Home

WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1) within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2015, 10:12 AM   #49
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Just to respond to concerns about the score, I think people have forgotten again what the OS scale is meant to do. We are basically locked into a 1-10 point scale for a couple of outside reasons, so we made the conscious decision to actually use the entire 1-10 points in the scale to rate games. That means that a 6.5 on OS doesn't mean its a 'D' as many people are assuming.

In reality, it's the equivalent to a 3.5 star out of 5 star review or a 2.5 out of 4, or in letter grades...probabably a C+ to B-. I never once said the game was bad, and I don't feel that way. But in many ways I do think the game is too shallow to be good and too buggy to be good as well. If many of these same types of bugs were in a Madden or NBA 2K, the community would be in an uproar. I'm probably too tough on many games, but I hold them all to a pretty high standard and apply the scale fairly.

Regardless, its just my opinion on the game. The scale even says fans of the sport will enjoy the games in the above average range -- and that certainly seems to be the case. I too am enjoying MyCareer and would enjoy Universe immensely if there weren't so many artificial limitations (I did knock the score for Universe mode being generally poorly executed).

So yeah there's that.

You can read the full rubric here:
http://www.operationsports.com/MMChr...h-score-means/
Old 11-02-2015, 03:36 PM   #50
Rookie

philliesphan026's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I'll start feeling bad for developers when games stop costing $60 a pop. I'm sure they're doing fine, lol.
When you consider that games cost millions of dollars and 2-5 years to make (depending on the game), and that the price of AAA games hasn't gone up since 2005 here in the US, we're pretty fortunate games still only cost $60...
Old 11-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 0

Glad I don't base my purchases on OS review scores.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #52
Rookie

Traceur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
Glad I don't base my purchases on OS review scores.
Agreed. The review is a joke. I don't care what "scale" is being used. This is one of the best WWE games in a long time.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:45 AM   #53

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Metacritic score is down to 79 on PS4. The user score is 7.6. XB1 score is worse. Not quite the universally praised game it looked to be a little while back.

Last edited by dubcity; 11-04-2015 at 03:47 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #54
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Metacritic score is down to 79 on PS4. The user score is 7.6. XB1 score is worse. Not quite the universally praised game it looked to be a little while back.
I'm trying to figure out your angle here. Is it that those who are enjoying the game shouldn't be?
Old 11-04-2015, 12:30 PM   #55

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I'm trying to figure out your angle here. Is it that those who are enjoying the game shouldn't be?

No, it just bugs me when people bash a review/opinion of a game just because it doesn't seemingly fall in line with the supposed majority opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #56
MVP

nate1986's Arena

Reviewers for the IGNs and Operation Sports are like us that don't work for them a gamer with an opinion thats all reviews are

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »