Home

WWE 2K17 NXT Edition Announced with Exclusive Content

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 NXT Edition Announced with Exclusive Content within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2016, 12:15 PM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
WWE 2K17 NXT Edition Announced with Exclusive Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
Plus they'll probably be free dlc down the road.

On the contrary, I'm gonna guess these characters will be publicly available behind a $10 pay wall in like February.

Unlike every single one of its contemporaries, this series' developer never meaningfully extends the game without expecting cash immediately in return, which is a big reason why WWE 2K in my opinion has easily the worst track record of post-release support among all AAA sports and fighting games.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
How about a WWE 2k17 full/entire edition 2k?...
Old 07-14-2016, 12:27 PM   #11
Rookie

bravesvolsfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolchock1689
2K is quickly ruining this series....if you buy a game everyone should be playable. If you want to make us have to unlock characters that's one thing. But half the roster you are going to wind up having pay additional cash for.
"Half the roster" is a bit of an exaggeration for having to pay for 3 characters (that will be available as DLC later this year) out of 100+ superstars on the roster. Everyone is overreacting greatly to this. This is something 2K and THQ have done for years. Personally, I think it does suck they are exclusive to this pack alone, but it isn't the first time they've done this. Having Nakamura, Crews, and Nia makes me want to get this. It's a pretty decent deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2016, 12:28 PM   #12
Rookie

bravesvolsfan's Arena

Quote:
2K is quickly ruining this series....if you buy a game everyone should be playable. If you want to make us have to unlock characters that's one thing. But half the roster you are going to wind up having pay additional cash for.
Furthermore, 2K is bringing this series to heights we've never seen before. WWE 2K16 was easily one of the best games in the WWE games series. 2K is better than what THQ would've given us. I expect 2K17 to be even better.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:35 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesvolsfan
"Half the roster" is a bit of an exaggeration for having to pay for 3 characters (that will be available as DLC later this year) out of 100+ superstars on the roster. Everyone is overreacting greatly to this. This is something 2K and THQ have done for years. Personally, I think it does suck they are exclusive to this pack alone, but it isn't the first time they've done this. Having Nakamura, Crews, and Nia makes me want to get this. It's a pretty decent deal.
These guys are on TV every week....no logically reason to have to pay extra for them. There should be virtually currency earned by playing the game to unlock them. Or the option to just pay and get them. That would be fair.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:44 PM   #14
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: WWE 2K17 NXT Edition Announced with Exclusive Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
Plus they'll probably be free dlc down the road.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not free. It says in the article:

Quote:
The NXT Enhancement Pack, which includes access to the NXT Superstars, is available on launch day for consumers who purchase the WWE 2K17 NXT Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One;

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consumers who do not purchase the WWE 2K17 NXT Edition can purchase the NXT Enhancement Pack through the game’s downloadable content program later this year
Buying this edition just gets you them at launch.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #15
Rookie

bravesvolsfan's Arena

Quote:
These guys are on TV every week....no logically reason to have to pay extra for them. There should be virtually currency earned by playing the game to unlock them. Or the option to just pay and get them. That would be fair.
You can pay to get them down the road. I agree they should be in regardless, but I just don't understand the logic that 2K is ruining this series by having 3 popular superstars in a preorder. The game should be better this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2016, 03:17 PM   #16
Pro

legacyme3's Arena

OVR: 5
So, this alone turned 2k17 from a must-buy to a must-avoid.

I'm not paying 40 dollars more for the total of three things I want, all characters.

You don't hold characters hostage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »