Home

Gamestop says July 4th

This is a discussion on Gamestop says July 4th within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #89
Rookie

aps22's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Gamestop says July 4th

Last year NCAA was in stores 1-2 weeks early and the street date was broken very quickly.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:57 AM   #90
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Again, like that guy said, the game won't be sold until the 18th for 99.9% of us. CompUSA may let one of us get lucky though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbh33
my bad on the triple post, was not intended. BTW Iowa is a HAWKEYE STATE.
Oh, really? Haven't noticed through ISU's very positive record against Iowa recently in all sports.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:06 PM   #91
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps22
Last year NCAA was in stores 1-2 weeks early and the street date was broken very quickly.

Yes street dates get broken. Not often. So here is the deal..you will have to FIND a store that has broken the street date first off. I guess if you have some free time you can go galavanting around your city hitting up every store that will be selling it to see if anyone broke the street date.

The ONLY time you will ever see a place like EB or Gamestop break a street date..some conditions have to be met.

1. A competing store has to have broken it first.

2. The store has to be within a certain distance from the EB/Gamestop.

3. Its still at the discretion of EB/Gamestop's district manager to allow them to break it as well if 1 and 2 are met. They will petty cash out some money, go to the competitor that broke the street date, buy a copy there and keep the receipt. This is to keep that particular store in the clear and EB/Gamestop as a company in the clear with EA. Usually companies who have games with street dates like EA does will tell Gamestop they can break the date ONLY if another competiing store has done it in the immediate area. EB/Gamestop keeps the receipt from the other store cuz there is a time/date stamp on it. You can show EA if need be that the other company is the one who broke the date because u cant sell yours until they break thier date. So when you do start selling all of your recorded transactions of Madden or NCAA or whatever game will have time and date stamps that are AFTER the one on the receipt from the competitor.

Its been a LOONG time since I managed a gamestop (actually it was babbages back then) but then, that was the company policy on street dates.

But even if thats still the policy, just your boy in San Fransico calls you and tells you Wal Mart is selling it today doesnt mean you can go to your EB/Gamestop in your town 500 miles away and pick one up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2006, 02:38 PM   #92
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
It really doesn't matter when EB/Gamestop get the game, because it won't be sold until the 18th. I don't know why everyone is fighting and bickering and making a big deal about when a game is shipping. It cannot be sold until the 18th and I doubt that EA will push up the street date.

And its rare for EB/Gamestop to have games come in 2 weeks before the street date. 1 week is the earliest that I have ever seen a game or system arrive in store before its release date. Its usually 3 or 4 days in advance.

The reasoning is that the risk of breaking the street date goes up with the longer a store has to hold onto the game.

My gripe is the fact that stores will have it roughly two weeks before the street date. EA should then alow stores to sell it if everyone has it.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #93
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
My gripe is the fact that stores will have it roughly two weeks before the street date. EA should then alow stores to sell it if everyone has it.
Is it really that big of a deal? Just relax and be patient. You'll get the game soon enough

Old 06-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #94
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Let the games begin!

And by that I mean finding the game is a game in itself..bwahah

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 06-26-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #95
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
Is it really that big of a deal? Just relax and be patient. You'll get the game soon enough
It is. After seeing the videos I want this game NOW!!!!! JK
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2006, 03:00 PM   #96
Rookie

buckeye726's Arena

OVR: 2

i found it at a CompUSA in Columbus, OH. last year a few weeks before it was released. I figure I'll give it a go at that chain and if no dice then obviously kick back and relax until the 18th

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »