Home

WWE 2K17 Patch 1.02 (PS4, Xbox One) & 1.01 (PS3, 360) Available, Full Details

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 Patch 1.02 (PS4, Xbox One) & 1.01 (PS3, 360) Available, Full Details within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2016, 01:32 AM   #33
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: WWE 2K17 Patch 1.02 Available Now, Here Are The Full Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
anyone having an issue setting up a womens match after this update? it will not let me do one at all without it sitting on a blank screen
I've done two one-on-one matches in exhibition without a problem. Are you trying 1vs1 or something else? Exhibition or Universe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
**** this game. I just spent a full week downloading guys, rerating everything, and setting up a universe. Turn it on just now and everything is deleted. This is with the patch installed.
Was it your first time booting the game after the patch? If so, did you accept or decline the prompt on the title screen to update your save data? If you declined, it would start a fresh save.

I've only read one case of a save deleting after the patch and it was someone who rushed through that prompt. Wondering if you might've done the same thing. If not, I have no idea.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:35 AM   #34
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I installed the patch last night and set up a couple more CAW for my universe. When I turned it on earlier today, everything fine. I edited a couple of guys during commercials of the world series and then had my ps4 in rest mode.

I just turned it back on, and when I went into the game it acted like it was my first time and told me I had 200,000 vc points.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2016, 01:41 AM   #35
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

Rest mode from the game's main menu or did you close the game out first? Going to rest mode from the main menu was wiping saves for some people too, yeah. I guess they didn't fix that one, though.

Happen to have any saves backed up on PS+? Maybe you'd only lose a day of work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2016, 02:23 AM   #36
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

Yeah it was rest mode from the main menu. I hadn't had that problem pre-patch. So frustrating.

Was it using an auto backup to the cloud with plus? I wasn't manually backing anything up.

Old 10-29-2016, 03:46 AM   #37
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

Not sure, I was manually backing my save up to an external drive after every time I played just in case something screwed up.

I'll also say the rest mode wipe seemed less widespread. I actually forgot about it until your post. Not that it makes it any easier, obviously - but I could see how it might not be fixed if they're having trouble reproducing it.

Last edited by SmashMan; 10-29-2016 at 04:51 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:08 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcsutto
So apparently this patch has introduced an issue where referees won't count pinfalls in fights that involve cut scenes. Lots of people are reporting this elsewhere, I've encountered it once since the patch. Anybody else seeing it?

So, an update to this issue. I went back into Universe this morning attempting to complete the match from yesterday in which the referee wouldn't count a pinfall. Very early in the match, I attempted a pin as the ref counted. So far, so good, right?

Later in the match, right before the cutscenes played out, I attempted another pin. No count.

This time, I decided to let things play out. The cutscenes plays, Bayley hits her finisher on me (I was Sasha), she goes to pin me, no count.

Because it worked earlier, I decided to continue the match, thinking maybe if I could get Bayley to tap out, the match would end. Two problems there - 1: I suck at submissions and 2: She kept reversing my finisher.

On and on the match went but then, something strange happened. The ref started counting a pinfall attempt on Bayley! She kicked out at 2, but I had hope.

The match continued, and I was able to hit my signature move on her, which goes directly into a pinfall attempt. No count.

Continuing on confused as hell, it appeared that the ref would count maybe every 5th or 6th pinfall attempt.

Finally, after about 20 minutes, Bayley hits her finisher on me and the ref delivers the 3 count.

In summary, what a buggy mess this game has become. This reminds me of the final FPS: Football on the PC that some of you young kids won't remember. It's really amazing that this game was released, and then patched, and yet still contains so many damn bugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #39
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Not sure, I was manually backing my save up to an external drive after every time I played just in case something screwed up.

I'll also say the rest mode wipe seemed less widespread. I actually forgot about it until your post. Not that it makes it any easier, obviously - but I could see how it might not be fixed if they're having trouble reproducing it.
It's a festivus miracle. My cloud data was saved just before the wipe.

Thanks so much. Without you responding to me, I would have completely forgot to check that.

Old 10-29-2016, 12:28 PM   #40
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

OVR: 0
Nice of them to address 6 million minor things, but you still can't use the DX music for a custom superstar for victory music. So, I have different music for entrance and winning a match. That's realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »