Home

How to improve Universe Mode and Make the Game Amazing

This is a discussion on How to improve Universe Mode and Make the Game Amazing within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2018, 01:08 PM   #1
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
How to improve Universe Mode and Make the Game Amazing

This year I didn't buy the game at release. I wasn't going to get it this year but was given it for Christmas. I'm glad I was. I'm enjoying the game. But once again I feel that it is missing a lot. I usually only play Universe Mode so that's where my focus is. Some who have read my posts about this before will definitely see some repeat ideas from past years. But until they are added or something is done to make me move on from them I'll keep including them.

1. Give Shows and rosters some actual meaning. If I create RAW and Smackdown and have the rosters separated, please let us some meaning to it. As it currently stands, I can switch anyone to any show without anything being said or it being a bid deal. But in reality, if AJ Styles were to join RAW it would be huge. And he'd most likely be thrown right into a title picture. But in Universe Mode, he's just now on RAW. No mention he was on the other show. No big debut. So switching brands brings nothing to the table. We need to change this. If a highly ranked star goes over to a new show it should be news. If he shows up just because he's got beef with someone on the other show, that too should be big news. Make this matter.

2. Shows should have ratings based on quality of matches and matchups. I believe it was last year's 2K17 that introduced the star ranking of matches. I love this feature and fight to get a 5 star match. What if that matter more? What if I needed more great matches to make sure the virtual crowd is tuning into my match? This would help things matter. Also, rivalries would be graded. If one isn't red hot and the viewers don't care, you might want to change course or try and spice it up somehow so your viewership doesn't drop. The ratings also factor into you wanting to get Top talent on your show. Keep NXT as a "minor League" so it doesn't really compete with your other shows but if someone becomes a breakout start on NXT, you'll want to bring him into one of your shows to help boost the ratings. And again, his debut will matter as well. Also, you'll want to steal from other shows you may have created. But be careful, if you get too many of the top guys and don't have enough for them to do this could also drop your ratings.

3. Head to head shows. I want to be able to have shows on the same night to really compete. This isn't a must but would be fun to have rival shows that aren't "WWE" shows just for the sake of fun. It might not be possible but I'm fan allowing us to attempt to recreate the Monday Night Wars on Monday nights.

4. Invading stables. Stables exist in Universe but they really don't matter much. Allow us to create something with Stables and allow them to actually reek havoc. If I want to bring the nWo back, I should be able to do that and I shouldn't be stuck to a 5 man limit in my stable. I don't have problem with a limit, but it should be expanded a bit.

5. Create a storyline in Universe Mode. This is long over due. The fact they took create a storyline out and didn't ever try to move it over into Universe is one of the biggest problems I've had with the series. They took a fun feature away instead of allowing us a new way to use it. I'm always against losing features. This one had so much potential and yet they just dropped it. Very frustrating. And for those that don't want to create their own they could easily just download one someone else created and upload it into Universe Mode for something new and exciting. And again, the better the story, the better the rivalries and the better the ratings. So it all can tie back in. Sure you may not get to control the promo in some of these storylines, but the promos might actually sound better if the person that created the story put the time into them.

6. Invasions from other shows. Sometimes invasions can be corny, other times they are fun. Why not allow WCW to invade WWE and have it reflected on both shows? It would be another cool fun factor that could up the fun of playing. Plus it sets up for fun betrayals as one might jump to the other brand in the middle of the invasion. If create a storyline is in, we can handle this but if not this would still be a fun addition.

7. Injury/return. If we have a star get injured, have it be a big deal when he returns. If he gets injured in the middle of a feud and the person he's feuding with caused the injury, have him target that person when he comes back.

8. Create a Match. Allow us to create new and exciting ways for our matches to happen. These again can help our PPVs have higher ratings and allow us to become the bigger shows.

9. Have an option where you can be fired from a show or even have the show cancelled. This one isn't for everyone so include a way to turn this off but it could add some excitement if you choose to only run one show. I prefer the total control I have now but I see the merit in having only one show you can run and the shot you could be fired and have to go to a "lesser show" as a result.

10. Custom music. Come 2K, everyone knows this feature is one everyone wants back. And yes it is huge for Franchise because if I'm running multiple shows and have some CAW shows, I want to get custom music in. At the very least dig into that deep WWE archive and give us more classic themes. Also allow us to use any song you include on the soundtrack as well. It is frustrating to hear a song in the menu options but not be able to use it for my created wrestlers.

11. Allow for more rivalries. I know they expended this with "potential rivalries" but I still think we need more than just 3 active ones. I feel they took a step in the right direction this year in this regard but need a little more.

12. Text News show that updates what's going on with each brand. It will help us keep up with what is hot and what isn't so we can better manage our shows.

That's just 12 random thoughts on how to improve Universe mode. I would love to see all or some of these. Sadly, it appears the 2K team is more interested in staying stuck in the same old same for Universe mode instead of trying to add to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: How to improve Universe Mode and Make the Game Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
5. Create a storyline in Universe Mode. This is long over due. The fact they took create a storyline out and didn't ever try to move it over into Universe is one of the biggest problems I've had with the series. They took a fun feature away instead of allowing us a new way to use it. I'm always against losing features. This one had so much potential and yet they just dropped it. Very frustrating. And for those that don't want to create their own they could easily just download one someone else created and upload it into Universe Mode for something new and exciting. And again, the better the story, the better the rivalries and the better the ratings. So it all can tie back in. Sure you may not get to control the promo in some of these storylines, but the promos might actually sound better if the person that created the story put the time into them.
Most of your ideas are pretty solid even if they don't really impact/interest me or my play style. This one is a real head-scratcher for me though. Back when they first introduced Create a Storyline, I was 99% sure that it would make it into Universe Mode the next year. I still can't believe it never did. Instead, they added some of their own which were alright but it would enhance the replay value in a big way to be able to add storylines and allow universe to incorporate them when certain conditions are met or let me choose to put one in place.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:00 PM   #3
MVP

thescoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
Most of your ideas are pretty solid even if they don't really impact/interest me or my play style. This one is a real head-scratcher for me though. Back when they first introduced Create a Storyline, I was 99% sure that it would make it into Universe Mode the next year. I still can't believe it never did. Instead, they added some of their own which were alright but it would enhance the replay value in a big way to be able to add storylines and allow universe to incorporate them when certain conditions are met or let me choose to put one in place.
This is by far the one I want the most. I would help with a lot of the other items I have listed out.

I think you can see from the way I want to play it, I want to fill like I'm running a show/host of shows. Years ago in one of the SVR games they had a create a PPV. When you created your own PPV they gave you a TV rating at the end. I had the most fun trying to create a card that would earn me a high TV rating. Maybe that was just me but I always enjoyed that side of it more than even playing the card I had put together.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:45 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
This is by far the one I want the most. I would help with a lot of the other items I have listed out.

I think you can see from the way I want to play it, I want to fill like I'm running a show/host of shows. Years ago in one of the SVR games they had a create a PPV. When you created your own PPV they gave you a TV rating at the end. I had the most fun trying to create a card that would earn me a high TV rating. Maybe that was just me but I always enjoyed that side of it more than even playing the card I had put together.
I'm always torn between wanting to script stuff out myself and wanting to see what the CPU bookers come up with. Either way, allowing Create-a-Storyline in Universe has just always made WAY too much sense to not be included.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:44 AM   #5
MVP

thescoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
I'm always torn between wanting to script stuff out myself and wanting to see what the CPU bookers come up with. Either way, allowing Create-a-Storyline in Universe has just always made WAY too much sense to not be included.
I think I'd do a healthy mix between my own and the CPU. I do have some fun ideas I'd like to put in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #6
Rookie

theonlybstew's Arena

OVR: 0

Two for MITB

1. Not skipping the scheduled match when you decide to cash in.

2. The Seth Rollins Rule............ Allow a singles match to become a triple threat.

PS4
NBA 2k22
WWE 2K22
NHL 22
MLB 20 THE SHOW
SONIC CLASSICS

PS3
NCAA FB 14
Old 01-27-2018, 08:13 AM   #7
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlybstew
Two for MITB

1. Not skipping the scheduled match when you decide to cash in.

2. The Seth Rollins Rule............ Allow a singles match to become a triple threat.
Number 1 for sure, I hate the way it is. Why is it like that at all?

Also I would love the make your own story line it would be so much better.

My other thing is the shows have no meaning, they need to be made to compete against each other for ratings. I skip RAW and Smackdown because there is no purpose to them because I have rivalries off(because I hate doing the same match all the time). It would be different with ratings for each show.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:40 PM   #8
MVP

thescoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Number 1 for sure, I hate the way it is. Why is it like that at all?

Also I would love the make your own story line it would be so much better.

My other thing is the shows have no meaning, they need to be made to compete against each other for ratings. I skip RAW and Smackdown because there is no purpose to them because I have rivalries off(because I hate doing the same match all the time). It would be different with ratings for each show.
You and I are on the same page with the shows needing to matter. That's why I said we need to see the shows ratings and have it matter. You could add GM's that could fired or just have it lead to your show even being cancelled. One of the old Smackdown games had a create a PPV mode that always use to give you ratings at for your created show. And matchups mattered a lot to getting a higher rating. I loved this feature and have always wanted to see it brought back and in Universe mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »