Home

WWE 2K17 Reviewer Impressions

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 Reviewer Impressions within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2016, 10:47 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
WWE 2K17 Reviewer Impressions

While you can expect a full review early next week, here are my initial thoughts after a day with WWE 2K17...

Read More - WWE 2K17 Reviewer Impressions
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 12:36 PM   #2
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
"This simulation feel can occasionally slow to a crawl though. During a career match, there were moments when all I could do is try (unsuccessfully) to reverse; this lead to about 5 minutes of what felt like watching the game play itself"

This has been one of my main complaints about the game for a few years. Between situations like this and having to watch slow or long move animations there are times where there is a lack of control and you spend more time watching rather than playing.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:57 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7
honestly, the game is so much more fun if you just make rules with yourself about what you can do when. I usually always try to keep one reversal in my back pocket in case my opponent gets a signature or finisher. if you just play it realistically and try to put on the best match while also coming out on top, you'll have a fun game for yourself.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:42 AM   #4
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: WWE 2K17 Reviewer Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
honestly, the game is so much more fun if you just make rules with yourself about what you can do when. I usually always try to keep one reversal in my back pocket in case my opponent gets a signature or finisher. if you just play it realistically and try to put on the best match while also coming out on top, you'll have a fun game for yourself.

I feel you and used to play like this, but I'm at the point where I just want the game to be challenging again. Halfway through the match I always ask myself why I'm even playing a game where I have to handcuff myself just to have a good match and end up turning it off.

On the flip side, I played HCTP the other day and got my *** whipped. That game has fun, fast, challenging gameplay. Even down to the finishers which have that epic freeze frame for a few seconds before the impact.

I understand why 2K went towards simulation, but it just isn't fun for me the way it is right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2016, 01:54 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0
UMhester04
What difficulty do you play on?
I play on legend and find it too easy even after adjusting all of the A.I's reversal sliders to Max and putting my reversal sliders to zero.

I think the main problem is the fact that even though you Max out the computer's Finisher reversal slider, they dont reverse finishers enough. And also the pin meter is too easy on legend and the computer attempts too many charged finishers.

When playing against The Rock, he does the spinebuster and pins after. He goes for the peoples elbow a little more this year than in 2k16. But the spinebuster and peoples elbow should just be one move sequence. The spinebuster should just go straight into the peoples elbow.

Triple H also pins right after his Spinebuster. Bret Hart doesnt always go for his sharpshooter.

All in all the game is more difficult this year than Wwe 2k16. But it should still be more difficult. There is no reason why a User should be able to defeat John Cena who is rated 93 with a Superstar who has a 76 overall. I saw DenkOps the Youtuber go in a Rivalry with his CAW and he won all 3 singles matches and his wrestler is rated 76.

I have also beat Samoa Joe 3 times in a row on Legend difficulty with my 76 Rated Goldberg in My Career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2016, 01:56 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0
I found Smackdown here comes the pain even easier than Wwe 2k16 and 2k17. So the difficulty for wrestling games against the A.I has always been bad.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:25 PM   #7
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
I feel you and used to play like this, but I'm at the point where I just want the game to be challenging again. Halfway through the match I always ask myself why I'm even playing a game where I have to handcuff myself just to have a good match and end up turning it off.

On the flip side, I played HCTP the other day and got my *** whipped. That game has fun, fast, challenging gameplay. Even down to the finishers which have that epic freeze frame for a few seconds before the impact.

I understand why 2K went towards simulation, but it just isn't fun for me the way it is right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HCTP has been my measuring stick for awhile. I don't think there has been a wreslting game I've enjoyed as much since that game released. We can debate which games are more difficult but I think from a gameplay stand point HCTP had a winning formula. Like you said it was fun, fast paced, and relatively challenging.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:27 PM   #8
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeart2422
UMhester04
What difficulty do you play on?
I play on legend and find it too easy even after adjusting all of the A.I's reversal sliders to Max and putting my reversal sliders to zero.

I think the main problem is the fact that even though you Max out the computer's Finisher reversal slider, they dont reverse finishers enough. And also the pin meter is too easy on legend and the computer attempts too many charged finishers.

When playing against The Rock, he does the spinebuster and pins after. He goes for the peoples elbow a little more this year than in 2k16. But the spinebuster and peoples elbow should just be one move sequence. The spinebuster should just go straight into the peoples elbow.

Triple H also pins right after his Spinebuster. Bret Hart doesnt always go for his sharpshooter.

All in all the game is more difficult this year than Wwe 2k16. But it should still be more difficult. There is no reason why a User should be able to defeat John Cena who is rated 93 with a Superstar who has a 76 overall. I saw DenkOps the Youtuber go in a Rivalry with his CAW and he won all 3 singles matches and his wrestler is rated 76.

I have also beat Samoa Joe 3 times in a row on Legend difficulty with my 76 Rated Goldberg in My Career.
That's interesting because when it comes to the nba series 2k prides itself on replicating player likeness and signature styles. Do they have tendencies for superstars in wwe? Because if they don't it should certainly be added. Like you said the rock going for the people's elbow after the spine buster should be automatic, unless he doesn't have his signature/finisher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »