Home

Gamestop says July 4th

This is a discussion on Gamestop says July 4th within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #129
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Gamestop says July 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
i just say "hey i'm looking for ncaa 07 for ps2, but i don't see it out" then they go "i don't think it's out yet" and i say "oh yeah, it is, my brother in law got it at (some city far away but not too far away) so it's out, could you check the back?" and then they go and get it and sell it to you.

the whole thing about the "my brother in law got it" is a) to let them know "hey it's ok, you can sell me this game as it's already out" and the whole point of b) far away is you don't want to have to drive to get it and c) not too far away or he/she may not sell it because they think you're just making it up.
Good gameplan. Also, try to find someone who is too lazy to check and see if the game is really out, but not so lazy that they won't bother looking in the back.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:06 PM   #130
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
i just say "hey i'm looking for ncaa 07 for ps2, but i don't see it out" then they go "i don't think it's out yet" and i say "oh yeah, it is, my brother in law got it at (some city far away but not too far away) so it's out, could you check the back?" and then they go and get it and sell it to you.

the whole thing about the "my brother in law got it" is a) to let them know "hey it's ok, you can sell me this game as it's already out" and the whole point of b) far away is you don't want to have to drive to get it and c) not too far away or he/she may not sell it because they think you're just making it up.
thanks for the tip!! im going to be heading out next week to all the compusa's, targets, toysrus, fye, etc.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:08 PM   #131
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Its so crazy that it just might work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2006, 08:30 PM   #132
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
Its so crazy that it just might work.
Yeah it does work cuz it's my M.O. - Also one thing, if you get it in your hands, under no circumstances do you give it back to an employee if there is doubt about whether they can sell it to you. I got Xbox Live a week early at Walmart and the cashier kept saying she couldn't sell it because the register said it wasn't allowed and asked me to give it back to her because she wanted to put it back in the back with the others (they cleared the shelves while I waited for a verdict).

I calmly but sternly told her I was going to purchase it and for her to call a manager if necessary. So she did and came back and said "My manager said we can't sell and i'll need to get that back". I said "call her and tell her to figure out a way to input it into the register because the law is if it's on the shelves with a price on it you have to honor the price". I didn't get nasty or mean or nothing, I was just, as I like to say "annoyingly consistent, persistent and adamant".

So she calls her manager again, her manager relents and tells her how to put it in as a generic item and on the receipt write XBox Live out using the numeric computer keypad. So she follows the instructions and I pay and walk out, a member of Xbox Live about 7 or 8 days before it goes on sale to the general public.

The irony though was that even though I got Xbox Live earlier than the general public my nick ODogg was still taken so I had to go with Catch22. I think it's better anyways though as most people I meet at videogame stores, madden contests, etc find Catch22 easier to remember than ODogg.

So remember, be "annoyingly consistent, persistent and adamant" and do NOT under any circumstances get rude or mean to the cashier. If you can just get them to want to HELP GET YOU OUT OF THERE then they'll do what it takes. If you make them mad or antagonize then their goal will be to HELP GET YOU OUT OF THERE AND RUIN YOUR DAY by not selling you whatever you want. Keep those things in mind and it's a recipe for early NCAA 07 success!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-27-2006, 11:42 PM   #133
H*rt M*n! L*c*l S*p*rh*r*

bryan_05's Arena

OVR: 18

Go to Target with their DCPI # and ask if its in stock, its how I got the DS Lite early.

Fins Up!

GO CUBS GO!

Purple Aces, Cubs, Seminoles!
Old 06-28-2006, 12:17 AM   #134
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

I got mine from FYE last year early - July 2nd or 3rd I think. Bought 2 PS2's and an XBox. The key is don't call just go into the FYE's, Sam Goody's, Targets, Walmarts etc etc that dont specialize in games and street dates and find an employee who isnt a manager and usually you are good to go. Done it more than just last year too...
Old 06-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #135
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
I got mine from FYE last year early - July 2nd or 3rd I think. Bought 2 PS2's and an XBox. The key is don't call just go into the FYE's, Sam Goody's, Targets, Walmarts etc etc that dont specialize in games and street dates and find an employee who isnt a manager and usually you are good to go. Done it more than just last year too...
I got mine early from CompUSA last year, about a week or so early. I just called and asked if they had it and some guy said they did so I asked him if he could reserve it under my name and I went and picked it up and had no problems at the register.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #136
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

So lets say i go to a walmart or a target, do i ask the guy who works in the electronics department? Or does he/she know too much and probably won't sell to me?

Because if I ask somebody else on the floor, they will probably just direct me to the electronics deptarment guy right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »