Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #497
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

Finally finished my first season as Bristol City manager. I ended up finishing 14th in the table, after a great last month and a half where I went undefeated. After a year of consolidation, next year I'm gunning for the premier league. I resigned as Ecuador manager, it was proving too much of a distraction from my club work. At the end of the season, I released Jody Morris, Mark Wilson and Lewin Nyatanga. Nick Powell, Ignaci Miquel and Curtis Good returned to their parent clubs, and club legend Louis Carey retired. I'm hoping to bring Miquel back aswell as adding another striker. Hopefully I can also offload Ryan Taylor and if I get the right price, Greg Cunningham.

If that comes together, then it's all systems go!
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 01-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #498
Just started!

OVR: 0
Talking Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

Hey guys. I am currently in my first season with Liverpool and I want to build upon my squad in the January transfer window. This is my team:

(Played with a custom 3-4-3 formation)

Starting XI

GK Peter Gulacsi 67
RWB Ignazio Abate 82 (Bought from AC Milan)
CB Martin Skrtel 82
LWB Daniel Agger 83
CDM Arturo Vidal 85 (Bought from Juventus)
RM Joe Allen 79
CM Steven Gerrard(c) 83
LM Oussama Assaidi 80
CF Erik Lamela 79 (Bought from Roma)
RS Luis Suarez 87
LS Luis Muriel 81 (Bought from Udinese)

Subs

GK Brad Jones 64
LB Jose Enrique 79
CB Sebastian Coates 74
CAM Suso 65
CM Jonjo Shelvey 74
CF Dani Pacheco 74
CF Sadio Diallo 77 (Bought from Stade-Rennais)

Reserves

RB Martin Kelly 76
CB Marvell Wynne 66 (Bought from Colorado Rapids)
CB Jamie Carragher 74 (Retiring at the end of the season)
CB Andre Wisdom 62
CB Danny Wilson 72
RB John Flanagan 69
LB Jack Robinson 66
CDM Conor Coady 64
CDM Zarko Grbasic 51 (scouted)
CM Nuri Sahin 84 (injured)
ST Samed Yesil 66
ST Michael Ngoo 65
ST Adam Morgan 63

Out on loan

ST Andy Carroll 80 (West Ham)
CM Jay Spearing 74 (Bolton)
ST Henoc Mukendi 58 (Northampton)
ST Fabio Borini 78 (Palermo)
LW Raheem Sterling 70 (Blackpool)

As you can tell. I lack in goalkeepers and I need a Left-Midfielder to replace Oussama Assaidi because he's a winger. My transfer budget is £13.5 million and £115,000 in wage (I bought the Financial Takeover from EASFC Store) and I want to know a decent GK to buy and a good LM (preferably under 27 years of age) to replace my current players, and who should I sell?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #499
Just started!

OVR: 6

Well I am here to update you on my session :
We second in the league and with the European league, we nearly were out, the El Shaarawy did a magical turnaround. Now the latest forun of it I was leading 2-0 at home and the game ended up 2-2, now I have to Play my best in the away game!! Come On Newcastle!!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #500
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Time to update you all on Celtic FC!

Again after furthering my stranglehold on the Clydesdale Bank Premier League, I took my talents once again to the Champions Cup, this time against a loaded FC Barca.

The funny thing I realized is the announcers took time to talk about how Joe Ledley was going to have to deal with playing against his former squad, when in actuality, he wasn't even on the bench, he was on the reserve squad. Anyway the game itself was shockingly easy, my first game I had trouble sneaking through the backline of Barca, but at the end of it all I led 2-1 and won the first leg. I thought that would put me into a great position heading to Barca's house.

And so it did, however it was not as easy as I thought it would be. After getting a rather quick early goal from Hooper, action calmed down, no one really got a prime scoring opportunity until the 85th minute. It was quite the bore really. However my defense forgot that Leo Messi is, well, Leo Messi and let him walk right in and score on his own rebound. He was basically on top of Butland when he shot it, and same with the rebound. Not much could really be done there, I'm happy he stopped him the first time. That made the aggregate 3-2, all of a sudden we have Barca in full out attack mode and it almost worked in added time. Modric puts off a shot that gets stopped by Butland, but bounces right to who else but Leo Messi. Wide open net for the guy, and of all people HE gets a bad touch and shoots it right past Butland, and out past the other post, completely missing the net, and sealing the deal. Celtic had upset Barca and moved on to face Bayern Munich in the final four.

I went on to play Bayern, but it just wasn't mine to be. After shocking them on Allianz, they killed me 4-1 on my own turf to advance the the Champions Cup final where they then lost to Chelsea (again). I won the Scottish Cup, and the Scottish Premier League. In the offseason, I was offered the job at Northern Ireland and Scotland for their national teams respectively, I took Scotland being I manage a team in the Scottish Premier League.

I do have a question though, I don't plan on leaving Celtic anytime soon, but when will I actually be offered legitimate manager positions? I mean I did lead a huge underdog to the final four of the Champions Cup, beating Manchester United, FC Barca and Real Madrid on the way.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #501
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

So I've gone through a few seasons as the LA Galaxy and got them up to 4.5 stars (I think that's what it is, there's 1.5 stars left...can't remember if it's out of 5 or 6 lol).

Is it possible I'll ever be able to apply for jobs for some of the premier teams or anything like that? My Galaxy team is so dominant in the MLS.

Edit: Also, is there certain times where teams from other leagues tend to have available job postings?
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 01-03-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #502
Rookie

FSanchez12's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
So I've gone through a few seasons as the LA Galaxy and got them up to 4.5 stars (I think that's what it is, there's 1.5 stars left...can't remember if it's out of 5 or 6 lol).

Is it possible I'll ever be able to apply for jobs for some of the premier teams or anything like that? My Galaxy team is so dominant in the MLS.

Edit: Also, is there certain times where teams from other leagues tend to have available job postings?
Yes, go to managers office, my jobs or something of that nature and open it, there will be teams that you can "apply" for. I've seen teams from the likes of Millwall looking for a new manager to save them from falling out of the npower champions league, to taking over Losc Lille.

I just asked a similar question but to clarify, I want the team to come to me, not me to go to them.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #503
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

I just got fired from my team at doncaster after 4 years . Took them to a premier league title, the next year I simmed about half and at the end terminated. Whole youth squad and scouts gone. Signed at aston villa now with no money and no scouts this makes me want to just quit career mode.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #504
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
I just got fired from my team at doncaster after 4 years . Took them to a premier league title, the next year I simmed about half and at the end terminated. Whole youth squad and scouts gone. Signed at aston villa now with no money and no scouts this makes me want to just quit career mode.
i know what you mean. i was doing a sim with torquay to test out player progression. i took them to premier league and my first objective was to win the league ;(. I failed it and got canned. its not like my team was full of superstars (yet).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »