Home

FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #449
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth

It looks like everyone's favorite youth development genius has just discovered a a massive breakthrough.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #450
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm definitely going to try this out with a 16 year old youth squad player I've been waiting to call up. I used the 'Scout A Future Star' thing from the EASFC and I was going to call him up when he hit 17, but now I'm going to do it early to hopefully give this method a try for the next transfer window in January.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #451
Just started!

Having just purchased Fifa I have found this thread a goldmine of information. More worryingly I've also developed an unhealthy obsession with player growth. I've found myself going to bed thinking of the deals I'm going to do, the lineups and rotations I will adapt to share playing time, and how I'm going to utilise the youths without the detriment to my results. I even found myself making notes in a notepad and asking my wife her opinion towards me risking my 70 ovr 17 yo "potential to be special" keeper in a game against Bolton just to get him experience. I even got very upset when I read that career mode is only 15 seasons - I wanted my empire to grow forever!

So thank you to all who have posted in this thread. Your knowledge is a pure treasure trove.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #452
Banned

I wasn't doing this before with the Real Madrid team. But, I've started playing youth players very young, then loaning them out after they've developed the 1st 2 months of the year then, immediately call them call back. I had a striker who kept going up 5 points in the 1st 4 months of the season, then no more. Year after year. I loaned him out 1 year and got a total of 7 points of growth in that single year.

So, though I'm still working on how to replicate the Real Madrid team (I've had MANY teams of stud youths, but each has gone very differently), I figured I could at least share the loaning concept.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:39 AM   #453
Banned

Here's a crucial note I thought I'd shared with the community. I posted a player a few months back that had reached a rating of 96 OVR at age 26, and didn't appear finished progressing. Here's the thing, ALL players have a 6 point potential range. So... when I got him and his potential read 91-94, given that the highest potential value the game shows for whatever reason is 94, that really means 91-97. That's good to keep in mind when deciding what "Has Potential To Be Special" players to play because a guy who reaches 95+ will be able to do ANYTHING a guy of a different initial style of play would be able to do.

ALSO, work rate doesn't mean they won't play offense or defense. From what I have gathered, work rate details how far outside of their position's zone a player will go and how often, and how active they are within their zone. That's it. Check their graphs during the game and you'll see what I'm talking about. Studied this for months, then it just clicked a few days ago.

Also, as I touched on in the previous post, I'd also forgot to mention 1 of the ways I'd long been referring to about possibly getting faster growth was to loan players out then immediately bring them back thus restarting their growth and removing the yearly progression limit on player's ratings. From what I can tell players <60 limit was +8, <70 was +7, <80 was +6, <90 was +5, and more often than not players would come up a point under those maxes. Well, with loaning them out they progress +2 [ex: 80 (+2)], then loan and come back and start over with their progression [ex cont'd: 83 (+3)], etc.

Below are the ratings for a 91-94 (really 97) potential LW I brought up from the youth academy a few days ago and have been using the loan out method on:

Juan Marcos
6'0
156 lbs
Spain
LW
Left (foot)
High (Att Rate)
Low (Def Rate)
3* (Weak Foot)
4* (Skill Moves)

End of Year Ratings:
65 OVR - Out of Youth Academy
73 OVR - End of 16 year old season
79 OVR - End of 17 year old season
85 OVR - End of 18 year old season
90 OVR - End of 19 year old season
93 OVR - End of 20 year old season
95 OVR - End of 21 year old season
96 OVR - End of 22 year old season
96 OVR - End of 23 year old season
97 OVR - End of 24 year old season

Last edited by Tony Aaron II; 06-25-2013 at 02:44 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:06 AM   #454
Just started!

A question:
I had a youth player whose potential read 85-94. When I promoted him to the pro team, surprise! He's not a "good potential", nor a "exciting talent", nor a "potential to be special" player. He's just a "in the team since 2015" player. Does this mean that his youth potential was wrong? Should I get rid of him or wait longer?
Old 05-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #455
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Aaron II
Here's a crucial note I thought I'd shared with the community. I posted a player a few months back that had reached a rating of 96 OVR at age 26, and didn't appear finished progressing. Here's the thing, ALL players have a 6 point potential range. So... when I got him and his potential read 91-94, given that the highest potential value the game shows for whatever reason is 94, that really means 91-97. That's good to keep in mind when deciding what "Has Potential To Be Special" players to play because a guy who reaches 95+ will be able to do ANYTHING a guy of a different initial style of play world be able to do.

ALSO, work rate doesn't mean they won't play offense or defense. From what I have gathered, work rate details how far outside of their position's zone a player will go and how often. That's it. Check their graphs during the game and you'll see what I'm talking about. Studied this for months, then it just clicked a few days ago.

Also, as I touched on in the previous post, I'd also forgot to mention 1 of the ways I'd long been referring to about possibly getting faster growth was to loan players out then immediately bring them back thus restarting their growth and removing the yearly progression limit on player's ratings. From what I can tell players <60 limit was +8, <70 was +7, <80 was +6, <90 was +5, and more often than not players would come up a point under those maxes. Well, with loaning them out they progress +2 [ex: 80 (+2)], then loan and come back and start over with their progression [ex cont'd: 83 (+3)], etc.

Below are the ratings for a 91-94 (really 97) potential LW I brought up from the youth academy a few days ago and have been using the loan out method on:

Juan Marcos
6'0
156 lbs
Spain
LW
Left (foot)
High (Att Rate)
Low (Def Rate)
3* (Weak Foot)
4* (Skill Moves)

End of Year Ratings:
65 OVR - Out of Youth Academy
73 OVR - End of 16 year old season
79 OVR - End of 17 year old season
85 OVR - End of 18 year old season
So you're winger's secondary attributes were also shooting up at the same rate or were they growing at a slower rate....?
As in I've got a youth product who's stats like fka and balance grow by 2 each season regardless of their ovr growth rate....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #456
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arapinha
A question:
I had a youth player whose potential read 85-94. When I promoted him to the pro team, surprise! He's not a "good potential", nor a "exciting talent", nor a "potential to be special" player. He's just a "in the team since 2015" player. Does this mean that his youth potential was wrong? Should I get rid of him or wait longer?
Is his actual OVR rating below 60? For some reason if they are below 60 they won't show their potential status until they reach 60 OVR.

If he's above 60, then yeah his potential would be below 80.

Also, as an FYI, always wait until May 1 to pull new 16 year olds out of the academy, they get a big OVR boost most of the time. If you get a player that is younger than 16, then by the time he is 16 he will have already had a May update so it's not as important to wait. But each youth player you have should probably go through at least one May update.

Personally I usually don't pull players out of the academy until they are 17 in May, because usually I'm trying to loan the youth players out for the first few years anyway.

But I did one career save where I played with all youth players, and brought them all out when they were 16 in May (since they were going to play most every game).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »