Home

WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1) within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2015, 06:14 PM   #25
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1)

I've played it for about 3 hours and I think it's great.

Yes there is the odd match that is too one sided or finishes on a normal move, but I've just had back to back wars on my first Raw episode in Universe.

Seth and Roman went to hell and back, Roman kicking out of a Pedigree on his way to winning, and I just had a phenomenal main event between Cena and Sheamus, where Cena kicked out of two of my Brogue Kicks, and I got out of one AA.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #26
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
OS reviews are always top notch and arguable the most in-depth you will find on the internet. And this is no different.
I'd agree that generally OS has in-depth reviews, but I don't know that I'd classify this as one. It's a lot of surface-level impressions.

Not that there aren't valid points here, but look at the biggest gameplay change this year: reversals. The review mentions that there is a limit, but no mention that they regenerate over the course of a match. This is key to the addition of rest holds to slow things down and allow you that time to build up stamina and reversal stock. The speculation that the CPU doesn't adhere to the same limits is also odd because you can see their reversal stock on-screen all the time.

And a note to anyone regarding creation loading times between items as the review also mentions this: hit square (and I assume whatever is Xbox equivalent) on an item. It'll preview the item on a dummy CAW and you can then scroll through all the items instantly.

Last edited by SmashMan; 10-31-2015 at 12:11 AM. Reason: General grammar - I use the word 'also' way too much.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:52 PM   #27
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I'm always amazed at how personal people take reviews like this. It's as if just because a game is getting positive reviews, or the impressions thread on this site is full of compliments, somehow people demand all reviews fall in line.

OS reviews are always top notch and arguable the most in-depth you will find on the internet. And this is no different.

People worried about this review "misleading" people into not buying this game should find comfort in the fact that there are tons of superficial, 2 paragraph mainstream reviews telling consumers to buy it just because it's new and the graphics are totally awesome.
There is nothing wrong with questioning the review. Especially when the score doesn't fall in line with other reviews. I would say IGN's 8.8 score and OS's score is a drastic difference and may be confusing to people.

Obviously a review is just one persons opinion and we have to respect that. But when a game is receiving a bevy of positive reviews (currently an 85 on Metacritic) and then gets hit with a score almost 2-3 points lower, it can be confusing and definitely questionable.

Last edited by PVarck31; 10-30-2015 at 07:32 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:14 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
bro; I think that obviously the xbox one and ps4 versions will feel better
360 and ps3 owners will have limited things in this game I think
Old 10-30-2015, 08:14 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatesignins101
bro; I think that obviously the xbox one and ps4 versions will feel better
360 and ps3 owners will have limited things in this game I think
especially if you don't have a harddrive..lol like myself
Old 10-30-2015, 09:27 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
I do agree with the bolded item above. At the very least, it should get to two count. Then again, when this happens to me, I always end up losing or the count gets to two-to-two in a half. That's just me though. Maybe my timing is still off. Also, I didn't say there's no bug in game, every game has bugs. I just haven't encountered any bugs that I consider "Game Breaker". Definitely looking forward to play more and hope and pray I don't encounter any game-breaking bug for my taste.
For your sake I hope not either! My meat and bones for this game is the universe mode and there are just so many bugs that go with it that its really bummed me out :/ but again, a good patch within the next week or so and my opinion will definitely be better for the game.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:15 AM   #31
Rookie

CEOHaize's Arena

Really surprised by this review. All of the other reviews I've read have said this game is great. I haven't played a wrestling game in almost 9 years so I'm sure I'm going to love it either way.

Host of The Awakened Soul Podcast
iTunes: https://t.co/2aRfWFw1ia
Google Play: https://t.co/yjgsoZLJ4r

@CEOHaize on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2015, 10:43 AM   #32
Rookie

Seanzie's Arena

OVR: 2

Having read through this thread, I don't think anyone's feelings are hurt by the review. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion; I actually like differing opinions instead of the typical hivemind you see with reviews. Also doesn't mean that we can't disagree with the review in a civilized manner.

The game has it's problems: long loading screens to edit movesets/entrances, Universe mode has it's quirks, hard to have a squash match, submission mechanics are weird, graphics are good, not great... but it's still a very solid, authoritative wrestling game.

As far as pinfalls being too easy, that might just mean you're extremely good at the game. I win a majority of my matches, but I lose a fair share as well (by pinfall).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »