the game releases anymore given how connected our video game experiences are.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

From those, I'd assume customization is the safest bet.

AI would top my wish list if I thought they'd ever actually address it, but at this point I'd just like enough options to keep the game interesting.

It's mind-blowing to me that at this point, we still don't have even a rudimentary 'tendency' system to govern the AI. They seem to be working under the impression that simply assigning different moves means that characters play differently, but that's not the case at all. Doesn't have to be Fire Pro deep to start, maybe a 1-5 scale for things like 'grapple vs. strike', 'how often wrestler goes to top rope', 'goes for submissions', etc. Just something to differentiate how each character approaches a match.

I'll stop there before I get too wishlisty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 06:11 AM   #6
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't think they have shown actual gameplay at an E3 for a WWE game since Smackdown vs RAW 2011 back at E3 2010 and even then that was just to show off the new weapons physics they threw in that year. I can see them doing the same thing as they did last year where its behind closed doors and we might see a render or two.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:07 PM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

It'd be nice if 2K just included all the DLC with the game instead of charging $25 or more for the content, especially when a few months later the game goes on sale for $20-30 off and the DLC is thrown in for free.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 06-12-2015, 04:09 PM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'd like to see a more user-engaged Universe Mode. Let me be the booker, so to speak. Say I want Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns to enter a feud, I'd like to be able to control how that feud is built and ultimately culminates in a PPV match (or two/three), instead of seeing the two guys wrestle on RAW almost every week.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »