Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #201
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

Previous Update:
Spoiler

So the January window rolled around after that update. Did something I never thought I'd do, I sold Dimitar Berbatov for 11 mil to Inter. Brought in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to replace him for 24 mil. Also sold Phillipe Senderos for 8 mil.

Injuries begin to ravage my squad, Villa tears his calf, Kacaniklic tears his quad, Pereira breaks an ankle, it sucked. Who wants Hugo Rodallega playing their CAM position? I don't, but it happened.

Anywho, I persevere through the Champions League. Win my group, knock out Porto, United (came back to win the aggregate after losing the first one at Old Trafford, I was proud of myself), and Munich on my way to the final with Real Madrid. Lost there 3-1. ****ing Benzema.

Back to the Premier League. I had traded the top spot with Spurs all season and finally they came into a difficult part of their schedule in their last four fixtures. A loss to Chelsea for them gave me a three point lead with two to play, and luckily those two were against Wigan and Blackburn.

Fulham Football Club: 2013-2014 Barclays Premier League Champions.

On to the offseason, and oh my, was it an offseason. Turns out if you win the Premier League, you become flu-u-u-ush with ca-a-a-ashhh. My transfer budget as the start of the season window opened was 46 million. And then something I didn't expect happened.

PSG offers me 27.5 for Aubameyang, which there was no way in hell that I was taking. So just to be a dick, I counter with 50. And... they counter back with 47.5. Well now I have to actually consider this. And I end up doing it. Sold Aubameyang for 48 million.

Then I sold David Villa to City for 10 mil because he was old and always hurt.

So, suddenly, I'm Fulham and I have 100 MILLION DOLLARS TO SPEND.

So here's my new squad. New people in bold. Overalls in parenthesis.

GK: David Stockdale (76)
RB: Didac Vila (80)
CB: Fabricio Coloccini (80)
CB: Brede Hangeland (78)
LB: Jordi Alba (84)
RCM: Michael Pereira (78)
CM: De Marcos (84)
LCM: Ashkan Dejagah (81)
CAM: Daniel Sturridge (83)
RS: Sergio Aguero (90)
LS: Emmanuel Mayuka (81)

Values:
Didac Vila - 7.5 mil
Daniel Sturridge - 24 mil
Sergio Aguero - 57.5 mil

I bought another defender to replace Hangeland eventually who's only 23 years old and a 77 OVR, but I can't remember his name right now. I'm doing this off the top of my head at school. He cost 5.5 mil, though.

So... holy ****. This is going to be an insanely fun season.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

Last edited by Bellsprout; 10-24-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #202
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does anyone know what the different potential sayings mean? (potential to be special vs. has that special something vs exciting prospect)
Old 10-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #203
Pro

OVR: 2

So I went ahead and took the plunge using Inter as one of my CM (Have a Millwall one to I will play sparingly)

With Inter I went into season and using the default formation and tactics. Playing a 3-4-1-2. Zanetti announced he will be hanging it up after this season.

The First order of business was to hire scouts using 45mil in Transfer Budget. I hired the three most expensive ones and put them in

Italy - Attackers
Spain - Playmakers
Brazil - Technically Gifted

The next order of business was to loan out some of the younger talent and list some of my players.

Up For Loan purposes
A. Duncan (CM) - Loaned Out
Livaja (ST)
Bianchetti (CB)
Romano (CM)
Benassi (CM)

I'm keeping Mbaye on roster as I'll use him throughout the season in a LM or CB role.

As far as those I'm looking to Transfer
Sneijder
Palacio
Milito
Nagatomo
Stankovic

Cassano would be there too, but can only loan him since he just joined club.

I don't like nor need Nagatomo as I'll play Pereira as a LM or Left Side CB - Or If I have some funds, Id like to possibly sign a starter with excellent speed and ball control (Marcelo would be magnificent).

Sneijder, Milito and Palacio are all just victims of me wanting certain other players. I'm trying to figure out a way to get the money to have a good chance at the following players :

Neymar - About 45.5 MIL is amount given when I enquired. I'd really like to get him and would give up Sneijder as a CAM to Do so. I'd then either plug Neymar in a LS role or the CF role.

G. Rossi / Benzema - Both about 26.5 Mil. Which would take the place of Milito or Palacio as a Striker. Really like to get Benzema. I enquired about Pata but Milan is not interested in parting ways.

After a bigger Striker signing I would then compliment that with

Diouf or Agbonlehor - Both with great speed to compliment a big striker like Benzema if I could get him.

My Midfield and CB's are pretty good as they are - I don't know that I would try to upgrade or make purchases there unless I have more budget room. Right now the goal is to sell anyone I have to between Milito, Sneijder, Nagatomo, and Palacio to get the money necessary to sign Neymar, Top Striker like Benzema, and a compliment in Diouf or Agbonlehor or another striker in range of 4-8 mil that is serviceable.

Right now I have around 24 or 27 mil left I believe - Sneijder is valued at 31, so far the highest I've got is from man city for 28 mil, I'd want at least 35 mil for him. And then Milito and Palacio I think have high contracts around 11 and 14 mil if I remember correctly so getting 14 and 17 mil more for them along with 10 mil for Nagatomo which is useless for me, it should give me between 80-100 million to go after Neymar @ 45.5mil, Benzema @ 26.5 mil, and then a supporting cast around the Striker and CM position - Or just really splurge and try to get another deadly striker like a Suarez.

In either case, just from the friendlies I'll be satisfied with the team as it is. A lot of skill there. Should nothing change the starting lineup for first cup game will be

GK - Handanovic
LCB - Juan
CB - Samuel
RCB - Silvestre

RM - Either Jonathan(rb) or Zanetti
RCM - Cambiasso or Mudingayi
LCM - Gargano or Obi
LM - Pereira or Guarin or Mudingayi

CF/CAM - Sneijder
LS - Palacio or Cassano
RS - Milito or Cassano

Subs
Coutinho (CAM)
Alvarez (CAM)
Ranocchia (CB)
Mbaye (LCB)
Cassano (CF)
Castalezzi (GK)
Chivu (LM, RM or CB)

Livaja (ST)

So looking forward to the season with this team. It's a team I support although I've never seen them play really, but for some reason going back to when I was 7 or 8 and played soccer the Inter team, logo and jersey just stuck in my head and have always liked them as one of my favorite teams although I never watched them play lol.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #204
Rookie

OVR: 4

offer Santos Sneijder and about 5-10 mil and Neymar is yours
Old 10-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #205
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well, my now 19yr old Striker VP won the Golden Boot while on loan to LBC in the French Ligue 2 and helped them get promoted by winning the Ligue. I'm now back with the Crew and moving up the scoring table.

Napoli has sent an offer to my team to purchase and offered me $50k/wk to play for them.

I declined.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #206
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
Nice Idea!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #207
Just started!

OVR: 0

This is my first FIFA game and I have enjoyed following this thread to get ideas for my upcoming career. I picked up Australian League Team Newcastle Jets and am about 7 games into the season.

I know I can search for a new job mid-season, but will other clubs in different leagues offer me a job while I am a current manager, the same way that you get offered jobs for International teams?
Old 10-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #208
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohvitser12
Took Sneijder and 22.5 Million
But worth it. Two competitive games in, 3 assists and 2 goals

I also had Benzema ready to go, but with Neymar signing I didn't have the money to finish the deal since no one has bought any of the players I have transfer listed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »