Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

I am in my 3rd year of my manager mode and I would have no problem restarting if the cup draws, player progression, and selling of my players were all fixed in the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't know that I'll be touching this game again until they fix the fundamental flow of the game. The CPU NEVER passes the ball back to set up their offensive attack. No matter the position you have your defenders in, the CPU manages to find the 'perfect' pass to get the ball forward every single time. It's become boring and predictable for me. What's strange is I don't remember WC2010 playing this way at all. I played that game non-stop over the summer and loved it. I'm hoping this patch we're all waiting for does something to address the one-way traffic that is all too apparent in FIFA 11, even more-so than years past in my opinion. Eagerly awaiting seeing 'the list.'
Old 11-09-2010, 05:17 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 4

Will they bother fixing the commentary? Jeff MacPherson said on the EA forums almost a year ago that they were considering releasing a patch to fix the commentary bugs in Fifa 10 but that was never released. Now that Fifa 11 is out, it's still as buggy as ever.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 8

Check out this thread ...

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/53503.page

This seems to imply that the LIST (not the patch) will be out in "mid-November".

And then the actual patch will be out even later than that.

How is this possible?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #69
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Check out this thread ...

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/53503.page

This seems to imply that the LIST (not the patch) will be out in "mid-November".

And then the actual patch will be out even later than that.

How is this possible?
First, they aren't going to list patch details until the patch is submitted and final. I'm sure EA has learned in the past not to do that...it only causes problems.

Second, that would seem to imply the patch would be coming shortly after.

When will people understand that patching something isn't as easy as waving a wand. Even if you've programmed, you probably haven't programmed something on the level of something like this and squashing bugs in programming is no simple task most times.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #70
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

I'll hope for a patch, but if anyone honestly thinks that a patch is going to make this game more like PES or whatever they consider "sim" than what it is now, you're kidding yourself. Yes, we've seen some games, (like EA's NHL) make pretty drastic gameplay changes with a mid-season patch or tuner set, but that is the exception. The complaints that people have about FIFA 11 are pretty deeply ingrained in the culture of the game. It's a game where you're meant to steal the ball back and forth in the midfield, have wild and constant changes in possession, and then see all the passing lanes clog up in the final third, which keeps the scores from becoming absurd.

It's amazing to me that I seem to get more satisfaction out of playing PES 11, even though I'm well aware of how broken it is from a technical/A.I. standpoint. How is it that a game (PES) where players are on rails like FIFA used to be 6 years ago and A.I. teammates exhibit virtually zero awareness of the ball could be more realistic than FIFA? The fundamental difference between the two games is that you can operate in traffic in PES, whereas in FIFA it's a game of frightened keep-away. I don't know how you change that in a patch without messing up all of the other balance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »