Home

Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set

This is a discussion on Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #65
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by koa1aboi
Guys, I'm currently playing FIFA 14 on my Xbox 360 and using Orion's set. I bought both Xbox one and a PS4 but undecided on which one to own for myself. I will give the other system to my brother. I only play sports games, mostly FIFA. Any suggestions on which console is better for FIFA or for any other sports? I assume gameplay will be the same, but what about graphics? I don't normally do online stuff and rather stick to manager mode. Apologize if this is not the place to post this but can't seem to find a thread for next gen esp for FIFA stuff.. Thanks.
A few people have reported that FIFA looks a little better on PS4 than X1 (big surprise!). Not sure if true though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #66
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by koa1aboi
Guys, I'm currently playing FIFA 14 on my Xbox 360 and using Orion's set. I bought both Xbox one and a PS4 but undecided on which one to own for myself. I will give the other system to my brother. I only play sports games, mostly FIFA. Any suggestions on which console is better for FIFA or for any other sports? I assume gameplay will be the same, but what about graphics? I don't normally do online stuff and rather stick to manager mode. Apologize if this is not the place to post this but can't seem to find a thread for next gen esp for FIFA stuff.. Thanks.
To me it comes down to which controller you like to play with...if you play a lot online is another consideration, or would be for me. Microsoft has a much better network, and much more invested in ensuring good speeds, etc. than Sony does.

I only play CM by myself so for me it came down to the controller...but if I played online Xbox would get my vote as well.

That being said, aside from those two things I'm sure they'll play about the same, and graphical differences are probably barely noticeable if noticed at all.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #67
mfp
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenferret
Maybe I'll give it a shot first as I like movement/pace etc on WC, but on target % has been way too high at times. I've been over 70% and Man City was 19 of 21 on target...way too good for anything I've ever seen in the BPL...in real life.

The problem is we need to forget CG as NG is a completely different beast, which makes sense as it is a completely different engine.

I'll follow suit with you for now.
I'm finding the relationship between shooting/keepers difficult to figure out too. At default settings, shot accuracy is way too high for me (70-80% on target) yet I'm not scoring as many goals as you'd expect with that kind of accuracy. And I'm creating chances, usually 10+ a game.

Meanwhile, same problem from CG exists in NG with the CPU teams needing far fewer chances to score. Right now the ratio seems to be approximately 3-1, in that I need to create three times as many chances per goals scored.

Right now I'm kinda thinking that User shot error needs to be higher (than default) but CPU keeper needs to be lower. Conversely, CPU shooting needs to be lower (not sure about this), and User keeper needs to be higher.

I also wonder if increased User keeper would help with keepers blocking shots back into middle of 6-yard box for easy tap ins? I'm playing with Spurs, and though Lloris is awesome, he's leaking goals from second-chance tap-ins. It's almost like second-change goals are the new easy CPU header goal from current gen for me.

What do you think?
Old 11-23-2013, 04:43 PM   #68
mfp
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenferret
To me it comes down to which controller you like to play with...if you play a lot online is another consideration, or would be for me. Microsoft has a much better network, and much more invested in ensuring good speeds, etc. than Sony does.

I only play CM by myself so for me it came down to the controller...but if I played online Xbox would get my vote as well.

That being said, aside from those two things I'm sure they'll play about the same, and graphical differences are probably barely noticeable if noticed at all.
Couldn't agree more about the controller, though this gen the choice is much more difficult.

I chose the 360 last gen more almost all cross-gen games, usually because of the controller (though some fore better optimization), but I chose to jump ship to the PS4 this gen because of hardware and philosophical differences between the machines. Whether I would like the DS4 was my biggest worry.

At first I wasn't sure about the DS4 - it's much better but I was worried about it being still a little small. Now, though, I'm absolutely loving it.

One thing I don't see mentioned much is how much better FIFA plays with the new DS4. First, the new sticks are a joy to play with. More importantly though, I think the triggers are not only more comfortable, but they're more precise, which makes analog sprint both an absolute must but a real joy to master.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #69
Drive for 5

Lonestar210's Arena

OVR: 8

The controller will be a big factor in which Next-gen system I purchase; I have always played using Xbox for FIFA but have heard good things about the PS4's controller. My hands aren't very big so I don't think the PS4 controller will feel small in my hands. But I am more comfortable with the Xbox controller. I did play PS2 a lot back in the day.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for all the feedback.. I agree that the xbox's controller is a lot more fitting in the hands. I don't have big hands myself but testing the ps4's controllers at target, it wasn't bad at all. In fact, I kinda liked it. I guess there's really not a bad choice between the two consoles as far as the games I play. I may choose ps4 after all as i still have my 360 if i need any of the entertainment features. Thanks again..
Old 11-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 3

So after playing multiple games in Kick Off and Manager mode I feel this sliders are damn near perfect. I have made some personal adjustments that I feel suit me.

By the way I play on Legendary.

Shot Error - I have this down to 53 for CPU and Hum. I feel like any higher and finesse shot becomes broken. Just balloons over. Also, any higher and shots have no sting from distance and one time shots become embarrassing. I also do NOT want to up shot speed to 51 because that just looks ridiculous.

Pass Speed - I have it down to 51 for CPU and Hum. I feel this is a better way to combat pass accuracy being too high by allowing the defenses to come in and pick passes and close space realistically.

Marking - I have it at default 50 for CPU and Hum. I think the devs nailed it at default. Very realistic. Lower allows me to cut inside and shoot far too easily.

I think these sliders are just about dead on. One thing we need to try to avoid is to move a slider just for the sake of moving it. This game is so good right out of the box. Some legacy issues remain but Wow EA, I must begrudgingly tip my hat to ya.

The only thing keeping this game from being perfect is having Orion on staff...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 0

Hi, I liked Orion's sliders in the past but I had to sign up to ask why next gen sliders are so slow? Gamespeed is very good on default but with these sliders the game feels like an old man's game!

So why is the game slowed down so much? Is it because you find manual difficult? Because I think manual is so much better in next gen.

The game is better with these sliders on NORMAL gamespeed, but still doesn't seem right. Watch the Liverpool-Everton match from today and you will see how explosive football can be but with these sliders FIFA lacks that intensity. Doesn't seem to be realistic to me.

Maybe semi passing is better if we want realistic gamespeed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »