Home

Georgia to buy out home and home series with Louisville

This is a discussion on Georgia to buy out home and home series with Louisville within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #9
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Georgia to buy out home and home series with Louisville

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisejames
Well that's cool. I guess we won't be playing Hawaii next year then. And see, the UGA BSU game will be one of those sponsored kick off games, not a home and home. Looks like another "neutral site" game for Boise State. Vs Georgia in Atlanta.
Inocrrect, you guys aren't playing Ole Miss. You'll play them in 2014 in Atlanta. Georgia and Boise won't meet in 2012 as of yet. Georgia's only said it won't play a BCS conference team with the open spot.

Link

Last edited by TracerBullet; 11-19-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #10
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah i don't like this whole buying out thing that's been going on, but imo this was a deal Boise or UGA just couldn't pass up.

I said it another thread, but I really want to see a Boise St/LSU game as long as Miles is still the coach cause that would be must see TV imo
Old 11-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

The Ville gets 600K to not play Georgia, and now gets to play a slightly more winnable game against North Carolina. Georgia doesn't have to pay the 600K to Louisville, ESPN and Chick-fil-A are writing that. Boise gets 1.1M for this game and 1.4 for Mississippi in 2014 and gets a 'neutral' field. BYU has had a hard time filling 12 games in such a short amount of time, they get another game, and Mississippi was trying to get out of the Boise State game anyway and are paying BYU 900K for the one game series.

Sounds good to me all around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The truth is that its already happened.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post...uisville-slate

Louisville will now play North Carolina.

I hope Boise whips the **** out of Georgia.
At you get to BEAT THE HELL OUT OF CAROLINA!!! (hopefully)
Old 11-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
The Ville gets 600K to not play Georgia, and now gets to play a slightly more winnable game against North Carolina. Georgia doesn't have to pay the 600K to Louisville, ESPN and Chick-fil-A are writing that. Boise gets 1.1M for this game and 1.4 for Mississippi in 2014 and gets a 'neutral' field. BYU has had a hard time filling 12 games in such a short amount of time, they get another game, and Mississippi was trying to get out of the Boise State game anyway and are paying BYU 900K for the one game series.

I don't care about the 600K and yes its nice to get to North Carolina again in a series, but UofL fans have been looking foward to this series since 2005 when it was agreed to. It sucks, it absolutely sucks, that we waited this long only to have Georgia back out at the "last minute".

Only good thing is that Jurich told Georgia to stuff it when they wanted us to agree to cancel it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #14
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
Inocrrect, you guys aren't playing Ole Miss. You'll play them in 2014 in Atlanta. Georgia and Boise won't meet in 2012 as of yet. Georgia's only said it won't play a BCS conference team with the open spot.

Link
Nice. I'm glad we kept the Ole Miss game too, even if it is three years late, and I'm glad we'll be able to schedule our rivals. We had Tulsa and (i think) toledo scheduled in 2011 before all the conference changes. I wonder what's happening with that.
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Old 11-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #15
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich

I never heard this. Do you know why?

Well we're getting a lot more big games. Now if only we can get one on The Blue!
MLB: SEA
EFL: BHA
MLS: POR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 13

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Georgia had started to venture outside the South for more road games and while LVille is in the South atleast it was a BCS program on an upswing at their crib.

Now we get Georgia vs. Boise, a much better team, but in a defacto home game for the Dawgs.

Not changing sig until Florida gets their 2nd road win outside the South since 1965 (first was Rutgers in 1986) 9/28/10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »