Home

Gamestop says July 4th

This is a discussion on Gamestop says July 4th within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2006, 02:26 PM   #121
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Gamestop says July 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You are correct except you are missing a line.

"Anyone who fails to cooperate and breaks the street date will be subject to disciplinary actions up to and including termination."
I have to admit though, I would take my copy home and play with it, then when the street date came I just had someone ring me up for it ... man those were the good ole days lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #122
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I promise you, the game stores already have emails from EA stating what the street date is. We used to get them when I manged one of these stores from our corporate office It basically would say Madden (insert year) should be arriving in our stores on (insert date). Please store your copies in the back and continue to take reserves until the day prior to the street date (insert date)

I worked in a department store, those mailings make nice drink coasters for the cashiers who work there. Seriously that's what 99% of them used them for, never bothered to read them even once. We used to get things like that all the time from Nintendo about Mario games and there was only me and one other lady who even read the flyers. These people make minimum wage, they don't give a rats @ss about store liability and none of them ever believe it's enough they'd get fired for.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-27-2006, 02:45 PM   #123
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I worked in a department store, those mailings make nice drink coasters for the cashiers who work there. Seriously that's what 99% of them used them for, never bothered to read them even once. We used to get things like that all the time from Nintendo about Mario games and there was only me and one other lady who even read the flyers. These people make minimum wage, they don't give a rats @ss about store liability and none of them ever believe it's enough they'd get fired for.
Yeah well its a little different when you work for a game store. I think me and Countryboy can attest to that.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #124
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Yeah well its a little different when you work for a game store. I think me and Countryboy can attest to that.
And that's a reason why everyone will be at CompUSA, Circuit City, etc., instead of Gamestop, on July 5th.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:15 PM   #125
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
that's why the best place to score it is the department store. that's my point.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2006, 04:37 PM   #126
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

What do you guys say when you go to a Walmart or Target on say the 11th to get the game? I mean, i am assuming that they don't have it in the cases, so do you just ask them to look in the back room for it or something?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:40 PM   #127
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG
What do you guys say when you go to a Walmart or Target on say the 11th to get the game? I mean, i am assuming that they don't have it in the cases, so do you just ask them to look in the back room for it or something?
Wondering that myself.....
Old 06-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #128
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG
i just say "hey i'm looking for ncaa 07 for ps2, but i don't see it out" then they go "i don't think it's out yet" and i say "oh yeah, it is, my brother in law got it at (some city far away but not too far away) so it's out, could you check the back?" and then they go and get it and sell it to you.

the whole thing about the "my brother in law got it" is a) to let them know "hey it's ok, you can sell me this game as it's already out" and the whole point of b) far away is you don't want to have to drive to get it and c) not too far away or he/she may not sell it because they think you're just making it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »