Home

New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #81
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

Doesn't bother me one bit. Play all your games you don't need to advance online. It's a new feature for the same price as last year's game. It's like buying an extra option on a car
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
EA doesn't own NCAA football rights, only Madden. There are other football games. Backbreaker, Blitz, not all are new but they are there and could be made. Don't blame EA for making a good game that no one else can compete with. The market is too small for someone to make another NCAA game. I'm not saying you can swap NCAA out for just any game, but you can look for an alternative. I like the Beatles, it is too expensive so I look for something similar, or just try to find something else I like.
EA has name brand recognition due to their early years of game development. The reason others can't compete isn't because of the awesome quality of video game they're putting out these days. That's laughable. They have the money, the promotion and recognition to put others out of business. It's as simple as that. And while that's all fair and good, they've rested on the laurels and put out inferior products consistently to NO advantage to the consumer. It's not illegal, or even unfair for that matter... but it certainly isn't good for us.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #83
Pro

OVR: 6

How much is play now mode gonna cost?

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 2

What people are failing to see, you get a free week to try it out. How about praising EA a little bit for that? How many companies allow you to test drive their DLC before you purchase it? I can't think of any. You get those 7 days to decide if the money for the add on to the game is worth it. It's not the worst thing to happen. All you people that are fed up with this, don't buy the game. Hell people are working on the 2012 rosters for last years game, just keep that and miss out on all the other new features then.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
I read it and I was just saying that the things we are talking about are really ad ons. I didn't think anyone was talking about the DLC from last year, kinda irrelevant to this talk.
And how is it irrelevant? It's almost the exact same situation but with different features...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #86
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ2006
What people are failing to see, you get a free week to try it out. How about praising EA a little bit for that? How many companies allow you to test drive their DLC before you purchase it? I can't think of any. You get those 7 days to decide if the money for the add on to the game is worth it. It's not the worst thing to happen. All you people that are fed up with this, don't buy the game. Hell people are working on the 2012 rosters for last years game, just keep that and miss out on all the other new features then.
Part of it is a marketing tactic, hoping to hook people in that first week, so when the trial runs out they end up buying it.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:42 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
EA doesn't own NCAA football rights, only Madden. There are other football games. Backbreaker, Blitz, not all are new but they are there and could be made. Don't blame EA for making a good game that no one else can compete with. The market is too small for someone to make another NCAA game. I'm not saying you can swap NCAA out for just any game, but you can look for an alternative. I like the Beatles, it is too expensive so I look for something similar, or just try to find something else I like.
Actually they did own exclusive NCAA Football rights up until this year.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #88
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
I haven't read through all 8 pages of this thread... but this is just ridiculous.

I'm tired of these video game companies constantly taking advantage of it's consumers, and EA is the biggest offender. First, with releasing games completely full of bugs since they can just "patch" it later when they feel like it... and now with the trend of charging even more money for "extras" when the games are becoming more inferior than the last.

I've gradually switched away from EA over the past few years without even noticing. Not to take some sort of stand, but apparently just as an unsatisfied customer. I skipped NHL and Madden this year (which I've bought every year since I was a little kid), and went to 2k for the NBA years ago. Even with no alternative, I think I'll probably save the 60+ bucks and skip NCAA this year too.

Good luck in the future, EA.
Name me a NCAA game that didnt' have bugs. you know that at the testing center each year over 500,000 bugs are reported and fixed? this is the same with most games they will have bugs but thank god we can fix them now with updates. so before patches the games were just as bad. i can think of some many issues in old versions that we were stuck with. now we are not. we get tuner packs and patches now and guys are working every day on these for a few months after the release when they used to just move on to the next game. you should be thankfull. in no way is this a bad thing. Tuners and patches are free so they arent taking advantage. NCAA was great last year and will be again so you lose on that one if you don't by. also we are talking bandwith which is not free. so they could just let us have one ONLINE DYNASTY which is enough for most but they give you OPTION to purchase the ability to have more. you don't have to but you can. options are good. games have not inflated in price since this generation came out but everything else we buy has. So be thankful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »