Home

NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playbooks

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #33
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playb

One of the things custom playbooks will do for a od commish is allow for a reset of cpu teams playbook. Meaning depending on other options, announcements, and effectiveness of cpu play calling, in particular engage eight blitzes or heavy passing by Army GTech ect.

A commish can create six or more CPU playbooks ie(ultra conservative, balanced, option, spread run and pass, air raid on offense and 3-4, 4-3, 3-3-5, conservative, aggressive, zone blitz, multiD, on defense) and adjust coaching and team sliders. a commish can use an alternate psn/gammer tag and during preseason take control of a number of teams one at a time and make changes then retire that coach once you have adjusted all the teams you want.

changing playbooks and run pass balance and d aggressiveness really helped cpu teams. as well as resetting playbooks every 3 or 4 years to match current team rosters for that year.

It is not ideal to just change a teams philosophies, but if roster management didnt match team playbooks then the best thing to do for cpu teams was to change playbooks to match the team. At least cpu teams tried and were forced to use their best groups of players(wr, duel threat qb's, wr's, ect) do to the playbook emphasis.

by taking out the worst and ineffective plays in the cpu's playbook and giving them more focused playbooks they call better plays and they provide a better challenge.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:05 PM   #34
Rookie

Scarecrow IzA G's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playb

This is awesome.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #35
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6

I dont play online very much but is anyone else concerned this will make the cheesers/glitchers even worse?

I will love it in single player though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #36
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Been out of the loop is there just custom playbooks or is there create a play as well?

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #37
Pro

blakty's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Been out of the loop is there just custom playbooks or is there create a play as well?
Just playbooks for now. This was definitely one of the most demanded features and I'm glad the NCAA team fleshed it out so well. One of my fears was that if added, custom playbooks would be extremely limited in reguards of off./def. styles and number of plays/formations. Imagine my suprise when I heard we get 40 formations per playbook with over 350 plays. The only thing that could make it more perfect is a fully loaded create-a-play.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:42 AM   #38
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Awesomeness.....

I am going to make Michigan, Oregon and Nebraska off the hook. Dynasty once again will be fun. No more stupid play calling by the CPU that is out of character for their personel.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:55 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Awesomeness.....

I am going to make Michigan, Oregon and Nebraska off the hook. Dynasty once again will be fun. No more stupid play calling by the CPU that is out of character for their personel.
How do you figure that? With being able to only having 15 offensive playbooks, you realistically will only be able to change 14 CPU offensive playbooks in dynasty (Considering that you change your own). So out of 100+ teams in NCAA you will only be able to change 1/10 of the teams "play calling".

Granted you will never play all 100+ teams in dynasty and maybe only 20+ regularly, it still leaves a gap where you will be forced to go with EA's default playbook for that team. Unless you can add/delete/change pb's in dynasty mode and re-assign them to new teams.

Now I look forward to this feature and playing with it. Just wish they would have let us create as many as we like and assign them to as many teams as we like.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:54 AM   #40
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. & 15 Def. Playboo

Sounds better than I expected....

Still is 6 years late....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »