Home

WWE 2K19 Gameplay Features Revealed

This is a discussion on WWE 2K19 Gameplay Features Revealed within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2018, 10:39 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WWE 2K19 Gameplay Features Revealed

https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k19-features/

General Improvements
  • In WWE 2K18, we upped the total number of competitors on screen from six to eight. In WWE 2K19, we’ve improved the framerate for matches with six or more characters on screen so that things will remain smooth – even when the ring is crowded. In general, the animations are faster and look more impactful when moves are performed.
  • Strikes have been overhauled with over 250 new attack and reaction animations. The new strike reaction system triggers varied and contextually appropriate response animations, taking into account fatigue level and size difference.
  • When facing computer-controlled opponents, you’ll notice they utilize a wider variety of offense. Additionally, they behave more opportunistically based on their positioning inside or outside of the ring, on the cage, etc.
  • Commentary is bolstered with over 15,000 new lines from the team of Michael Cole, Corey Graves, and Byron Saxton. All entrance commentary is brand new, with more specific and natural references to the WWE Superstars as they come down the ramp. Once the action gets rolling, thousands of new move calls add to the excitement of the matches.
  • Dozens of new match scoring conditions allow more creativity in your quest to earn a coveted five-star match, and a more detailed results screen offers more transparency as to what went into your rating.
  • You can now change controller assignment in the middle of a match in Universe and Exhibition. Simply pause the game and you can switch to an A.I. vs A.I. match, control your opponent, or whatever you like.

Read much more here.
https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k19-features/
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 11:21 PM   #2
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: WWE 2K19 Gameplay Features Revealed

I was thinking of not purchasing the game this year but I like the little universe mode improvements and I'm not a MyCareer guy but I'm definitely trying that this year. Looks like I'll be purchasing the game. maybe not day one but soon

Sent from my LGMP260 using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 09-28-2018, 10:36 AM   #3
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I like this:

Money in the Bank Updates

You can now choose who is holding the Money in the Bank briefcase in both Exhibition and Universe Mode. In addition, a variety of cash-in sequences are now at your disposal. Player-controlled or A.I. characters can cash in before, during, or after a match with a quick selection in the pause screen. If you’re concerned about pesky A.I. cash-ins ruining your day, it’s easy to tweak the frequency with handy sliders in the settings. Players can also create and customize their own Money in the Bank briefcases for use in both Exhibition and Universe Mode.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

Until they fix the weight detection, I may be sitting it out

I hate using a small guy and virtually doing any move or lift to all heavier opponents

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2018, 11:16 AM   #5
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve
Until they fix the weight detection, I may be sitting it out

I hate using a small guy and virtually doing any move or lift to all heavier opponents

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
You must not be playing the same game. Weight detection has been pretty solid the last couple of years. Try having a match with mark Henry in 2k18. At the start of the match if you try and grapple him with a smaller guy he automatically throws you down to the mat. Also running moves simply wobble him and don't knock him down.

Is it perfect? No. But it's pretty solid. If they coded it so that smaller guys couldn't lift mark Henry ever hey would have to code a whole separate finisher system. Because let's face it a guy like CIampa in real life isn't going to be able to hit a powerbomb lung blower on Henry in real life. So basically half your moveset is essentially non useable against certain guys, and 2K has to somewhat cater to the casual crowds. A lot of kids by these games and by and large want an arcade stule gameplay.

Overall 2K has made some really great strides with this series. And honestly I really enjoyed 2k18. Most sports games only have 3 month shelf life for me because their are so many options I played throughout the year. But I found myself going back to 2k18 a lot last year.

I would say to anyone on the fence give the game a try this year. If it's even half as solid as 2k18 win the new additions it should be a ton of fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 01:09 PM   #6
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

So still no tendencies/CPU logic?
Old 10-05-2018, 07:14 PM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
So still no tendencies/CPU logic?
There's personality traits that dictate how they behave. Such as treacherous which will make them do anything to get the win, think Eddie Guerrero in his "lie, cheat, steal" days. Bold for the guys who take chances like jeff hardy. There's a few others those are just some examples
Old 10-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #8
Rookie

In the link provided by OP it says we can have 6 titles on a show, and that you can have multiple female or tag titles per show. Did they remove all requirements from each title slot?

For instance, can you have six male titles? Six female titles? Six MitB briefcases? Do they require the top title to be a singles title? Can you have 0 titles/briefcases?

Also, can titles still be shared across shows? Can titles be removed from a show mid-universe without consequences?

Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »