Home

Gamestop says July 4th

This is a discussion on Gamestop says July 4th within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2006, 09:19 AM   #113
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Gamestop says July 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I am not saying that no store will break the street date, because like you said it happens every year.

I am saying that I doubt Wal-Mart or Target will because they are actually taking pre-orders for NCAA this year, as well as Madden.

My bet would now be on CompUSA because they are notorious for breaking street dates. FYE and Circuit City are two other stores that come to mind.
Two words man: Sam Goody! Goody got it! is our battlecry this year!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-27-2006, 09:34 AM   #114
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
never thought about them. I'll have to check them out next week.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-27-2006, 11:51 AM   #115
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm just really pumped for this game. I wish I had a car so that I could hunt around the suburbs of Boston for it. Damn you, MBTA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #116
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsguy
It's great to see a thread about this considering it's been the case with NCAA football for years now. Since I can remember the NCAA series ships long before it's street date and it's a mad dash to see which store breaks the date (which many do each year). The key is to come to the forums and post where the games are being sold early. Last year I remember it was FYE here in Miami, the year before I believe Targets across the country were selling the game early.
I will be checking this thread and the forums daily in the comming days.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #117
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcabone
If Ncaa does come out on July 18th,I hope the confusion about it coming out earlier doesn't reach EA's headquarters and they send out another memo warning stores not to break the street date.
I promise you, the game stores already have emails from EA stating what the street date is. We used to get them when I manged one of these stores from our corporate office It basically would say Madden (insert year) should be arriving in our stores on (insert date). Please store your copies in the back and continue to take reserves until the day prior to the street date (insert date)
Old 06-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #118
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I promise you, the game stores already have emails from EA stating what the street date is. We used to get them when I manged one of these stores from our corporate office It basically would say Madden (insert year) should be arriving in our stores on (insert date). Please store your copies in the back and continue to take reserves until the day prior to the street date (insert date)
You are correct except you are missing a line.

"Anyone who fails to cooperate and breaks the street date will be subject to disciplinary actions up to and including termination."

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-27-2006, 01:17 PM   #119
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Im not sure if this is old or not but I just got my issue of Game Infomer and it says the release is July 4th..I hope this is true bc im itching to get a new game!!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:50 PM   #120
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I got mine at Sam Goody the Saturday before it was released. They had just got a few copies in. We no longer have a Sam Goody though...

Honestly, if someone like in Dallas or Austin area got the game and would pick me up one..I think I would drive there and take that person to eat ..lol

The game is crack and is our Christmas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »