Home

Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set

This is a discussion on Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #57
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set

Orion, are you still playing World Class? I think this might be the issue, rather than a need to up marking. Played two more matches today and scored four goals in each. It doesn't feel like I'm scoring them cheap, but all the same it may be due to playing a lower level.

I'm gonna keep the sliders as they are, and up myself to Legendary next game.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Great work on these. I am getting a good mix of games. Never feel cheated (except for FIFA's bad cursor changing at times)

I think I will keep these current setting until I finish my first season for CM.

Old 11-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #59
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Had a spare hour so I played game #2 in my Roma CM. After a mite of a struggle in the first 30 minutes, I got it together and dominated the rest of the match, still however I only managed a 1-0 victory. Not sure if it was just one of those things or if the keepers are still overpowered, time will tell on that.

Roma 1-0 Hellas Verona

19 Shots 12
8 On Target 4
53% Possession 47%
19 Tackles 19
1 Fouls 0
0 Offside 1
4 Corners 4
42% Shot Acc. 33%
79% Pass Acc. 83%

-Some notes, same referee as the first match, he does not call anything. Shot Error was boosted to 56 after several test games had accuracy consistently in the high 80's and up. So far so good, but not enough games to officially change. 48 Marking will remain, there's just no good reason to change it.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #60
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Had a spare hour so I played game #2 in my Roma CM. After a mite of a struggle in the first 30 minutes, I got it together and dominated the rest of the match, still however I only managed a 1-0 victory. Not sure if it was just one of those things or if the keepers are still overpowered, time will tell on that.

Roma 1-0 Hellas Verona

-Some notes, same referee as the first match, he does not call anything. Shot Error was boosted to 56 after several test games had accuracy consistently in the high 80's and up. So far so good, but not enough games to officially change. 48 Marking will remain, there's just no good reason to change it.
My problem with upping shot error is that the goals I've scored should have been scored...missing those kinds of goals would only piss me off. I can't stand consistently missing sitters, etc.

Have you tried Legendary? I'm gonna bite the bullet against Hull City...a team I should be able to beat and see how it plays.

I've got a date with the wife tonight, so I'll get a match in before I go to sleep...I'll play at least three games and see how the stats compare...I'm thinking they'll mark tighter/react faster on Legendary as well.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #61
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenferret
My problem with upping shot error is that the goals I've scored should have been scored...missing those kinds of goals would only piss me off. I can't stand consistently missing sitters, etc.

Have you tried Legendary? I'm gonna bite the bullet against Hull City...a team I should be able to beat and see how it plays.

I've got a date with the wife tonight, so I'll get a match in before I go to sleep...I'll play at least three games and see how the stats compare...I'm thinking they'll mark tighter/react faster on Legendary as well.
Right now I'm getting good matches on world class, the CPU issues from current gen don't exist in NG so it's been good. Of course eventually I'll start playing more consistently, and once that happens I'm guessing I'll need to make the jump, but not yet. As for the 56 shot error, I've seen absolutely no signs of it causing me or the CPU to miss sitters.....yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #62
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Right now I'm getting good matches on world class, the CPU issues from current gen don't exist in NG so it's been good. Of course eventually I'll start playing more consistently, and once that happens I'm guessing I'll need to make the jump, but not yet. As for the 56 shot error, I've seen absolutely no signs of it causing me or the CPU to miss sitters.....yet.
Maybe I'll give it a shot first as I like movement/pace etc on WC, but on target % has been way too high at times. I've been over 70% and Man City was 19 of 21 on target...way too good for anything I've ever seen in the BPL...in real life.

The problem is we need to forget CG as NG is a completely different beast, which makes sense as it is a completely different engine.

I'll follow suit with you for now.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Guys, I'm currently playing FIFA 14 on my Xbox 360 and using Orion's set. I bought both Xbox one and a PS4 but undecided on which one to own for myself. I will give the other system to my brother. I only play sports games, mostly FIFA. Any suggestions on which console is better for FIFA or for any other sports? I assume gameplay will be the same, but what about graphics? I don't normally do online stuff and rather stick to manager mode. Apologize if this is not the place to post this but can't seem to find a thread for next gen esp for FIFA stuff.. Thanks.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #64
mfp
Rookie

Wow, shocked that you guys like playing with such big changes to gamespeed. For once FIFA handles great straight out of the box! Slow plus decreased sprint and accel? Crazy to me!

Well, that's obviously one's personal preference. Keepers on the other hand seem a little off in next gen. Too often I'll get 10+ shots on goal and be lucky to squeak one by the CPU keeper, yet the CPU only needs to create a few chances to score.

Also finding the User keepers are blocking shots back to strikers far too often. Honestly, that's the main thing I'm trying to fix right now, but don't know how. Higher User keeper ability?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »