Home

Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth

This is a discussion on Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Fifa 14 Youth Academy and Player Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedmann
With that little money of an 10million scout? hard to do with 2m budget. so thats an bad argument.

Once again, who the hell said anything about a $10 million scout? There are all kinds of scouts with different costs. Stop with the hyperbolic and argumentative responses. Just do what you want and know that I know what I'm talking about. Good day.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #58
Banned

In FIFA 12 people complained about progression on youth players being to slow. So they made progression faster in 13. But then people complained that it was to fast. So now in 14 they slowed progression down again. No matter what people aren't happy.

I actually liked 13's progression better. To the guy that said goalies progressed too fast last year -- most my goalies from youth academy progressed about 4 points every season. Now its about 2 points only. They should have left the FIFA 13 progression in
Old 09-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #59
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatiger13
To the guy that said goalies progressed too fast last year --
Actually, if you go back and look, you'll note that nobody said goalie progression was too fast last year. Rather, that was a straw man argument made by Tony.

I described my experiences with goalkeepers and they progressed better than any other player on my squad last year.

I do, however, agree that progression was just fine last year.

It's important to remember that everybody has a different approach and circumstance to playing FIFA and utilizing the Youth Academy. Not everybody hires three 5 star scouts and spams Spain, Brazil, and Argentina. Not everybody wants their Youth Academy filled with players from South America. Not everybody wants to populate their entire squad with youth players that have 88+ potential. Believe it or not, not everybody wants to populate their entire team, or any part of it for that matter, with the magical reincarnated souls of Messi, Totti, or Van Persie.

So rather than berate or flame people who don't share the exact perspective you have with regards to FIFA and its Youth Academy, try to enjoy the plurality of opinions and thoughts on the topic because obviously the FIFA community at OS are an eclectic, ragtag bunch.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #60
Banned

@Gnemi
What was it you said about not flaming people.

And I actually have very little success finding good players from Argentina and Brazil in 13, even with 5 star scouts. Most good players I find are from Europe and Africa. I usually scout almost every country that you are able to scout. Same in 14.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #61
Banned

Quote:
In FIFA 12 people complained about progression on youth players being to slow. So they made progression faster in 13. But then people complained that it was to fast. So now in 14 they slowed progression down again. No matter what people aren't happy.

I actually liked 13's progression better. To the guy that said goalies progressed too fast last year -- most my goalies from youth academy progressed about 4 points every season. Now its about 2 points only. They should have left the FIFA 13 progression in

I totally agree with everything you said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
@Gnemi
What was it you said about not flaming people.

And I actually have very little success finding good players from Argentina and Brazil in 13, even with 5 star scouts. Most good players I find are from Europe and Africa. I usually scout almost every country that you are able to scout. Same in 14.

Here's why you shouldn't do that. It's been in the actual code of the game:

Check out the "Where To Look" section...
http://www.fifascoutingtips.com/?p=584#where
Old 09-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #63
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Aaron II
- Goalies' progression is awful at the moment. (I'm sure this will change after a patch though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
That's a bummer about goalies although to be fair, they progressed incredibly fast/easy in years past.
Quote:
There has never been a version of this game where goalies progressed too fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Too fast is probably subjective but for me, in both FIFA '13 and '13, my keepers progressed 5-6 points per season, perhaps because I have a tendency to concede *very* few goals.
Quote:
Then that wouldn't be "very fast", A. And B, a guy STARTING at goalie for a soccer club at 16 who's rated a 63 being an 80-83 at age 20 is NOT outside of the realm of possibility in the slightest. Look at De Gea and Courtois.
Quote:
Old 09-30-2013, 04:17 AM   #64
Banned

@ Tony Aaron

I checked out the scouting tips. One thing I thought was weird is that it says Australia and New Zealand are not good places to find great players. The reason I think that's weird is because I always find at least 3 players who end up being 90-94 in potential. In fact the countries I always seem to find good players in are New Zealand, Egypt, Finland, Northern Ireland, Poland and Ecuador.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »