Home

College Football Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Football Off Topic within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-03-2022, 07:49 PM   #8841
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: College Football Off Topic

Not sure how you can look at the garbage semi-final games we get each year and say we need more of those.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2022, 08:54 PM   #8842
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Not sure how you can look at the garbage semi-final games we get each year and say we need more of those.

This time we may get a hotter team. Not sure it will change anything with the top 4 teams but at least they will have to beat another team to face the top 4 teams.

Old 09-04-2022, 06:41 AM   #8843
Just started!

OVR: 0

I bet on App State and East Carolina winning yesterday. Needless to say I think I lost five years of my life watching the end of those games yesterday!
Old 09-07-2022, 03:34 PM   #8844
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-w...jordan-wright/

Kentucky is waiting on the NCAA to clear both Chris Rodriguez and Jordan Wright. Rodriguez's Week 1 suspension was for his DUI. This is an entirely separate issue (and if you go into the comments section, you'll get the rumors of the matter).

Quote:
Matt Jones shared Wednesday morning on Kentucky Sports Radio that Chris Rodriguez and Jordan Wright‘s availability is not up to the University of Kentucky, rather than NCAA.

“I am told it is the NCAA (causing the hold up). That UK is basically waiting to hear (from the NCAA),” Jones said. “They thought they would hear yesterday and they have not yet. So this is not a UK delay. It is an NCAA delay.”

He continued. “The working assumption right now is still the same as what it was a few weeks ago. There is still hope Jordan Wright will play this week. Even though; they didn’t put him on the depth chart because they don’t know. But there is hope he will play this week. Rodriguez the thought is still three to four games (until he can return).”

Kentucky could receive a determination on outside linebacker Jordan Wright’s status before the Cats take the field against his home state school, Florida. For running back Chris Rodriguez, his timetable to return remains unclear.

“I still think in the end the most likely scenario is he plays after the Northern Illinois game,” said Jones.

Kentucky anticipated a decision from the NCAA on Tuesday. That did not happen. For now, the Kentucky football program is still in limbo as two of its stars remain sidelined.
Old 09-07-2022, 08:25 PM   #8845
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

poor Brian Kelly, folks showing up 3 minutes earlylate to his presser yesterday. lols at the reporter that zingered him with quick wits when Kelly told the reporter he was fining her $10 for the tardiness. reporter then replied maybe if he won she wouldn't be late.

I fear Chip Kelly would better fit into the sec than Brian.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 01:17 PM   #8846
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Ehh, Kelly was clearly joking in the clip, he just doesn't deliver jokes very well, but if you're familiar with him it was obviously a joke. The reporter was pretty unprofessional with her response, but it's not a big deal on either side.

Kelly is a douche and got a kid killed, but he is a good football coach. Orgeron left him a mess, but I think Kelly will be fine longterm. He's one of the best coaches in the game right now and being a "culture fit" is so overblown.

― Plato
Old 09-08-2022, 02:11 PM   #8847
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

NCAA has cleared Kentucky LB Jordan Wright for competition effective immediately. Definitely helps our defense out as we are going to need it Saturday against Florida.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:31 AM   #8848
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

After what we saw the first two weeks, the first few weeks this is starting to remind me of college basketball with the 1 and done rule. I don't think it will last all season, but I think we're going to see some more mid-major upsets from cohesive teams that have been together against a lot of the P5 schools building every year through the transfer portal.

Kind of an interesting twist I hadn't thought of.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »