Home

NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #97
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview

That preview has me really pumped. If Miami's team entrance is in the game, then this game is a midnight buy for me. Everything sounds awesome from the reduction of suction animations to the presentation. From the gameplay videos we've seen, all but one have impressed me. And in my life, Majority rules, well most the time...

― Plato
Old 04-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #98
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by scolton
I have just one concern... the lack of reporting little to nothing negative makes me wonder if you just didn't have enough time to really play the game... after going through the past few games and getting hyped and burned each time it's hard for me to believe that this year is going to be much better. But what you said about the way the game "feels" makes me hopeful.
This \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
Some of you need to realize that previews are almost always optimistic. It's not because they've been bought off by EA or some other crazy conspiracy, it's because they get to see a lot of the good, new stuff, and they usually refrain from mentioning many of the issues because there's a chance they may be resolved before release.

Previews are meant to highlight the new additions and give a general feeling about the direction of the game, not be an extensive breakdown of all the pros and cons they've seen in an unfinished build.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 12

Everything sounded very good in the preview, which kinda sparks something on the " too good to be true" meter.

Only thing that concerns me is that every year the OS contributers or whoever that gets a chance to post a preview...ALWAYS comes out very positive and optomistic. As we all know, things just go downhill from there.

I am a very cautious-optomistic at the current time, but if the past 5 years tells us anything, its that even the OS preview people arent as unbiased and they would have you think.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 13

Well this preview shut me up...I'm actually kind of excited
Old 04-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #101
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
The Little Things

Those obsessed with little details such as helmets, face masks and cleats should love what NCAA 11 brings to the table.

Jersey selection is amazing, and if you are a self-proclaimed jersey freak like myself, then be ready to get excited. The game includes the occasional NCAA-approved throwback jersey, like Oregon’s classic green and yellow combo, and also some alternate jerseys that people are going to be very happy to see (Tennessee’s Halloween black jerseys and Cincy’s white helmets for example). There is also more to this story, but I cannot go into too much more detail here due to an embargo.

One negative, however, is that there will be no bowl patches this year -- Roy has mentioned this is something they will most likely be integrating into NCAA 12 because there were bigger fish to fry this season.

this sounds great, and it sounds like they are waiting to talk about teambuilder which is prob why he can't say more. You wanna bet you can now edit real teams through teambuilder or something like that? They have to have added something to teambuilder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 07:38 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 5

Very nice in-depth write up. I'm a big NCAA guy, but hardly played much of '10. I know we always hear how great the upcoming iteration is about this time of year but so far, this one is truly sounding really good.

My optimism for this game is ramping up.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 0
I HOPE THEY PUT THE FSU CHEIF OSCEOLA PRE GAME INTRANCE ONTO THE GAME
Old 04-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #104
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

This will be my only EA football game for me this year. Madden, unless they get rid of the bordem factor, will not be getting my money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »