Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

from the ea boards ...

=====
UPDATE Oct 19
- Reporting and Cup progress now seem fine, looking at the past 3 days of Club data on 360;
- Still focusing on tracking the lag issue;
- The patch for PS3 and 360 is looking good, tons of fixes going into it (like micro-pausing on PS3 and Career Mode issues on both platforms);
- We are actively working with our partners towards the patch release date; unfortunately this takes some time, as we need to submit the patch through Microsoft and Sony certification; we'll get the patch out as fast as we can!
=====

Are we excited about this news?
Old 10-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural320
I wish the CPU would get a few fouls called on them period! my poor guys are absolutely abused and the ref just stares until I bump someone so he can whistle me. I'd be shielding the ball, and then get steamrolled from behind...should be at least a yellow, right? WRONG! it is a no-call...and that is pretty much bugging the hell out of me. that and my guys NOT going on runs and killing any chance of build up. and when I hit L1 to manually send them, they usually go in the wrong direction and not into the WIDE OPEN space in front of them.

~siiigh~

fortunately, these issues have not been enough for me remove the disc from my ps3 since launch
Fouls have been pretty even-Steven for me lately. Part of it is just being able to lure the CPU into a foul using skill moves. Often times when I'm shielding the ball, I'll make a slight move as soon as I see a defender barreling down on me and will get the foul call every time.

As for teammates making runs, a lot of it for me was just getting a better understanding of my formation and where my teammates like to be. This game favors understanding of positional play like crazy. Even if your team tactic is set to freeform organization, your player match rating takes a massive hit if you spend too much time out of position. Seems like a lot of the fundamentals in this game are really pulled from how Be A Pro stuff is put together (i.e., rewarding good positioning).

I've already been through one love/hate cycle with this game, but am back to love (minus the tackling issue) now that I'm getting a better handle on a few things.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
What difficulty and speed are you playing on?
Im on Semi Pro with all the gamepad aids switched to manual

I have the game speed set to SLOW
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 05:07 PM   #36
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Im on Semi Pro with all the gamepad aids switched to manual

I have the game speed set to SLOW
I play on Pro with manual controls and slow speed and notice that the CPU does pass the ball back and build up an attack, however it is not as frequent as forced attacks. I have heard that this improves with World Class, but i struggle with Pro already so I dont think Ill be moving to World Class anytime soon.

I would try Pro and see how that works.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:09 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
from the ea boards ...

=====
UPDATE Oct 19
- Reporting and Cup progress now seem fine, looking at the past 3 days of Club data on 360;
- The patch for PS3 and 360 is looking good, tons of fixes going into it (like micro-pausing on PS3 and Career Mode issues on both platforms);
- We are actively working with our partners towards the patch release date; unfortunately this takes some time, as we need to submit the patch through Microsoft and Sony certification; we'll get the patch out as fast as we can!
=====

Not particularly. It doesn't even say that they've submitted the patch yet, it says that they have to. They could still be a bit from doing that. After that, wer'e looking at, what, 7-14 days? Better than nothing, but not thrilling.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #38
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
from the ea boards ...

=====
UPDATE Oct 19
=====

Not excited. I want a much larger list of things that have been fixed. As in, everything. I don't want them to say, "we fixed a bunch" and then have us try and find if they did or not.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #39
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Just because there is no full listing of items does not mean its been overlooked. I am sure they will post up the full list of patched items when the time is right (date/time for release), as they always do.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 8

The only real big problem I have with this game is that the CPU is just "surgical" with all there tackles. You can get flattened and there is no call but yet if your player "steps" on a CPU player it's an automatic foul.

It just doesn't make sense how the CPU can get away with everything and as a player you get called for everything.

Also another problem I have which perhaps is somewhat a result of how I play is a player gets almost no time on the ball without having 2 or 3 CPU players pressing them almost instantaneously. Now maybe that is because I am playing on WC.

If those things get fixed this game would be about as perfect a soccer game as you could hope to get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »