Home

Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

This is a discussion on Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If the fight happens how will it end?
Mayweather by decision 118 48.36%
Pacquiao by decision 49 20.08%
Mayweather by knockout 27 11.07%
Pacquiao by knockout 47 19.26%
It will be a draw! 3 1.23%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #593
Rookie

Vinzanity's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

Well for me, he still needs to fight Pac for bragging rights and contrariwise, Pac needs to fight Floyd. I need to see them in action and battle for that #1 P4P spot in the sport. Right now, I think neither of them is the true P4P King. It needs to be settled and it's the only way. And in my opinion, it's very important for both to face each other to solidify their greatness. It's good for them. But really I just wanna see boxing at its exceedingly best once and for all.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #594
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinzanity
Well for me, he still needs to fight Pac for bragging rights and contrariwise, Pac needs to fight Floyd. I need to see them in action and battle for that #1 P4P spot in the sport. Right now, I think neither of them is the true P4P King. It needs to be settled and it's the only way. And in my opinion, it's very important for both to face each other to solidify their greatness. It's good for them. But really I just wanna see boxing at its exceedingly best once and for all.
It's pretty much a game of Chicken at this point.

Floyd doesn't need/desire a media-driven P4P crowning. The only real reason for PBF to get in the ring with Pac is for the overall good of the sport...which to me he doesn't seem to care about. He cares about his spotless W/L record over the state of the sport.

If both these fighters were about 5 years younger...I think the P4P title would mean more IMO. But not at this point.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #595
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
It's pretty much a game of Chicken at this point.

Floyd doesn't need/desire a media-driven P4P crowning. The only real reason for PBF to get in the ring with Pac is for the overall good of the sport...which to me he doesn't seem to care about. He cares about his spotless W/L record over the state of the sport.

If both these fighters were about 5 years younger...I think the P4P title would mean more IMO. But not at this point.
The biggest reason it won't happen is Arum vs Mayweather.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #596
MVP

OVR: 24

Name a fighter that has done for boxing than Floyd. He has it in the limelight, he has it in movie theatres for $20 a pop, he has drug testing increased, he is in every media outlet, he gave us Hbo 24/7. Folks no fighter has done more for the sport in a long time.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #597
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

This is a fight that will never happen. Money makes to much and doesn't want to split the earnings 50/50. He is a money machine that has total control of the revenue.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #598

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex
Name a fighter that has done for boxing than Floyd. He has it in the limelight, he has it in movie theatres for $20 a pop, he has drug testing increased, he is in every media outlet, he gave us Hbo 24/7. Folks no fighter has done more for the sport in a long time.

I used to disagree but the guy continues to dominate. People try and make him illegitimate because they want to see him lose. I just want to see what he can do against Manny's speed. Mayweather is so elusive but I want to see how he does against Manny and his ability to throw such quick flurries.

I really question if Mayweather can deny that for a full fight.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #599
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex
He's not doing all that for the sake of the sport. He's doing all that for his pockets.

PBF is driven by the dollar bill. Any light that it shines on the overall sport is a distant second in his mind.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #600
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
He's not doing all that for the sake of the sport. He's doing all that for his pockets.

PBF is driven by the dollar bill. Any light that it shines on the overall sport is a distant second in his mind.
And the sport is driven by the dollar bill..

Everyone is in it to make money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jukeman; 05-08-2012 at 12:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »