Home

Ten Years of Tigers History - An "Every-Pitch" The Show Franchise!

This is a discussion on Ten Years of Tigers History - An "Every-Pitch" The Show Franchise! within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #49
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Ten Years of Tigers History - An "Every-Pitch" The Show Franchise!

Go Braves! I wish they were sitting a little better than just 1 game over .500 but still plenty of ball left. How's the starting rotation doing for the Braves if you don't mind looking next time your on.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #50
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI DECAY IXI
Go Braves! I wish they were sitting a little better than just 1 game over .500 but still plenty of ball left. How's the starting rotation doing for the Braves if you don't mind looking next time your on.
To be honest, I remembered "waiting to see how my Bravos are doing", but was on my way to bed -- I'll check and give you a general look at how they are next time I'm on! Thanks for following!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #51
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI DECAY IXI
I didn't forget about you, Decay -- I just haven't had the old lady's CPU near the PS3 since this post, so I can't give you exact numbers but.........

The Jay Hey Kid is off to a pretty slow start, if memory serves he was around .225 with 4 or 5 homers and like 14 RBI's through 32 games.

Other than that, really nothing seriously stood out other than Kimbrel had been dominant (not that this should be a surprise) -- ERA under 1, like 10K/9... Hudson was around 2.25 ERA and I believe he was 4-1, and Medlen had done enough to where I remembered to mention him.

I promise I'll give you a more detailed report when I get the PC in proximity to the PS3... been a long weekend, 8 hours Friday night, 12 today and 11 tomorrow.

But, I appreciate the follow and will be happy to bring up stats for anyone who asks about their favorite squads.

I know the start has been a bit boring while I had been getting used to how the franchise mode works in The Show and all its nuances (remember, The Show 12 if my first Show -- I played modified MVP 2005 all the way up to 11...) and the fact that I don't have an idea for a compelling backstory like the "Ted Turner Memoirs" -- it all has to come from play, and obviously we weren't far in!

I do want to spice it up and give a lot more of a "newspapery" feel talking about games and players... I don't have PhotoShop on here, so it won't be incredibly photo-intensive, but I definitely want to make it more immersive and a more interesting read -- rather than just stats to let you know how things break down when you play every pitch of a season, and then multiple seasons.

I'm a great writer about "real" things, but in this genre, I'll never be a Hurst or a Lilbiggio... but I do want to bring more to the table for my readers, so if there's anything you'd like to see... please don't hesitate.

Thanks again to all who have read or are reading this story, and I hope I do well to keep your readership in the future with this story!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #52
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

You know, I always LOVE backstory, but I don't think backstory fits here. If you made it like a newspaper, however, I think it'd be great. What I'm doing is, I took a snap shot of the header of the Blue Jays main website and I just wrote below it. Maybe I'll put in a few screenshots from The Show. You could try it like that. You could also do a Hurst style newspaper. Lilbiggio's photos always look great, but you gotta know photoshop to do them haha.

Just my two cents.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #53
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan1999
You know, I always LOVE backstory, but I don't think backstory fits here. If you made it like a newspaper, however, I think it'd be great. What I'm doing is, I took a snap shot of the header of the Blue Jays main website and I just wrote below it. Maybe I'll put in a few screenshots from The Show. You could try it like that. You could also do a Hurst style newspaper. Lilbiggio's photos always look great, but you gotta know photoshop to do them haha.

Just my two cents.
Oh, I *KNOW* PhotoShop... but it was on my old machine which no longer exists.

Things had just kind of slowed down -- probably because of delays, but in my eyes, because this was a boring collection of just stats and statements.

Just looking for ways to improve. Fiction is not a strong suit.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #54
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
Oh, I *KNOW* PhotoShop... but it was on my old machine which no longer exists.

Things had just kind of slowed down -- probably because of delays, but in my eyes, because this was a boring collection of just stats and statements.

Just looking for ways to improve. Fiction is not a strong suit.
You gotta get a new computer man lol.... open up a paypal, get donations!

I think for now, you should just try to resort to screenshots, HTML, and whatever you see fit. Good job on this!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #55
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan1999
You gotta get a new computer man lol.... open up a paypal, get donations!

I think for now, you should just try to resort to screenshots, HTML, and whatever you see fit. Good job on this!
Pshhh... why would anyone donate me money to get a new CPU??? Oh well, at least you made me laugh, bud.

Thanks for the compliment, I'm gonna keep adding I just wanted to try to make it more like a story rather than just me rambling about whats going on and posting stat tables.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #56
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
Pshhh... why would anyone donate me money to get a new CPU??? Oh well, at least you made me laugh, bud.

Thanks for the compliment, I'm gonna keep adding I just wanted to try to make it more like a story rather than just me rambling about whats going on and posting stat tables.
Can't wait for your next update, state table or story

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »