Home

NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playbooks

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2011, 06:48 AM   #41
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
How do you figure that? With being able to only having 15 offensive playbooks, you realistically will only be able to change 14 CPU offensive playbooks in dynasty (Considering that you change your own). So out of 100+ teams in NCAA you will only be able to change 1/10 of the teams "play calling".

Granted you will never play all 100+ teams in dynasty and maybe only 20+ regularly, it still leaves a gap where you will be forced to go with EA's default playbook for that team. Unless you can add/delete/change pb's in dynasty mode and re-assign them to new teams.

Now I look forward to this feature and playing with it. Just wish they would have let us create as many as we like and assign them to as many teams as we like.
You could make 5 or 6 good default base playbook like my post suggested.

Think spread option, power run, run n shoot / air raid, pistol ect on offense and the same generic ones on defense. Think zone / zone blitz defense, multple man defense, all 4 down line man or all with 5 dbs a true multiple defense. the key being you could remove the useless 7 and 8 man blitzes and add more logical base plays the cpu can be more successful with.

you could assign the same playbook to 10 or 20 teams. you are not limited to use a playbook only once.

In ncaa 11 in dynasty we went through and took out the spread option teams playboooks since they didnt run them well and gave them all wisc, or mich st, or another run heavy base option playbook.

With 40 formations, that is twice as many formations as the current playbook so diversity would still be better than what was in ncaa 11.

On a side note i guess it has not been determined if you could load these multiple times per dynasty team. I dont see why not. its one file u use multiple times like a teambuilder team in conf play after the user retires.

You use an alternate profile and assign each team with the improved base playbooks then go in and switch teams and change the next team until you retire that profile. when you leave the playbook and coach settings stay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2011, 07:14 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. and 15 Def. Playb

Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
You could make 5 or 6 good default base playbook like my post suggested.

Think spread option, power run, run n shoot / air raid, pistol ect on offense and the same generic ones on defense. Think zone / zone blitz defense, multple man defense, all 4 down line man or all with 5 dbs a true multiple defense. the key being you could remove the useless 7 and 8 man blitzes and add more logical base plays the cpu can be more successful with.

you could assign the same playbook to 10 or 20 teams. you are not limited to use a playbook only once.

In ncaa 11 in dynasty we went through and took out the spread option teams playboooks since they didnt run them well and gave them all wisc, or mich st, or another run heavy base option playbook.

With 40 formations, that is twice as many formations as the current playbook so diversity would still be better than what was in ncaa 11.

On a side note i guess it has not been determined if you could load these multiple times per dynasty team. I dont see why not. its one file u use multiple times like a teambuilder team in conf play after the user retires.

You use an alternate profile and assign each team with the improved base playbooks then go in and switch teams and change the next team until you retire that profile. when you leave the playbook and coach settings stay.
ahh.. thanks... didn't look at it like that... and I was assuming you would only get to assign the pb once
Old 05-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #43
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

I think 40 formations may be a bit much but 377 plays will get eaten up fast by the formations I run. I expect about 20+ plays a formations out of 8 of the ones I pick and about 18 plays out of another 10. My plays will be eaten up quick.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #44
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. & 15 Def. Playboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBravesFan
Can't wait...mix and matching everything...Flexbone, Spread, Pistol, Ace packages...oh yes...
This is the way it should be! I hate when ppl try to limit creativity just to fit into someone elses box.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #45
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks, 40 Total Formations, 15 Off. & 15 Def. Playboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
This is the way it should be! I hate when ppl try to limit creativity just to fit into someone elses box.
Really? i disagree with that. The box i play in is called SIM... and you don't see Texas Tech running the flexbone mixed in with their spread. You don't see Standford running wishbone sets or the Maryland I.

The extra layer needed is "style". You should have to designate a "style" that limits the formations you can choose from... I'm not saying you couldn't have some option stuff in there as a spread team.. but it should be very limited selection.

Again, all my opinion.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #46
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

And you can do that yourself. Other people who want to have some ridiculous offense that ranges from a 5 wide set to the flexbone shouldn't be limited.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:44 AM   #47
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1
WOW!! EA has me seriously excited this year!! Hopefully NCAA 12 gets some of the presentation effects that Madden is recieving.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #48
Rookie

XMr HIT STICKX's Arena

OVR: 2
Here is the difference, custom playbooks is not to define to the style f the school, it's to fully define what YOUR style is, and not anyone else's, so limiting creativity and options would defeat the purpose. I for one loved this feature on the PS2, and I will definitely enjoy creating the Spread Option/Pistol Attack of my dreams, as well is creating the my 3-4/3-3-5 hybrid defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »