Home

WWE 2K17 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 Universe Mode within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2016, 01:15 AM   #33
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K17 Universe Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread for this, but since it is to do with universe mode I wouldn't mind getting some thoughts on it so I can maybe add something I didn't think of while at the same time giving you guys some ideas for your own universe.
There's quite a bit of info so I included spoilers to keep the forum cleaner.

WWE2K seems to have added a lot of non match things this year with promos/attacks and there's always the possibility the ai is better at creating rivalries so some of this may not be needed.

The Why and How
Spoiler

How it all comes together
Spoiler

Keeping It Fresh
Spoiler

This is a google spreadsheet I did to show an example of the rankings, how the wrestlers are broken down by tiers and a way to keep track of things
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
For injuries, I wish we could just assign wrestlers injuries just like NBA 2K series has it.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:27 PM   #34
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6

I always go with the "less is more" approach with my universe as it is what I wish WWE would do.

I usually book TV shows with 3 "main matches" even though we have to book 5 hopefully this year we can edit these so I can have just 3 for TV and however many I need for PPV.

Anyway here is what I do:
Spoiler

If anyone is interested I could go in to detail about my initial plans storyline wise its something fantasy like but could be alot of fun.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:35 PM   #35
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBotHesh_23
In previous years I would remove all real wrestlers from my universe and just use original CAWs. This took a lot of effort to set up and often times I'd end up burnt out by the process of getting things just where I want them before even beginning. Because of this, the last game I bought was 2k14 and I've used that one over the past couple of years with my all CAW universe since I didn't want to go through all the work again to get it set up.
I'm going to change it up this year, I am going to use actual WWE wrestlers for RAW and Smackdown and use NXT for my CAWs, I'll slowly incorporate them into the main roster and remove WWE wrestlers as they 'retire'. This will allow me to enjoy Universe mode sooner, and eventually end up at the same place with most, if not all, CAWs eventually being in Universe.
Love this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 01:36 PM   #36
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

Wk 2 WCW Shows posted. Carrying this over to 17 as I want to build a deep history for this Universe.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #37
Rookie

truckstick30's Arena

I'm thinking i might go and completely remake everything & make the WWE my own. It'll be a completely simulated universe.

I'll run only two shows with about 20 people per roster and the minimum amount of matches available i think 5 was the lowest for 2k16 (lowest amount of matches because I dont have the patience to set up 2 huge shows every week lol)

I'm going to eliminate Raw as a whole and make Monday Night Smackdown & re-color the logo to make it raw red. Then i'll make Friday Night NXT and re-color that with smackdown blue. Both shows will have balanced rosters & while NXT top 3 will consist of AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & Zack Ryder (as a wildcard guy getting a push). Smackdown's top 3 will be Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens & Bray Wyatt (Wyatt being the wildcard) I also might go ahead and make my own CAW, Willie Thomas and throw him in the mix on one of the shows

I'll create all new belts & Arena's for each show.

Top belts: NXT World Champion/
Smackdown International Champion

Tag team Champs will only be on NXT
Womans Champ will only be on Smackdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2016, 02:36 PM   #38
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

There's word going around that we will be getting Universe info on Wednesday as well as a bunch of videos being released by youtubers.
Old 09-26-2016, 05:33 PM   #39
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
There's word going around that we will be getting Universe info on Wednesday as well as a bunch of videos being released by youtubers.
Please let this be true, the anticipation is killing me! Even though I've stopped following WWE related Youtubers like TubbyEmu i'll be paying attention for videos.

Reed is comin' atcha!

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 09-26-2016, 08:37 PM   #40
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

2k has a blog coming out tomorrow on Universe mode. Here's a pic that was posted with the tweet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »