Home

Gamestop says July 4th

This is a discussion on Gamestop says July 4th within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2006, 11:14 PM   #81
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Gamestop says July 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holic
The game could very well be shipped to retailers on the 5th. He's not saying it's being released then. Stores had the DS's in almost 2 weeks in advance. When looking for the DS early at Target, the guy there told me they would be getting NCAA in about 2 weeks early and wouldn't be able to sale. So it's possible some stores will have it early. And I'm sure someone will break street date.
True,I wasn't even looking to buy a DS and saw one at FRYE's,It confused me a week later when I was looking in the newspaper and Best Buy had the DS coming July 11th(i believe that was the date),and I was thinking I saw it for sale(actual packages)a week ago.So hopefully some of us(mainly me) will get it early.*crosses fingers*

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2006, 11:36 PM   #82
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbh33
You are positivley WRONG on this matter. Period.

Wanna bet paychecks on it?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:46 PM   #83
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holic
The game could very well be shipped to retailers on the 5th. He's not saying it's being released then. Stores had the DS's in almost 2 weeks in advance. When looking for the DS early at Target, the guy there told me they would be getting NCAA in about 2 weeks early and wouldn't be able to sale. So it's possible some stores will have it early. And I'm sure someone will break street date.
I am not saying some retailers wont get it then. I also never said that last year, even though a street date had been placed that stores would not break it. All I am saying about this year is that Gamestop/EB wont get NCAA on the 5th. The only way Gamestop/EB would get it that day is if EA pushes up the street date. Chances of that are slim to none. But as far as the two who doubt me so much, I really could care less. I am now leaving this thread since I have nothing to prove.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:48 PM   #84
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
I am not saying some retailers wont get it then. I also never said that last year, even though a street date had been placed that stores would not break it. All I am saying about this year is that Gamestop/EB wont get NCAA on the 5th. The only way Gamestop/EB would get it that day is if EA pushes up the street date. Chances of that are slim to none. But as far as the two who doubt me so much, I really could care less. I am now leaving this thread since I have nothing to prove.
i trust in kodiak!
Old 06-26-2006, 12:39 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 3

For those that live in So fla, I picked up 10 copies of NCAA 2006 at he Toys r us in Hialeah last year a week before the game was released....I will be going back there again a week early!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2006, 01:35 AM   #86
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6
Exclamation Re: Gamestop says July 4th

Why in the world does this thread exist?

Mods need to delete this bologna asap.

I don't care what Jo-Shmo from an Idaho Gamestop says, and I don't believe this game will be shipped on a National Holiday.

Seriously, stop kidding yourself.

Thank God with the 360 this year, We all can tell if a person has the game or not from their gamer profile. That will help all the naysayers. No more photoshoped pics of guys with their box in hand.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:02 AM   #87
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps22
I work at Gamestop, we are getting it on July 4th.
..and selling it on the 18th.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:58 AM   #88
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

It really doesn't matter when EB/Gamestop get the game, because it won't be sold until the 18th. I don't know why everyone is fighting and bickering and making a big deal about when a game is shipping. It cannot be sold until the 18th and I doubt that EA will push up the street date.

And its rare for EB/Gamestop to have games come in 2 weeks before the street date. 1 week is the earliest that I have ever seen a game or system arrive in store before its release date. Its usually 3 or 4 days in advance.

The reasoning is that the risk of breaking the street date goes up with the longer a store has to hold onto the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-26-2006 at 09:04 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »