Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-20-2012, 02:12 AM   #417
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

I won the NPower League 1 in year 2 with York City.
I got the Hungarian national team to the round of 16 in the world cup. I lost to Spain 2-1.
I sold my best Striker for $2 Million at the start of the next season which when my budget was under 1 mill it was nice. So I found some nice players on the FA pool, A couple of 18 year old strikers and a CB that are all high 60's.

Now being in Npower Championship league I think it's going to be tough. I had to promote two of my young guys for depth. But I have a 16 year old italian LM that has a potential of 96 who is starting out at a 66, So i'm going to start him in my friendlies.

I think this is going to be the toughest year but I'm really close to achieving my goal of making it the EPL from Npower League 2.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:33 AM   #418
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

OVR: 2

Just missed out on the League One playoffs in my second season with AFC Wimbledon. Drew on the final day against Yeovil who were sitting 6th. Spent most of the season hovering around mid table before going on a bit of a run late in the season. End of the day it was a very good season and can hopefully go all the way next season.

Byron Harrison was at it again with 23 goals for the season and being named player of the season. Lewis Langmead and Scott Henderson were by far the best of my academy products and are going to be guns.

Will probably look at bringing in some better defenders as my current back 4 seem really bad at marking, costing me a few points over the course of the season.

Haven't recieved an international offer yet, although i've knocked back several clubs.

Entering my 3rd season, 2nd in League One and the board has asked that I gain promotion. Should be tough, but I'm sure I'm up to it!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #419
Rookie

Alright guys, thought I'd pop in here.

After 23 games with Celtic in my first season I'm second with 49 points, 8 behind Motherwell (who are still unbeaten!?) and 7 ahead of Aberdeen. I kept resting my best players before CL games and paid the price I guess. Still pretty confident I can catch them, but I might have given them too big of a head start. I've won my last 6 league games, so definitely got momentum. Bafetimbi Gomis is top scorer with 14 and also leads assists with 10. To say I rely on him is a bit of an understatement!

Champions League (Cup on Fifa) was a little disappointing. Finished on 6 points, 2 behind PSG who beat me 3-1 at home in the final game. Ibrahimovic just ripped me apart! I've drawn FC Twente in the Europa League. There's still some pretty strong teams so depending on how I'm faring in the league will see what kind of team I put out!

I redeemed one of the takeover things on the catalog so I've got a bit of a changed team. Playing a 4-2-3-1:

Forster
Matthews -- Zouma (St-Etienne) -- Mangala (Porto) -- Izaguirre
Kayal -- Wanyama
Sterling (Liverpool) ---------------- Walcott (Arsenal)
Wellington Nem (Fluminense)
Gomis (Lyon)

Pretty young team, so I'm hopefully gonna keep this for a while and try and bring youngsters through. Had none sign up yet, it will change eventually!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #420
Rookie

OVR: 4

out of curiosity, how long does it take until I get offers to manager bigger international teams? I'm in my 2nd year managing Leicester city and so far i've managed Bolivia and Peru, and i've yet to get an offer from a much bigger club. I was hoping by now to be managing USMNT, but its yet to happen. So what do I do, leave Peru and wait and see if they offer me a job or do I leverage my way to a job with USMNT by winning with Peru?
Old 12-21-2012, 01:30 AM   #421
MVP

moose141's Arena

Started a career managing West Ham, brought in Jallet from PSG to solidify my backfield but otherwise hadn't made any transfers until I brought in Butland at the start of the January window for $1mil and my backup keeper (Henderson) and will give him a few games to ease him into the role he will takeover when Jaaskeleinan retires.

So far been a solid campaign, have gone 9W-5D-7L (32 pts) in the Premier League thus far and sit in 7th with surprise wins over ManCity (1-0 at home), ManUtd (3-2 at Old Trafford) and Liverpool (3-0 at home). The win over City is currently their only loss right now.

Also, won through the Capital One Cup into the semifinals right against Everton, though got some lucky draws only playing one EPL team in our first four games. Also, just won our first match in the FA Cup over Notts County.

Maiga leads with 8 EPL goals and 2 Cup goals, while Carroll has 5 Cup goals and 4/5 in EPL (had been awful but scored 3 in the past 4 matches), and Nolan has 5 EPL goals. Vaz Te has 7/8 total as well with 5 in the EPL in just 13 apps.

Hoping to hang around mid table as well as potentially pull in the Capital One Cup (would face Arsenal/City in the final) and make an FA Cup run.

Not sure where yet to look with the remaining $1.5 million or so on my transfer budget, though I have Carlton Cole transfer listed so that could add a bit more funds to work with. Potentially trying to bring in a Sterling or some other MID to add some pace and passing to the lineup.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey

Last edited by moose141; 12-21-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #422
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just got the game last night, started a manager mode with Chelsea. Lost my first pre-season game to Real Madrid 3-1
Old 12-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #423
#nouss

WyxHarmon's Arena

OVR: 18

Got some very lofty goals for my second year.

BPL : Win League Title

Europa League : Win the Cup

FA Cup : win the cup.

I knew I wasn't doing this with my current squad, so i made some moves. Sold Lloris to Juventus for 45 mil, Sold Bale to Real for 65 Mil, Signed Neymar for 40 Mil, Signed Diego Alves for 15 Mil, and my blockbuster, signed Iniesta for 69 mil.

I better win the league by 15 now.
Ravens

73 - 72
Old 12-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #424
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Liverpool season is now over.

Won the EPL with 104 points.

Won the Capitol One Cup and the FA Cup. Add the Euro League Cup too.

Suarez led the league with 58 goals and 39 assists. Oliver Baumann was 7th with 10 clean sheets.

Playing in the BPL is very tough on players and stamina. It's tough playing a game almost every 2 days. BPL, 2 days off, Domestic cup, 3 days off, Euro cup. Very tough.

I offered Gerrard a 1 year extension but as a rotation player because he's injury prone now. But still a great leader.

I probably won't make to many transactions. Probably just sell J. Reina and Skrel since he wants out, and test markets on Sterling and D. Wilson who had breakout years.

Also I was getting ready to take the England national team to the World Championship, but when they did my review I thought it was an extension so I declined, but it was not to become another manger for the year. So I missed out on it! We had Ireland, Uruguay and Slovenia in our table. Easy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »