Home

NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #41
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6
Good review. My copy is wrapped and waiting
me to get home and play. I have a feeling I will like the game based off the demo but its Madden that has me worried. Every year I buy it only to return it within a month and stick with NCAA.....we will see.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #42
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
Good review. My copy is wrapped and waiting
me to get home and play. I have a feeling I will like the game based off the demo but its Madden that has me worried. Every year I buy it only to return it within a month and stick with NCAA.....we will see.....
I hear ya! I can't recall ever enjoying playing Madden 11 or 12. At least I have had some fun with NCAA 11 and 12.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:11 PM   #43
Rookie

Sabredj's Arena

OVR: 5
I think the review is fair, especially, considering Chris judged it without sliders (and rightly so). Hopefully sliders and patches can tighten the gameplay to the best game we've had yet this generation. I was hoping for more presentation upgrades but any improvement is welcomed and I've only played the early release so far. It will be interesting to see, as an NCAA guy 1st and Madden guy 2nd, if the acclaimed new bells and whistles will be enough to move it to number 1 and make this game obsolete. Given the issues with editing and dynasty mode in Madden I'll probably still be playing NCAA well into next year.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 10
Will wait for Madden. Thanks OS, great review.....
Old 07-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #45
Rookie

silverfox863's Arena

OVR: 2
Thank you for your well-written review. I have a perspective of not taking video games too seriously. The NCAA Football series has always been more arcade than a realistic sim in terms of gameplay, experiences, lasting appeal, etc. First and foremost, a gamer must truly love the game of college football to enjoy, appreciate, have fun, criticize, and at times, become frustrated with a game's flaws. I love the sport and the teams. I enjoy downloading rosters which are generally accurate with names and attributes. Dynasty is my favorite mode, but I do like Road to Glory and the new Heisman Challenge brings a fun element to this series.

My major plusses for NCAA 13 are it's gameplay, presentation, and lasting appeal. My one significant complaint about NCAA 13 is that EA Sports need to take Teambuilder to a higher level of quality customization, both online at the Teambuilder website and within the game. For examples, more choices for shoes than just black or white. Or the ability to customize a fictional stadium from scratch - such as lights, press boxes, designs, dugouts, steps, scoreboards, etc.

Every year, the game feels mostly like it's previous year's output, with minor and usually, substantive differences. Usually the tweaks in gameplay require an adjustment with sliders. I thought that NCAA 12 was significantly better then Madden NFL 12. NCAA 13, while more like NCAA 12.5, is better than NCAA 12. There's been a lot of media hype about Madden 13's improved features and functions, and we shall see how that pans out. The NFL has a great brand and the Madden series has been a fun way to explore the teams and players.

Again, thank you for your article and I also enjoy reading gamers' comments and perspectives about NCAA Football 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 0
how is the presentation bad? smh
Old 07-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 11
Somewhat off topic, but I have to ask this.....
Does anyone know when the NCAA exclusivity license end?? Was thiking it would be up by now.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #48
Rookie

ccross1530's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 13 Review (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReapa
Somewhat off topic, but I have to ask this.....
Does anyone know when the NCAA exclusivity license end?? Was thiking it would be up by now.
hopefully very soon...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »