Home

WWE 2K17: Keys to Success

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17: Keys to Success within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2016, 02:36 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K17: Keys to Success

Imo the biggest letdown is loading times, limited caw slots (and downloads) and very slow downloads from CC.

The gameplay itself its kinda boring, but this has been an unadressed issue for so long that I actually don't care anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2016, 04:10 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Yep, completely agree. If you're down to the red bar on energy, you shouldn't be able to attempt a kickout until after the 1 count. I'd even be down with that same logic after a finisher, regardless of the energy.
I think something like this would be great and really make matches more exciting and dramatic to play;

Green Health - Can kick out any time
Yellow Health - 1 count disabled. Can kick out between 1 and 2 count and 2 and 3 count.
Red Health / Finisher - 1 count and 2 count are disabled. Can only kick out between the 2 and 3 count.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:59 PM   #27
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
I think something like this would be great and really make matches more exciting and dramatic to play;

Green Health - Can kick out any time
Yellow Health - 1 count disabled. Can kick out between 1 and 2 count and 2 and 3 count.
Red Health / Finisher - 1 count and 2 count are disabled. Can only kick out between the 2 and 3 count.
Boom, we could work at 2k my friend. Any devs reading this thread that may want to pay me an extremely generous salary to sit around and come up with gems like this? Pretty please?
Old 07-20-2016, 11:21 PM   #28
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Right off the top of my head...

1) Bring back story creator for Universe. Give us the ability to do scripts and narratives again.

2) Cage Matches....bring back the ability to get pin falls inside the cage with the ref in the ring.

3) The awful load times when downloading CAWS. It was painstakingly slow.

4) Commentary is the weakest in a sports game since those ESPN Baseball games with Chris Berman saying "back back back back."
Old 07-22-2016, 03:46 AM   #29
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Three high-level things I'd like to see:

1 - Atmosphere. The commentary in this game has never approached good. The crowd, while better than recent years, still is very formulaic and predictable in where, how, and when they will react. The core game is rock-solid, but after playing a dozen matches I've seen everything there is to see, I've experienced everything there is to experience. Change that.

2 - Context. Universe Mode needs a lot of love. A lot. It barely succeeds in putting a framework of a story around the matches the AI booker lines up each week. It also needs to be fully online-enabled and multiplayer to take advantage of this game's greatest strength, the core gameplay in a multiplayer setting. Change up the formula a bit with the 2K Showcase mode; it's still effective but it's stale. Keep improving MyCareer, and expand the MyCareer invasion feature.

3 - Respect. I've been yapping about this for a long time now - the post-release support policy for this game is offensive to customers, especially when framed against other AAA licensed sports video games and fighting games. Get with the times; build us a game you'll support year-round with more than just monthly paid content drops, give the user base free content to keep them coming back to the game, and rethink your game's monetization policy to support this philosophical change.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:15 AM   #30
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Three high-level things I'd like to see:

1 - Atmosphere. The commentary in this game has never approached good. The crowd, while better than recent years, still is very formulaic and predictable in where, how, and when they will react. The core game is rock-solid, but after playing a dozen matches I've seen everything there is to see, I've experienced everything there is to experience. Change that.

2 - Context. Universe Mode needs a lot of love. A lot. It barely succeeds in putting a framework of a story around the matches the AI booker lines up each week. It also needs to be fully online-enabled and multiplayer to take advantage of this game's greatest strength, the core gameplay in a multiplayer setting. Change up the formula a bit with the 2K Showcase mode; it's still effective but it's stale. Keep improving MyCareer, and expand the MyCareer invasion feature.

3 - Respect. I've been yapping about this for a long time now - the post-release support policy for this game is offensive to customers, especially when framed against other AAA licensed sports video games and fighting games. Get with the times; build us a game you'll support year-round with more than just monthly paid content drops, give the user base free content to keep them coming back to the game, and rethink your game's monetization policy to support this philosophical change.
(slow clap)

Well said.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:34 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

This was the first wwe game I've picked up in many years. One thing I'm surprised isn't in the CAW features is importing music. MLB does it with sounds of the show. Would vastly improve creation features

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2016, 10:11 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondok
This was the first wwe game I've picked up in many years. One thing I'm surprised isn't in the CAW features is importing music. MLB does it with sounds of the show. Would vastly improve creation features

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MLB the Show is also the one that figured out how to do it ( probably from the devs themselves). And why give away secrets that are exclusive to your game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »