Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #1529
Rookie

JR Ewingston's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Here is the video from the twitch broadcast. I think it played fantastically.

how did it feel with marking at 60?
Old 10-08-2015, 06:45 PM   #1530
Rookie

EDGE757's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I have time to stream a full match. Chelsea v Everton, using SEt B, 15 pass speed CPU, 50 pass error, marking 60/60.

twitch.tv/matt10l
Broadcasting with that setup.

http://www.twitch.tv/edge757
Old 10-08-2015, 06:52 PM   #1531
Rookie

Nasone74 sliders v.1.02 (beta)

Leggenda 10/15 minuti Normale

Velocità 47/47
Accelerazione 49/49
Errore tiri 50/53
Errore passaggi 50/50
Velocità tiri 50/50
Velocità passaggi 45/16
Frequenza infortuni 64/64
Gravità infortuni 40/40
Abilità portiere 50/50
Inserimenti 45/45
Altezza difesa 50/50
Lunghezza difesa 50/49
Ampiezza difesa 50/50
Esterni 50/50
Tocco di prima 50/50
Barra 50
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #1532
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Am I the only one that sees just laughable computer crosses by the CPU with error anywhere more than 55? Its such a killer because at 65 I love the ground passes.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that the CPU misses 6-8 of these crosses a game. Im talking not even close to in bounds. I think maybe the run freq being low prevents targets in the box and the CPU just hoofs it for no apparent reason. Just odd because I haven't seen anyone else mention this.

Really liking Set A (with some adjustments). Still trying to get a little more oomph out of their attack. I force most of the action wide so this crossing issue is really hampering their opportunities.
i'm not sure crosses are really effected by pass error. my theory is the player attributes and coding for crosses is not good enough.

having pass error on default and the CPU miss plenty. the problem is they don't slow down to take a cross. the cpu attempts them at full speed, on the wrong foot (play hull and Snodgrass a left-footer plays on the right and just runs down the wing and hits them at full speed on his wrong foot 7-10 times per game. all of them go out of bounds.)

as a test i reduced the CPU's pass error to 1 and they still made a bad cross. and i say one, because they only attempted one. they much preferred to play tiki-taka through the middle.

so ... if that conclusion is anything to go by, increasing pass error will have no effect on crosses, but you will see more of them per game as the CPU finds other ways than tiki-taka to unlock the user defense.

Last edited by FluffyTonka; 10-08-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:14 PM   #1533
MVP

ILiveForThis's Arena

OVR: 13
FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

testing set b with matt's changes and this is what i've felt/noticed:

- pass speed needs to be ~20-25 range i believe to get the full variety of the cpu attack. i think some passes are being left out, just my gut talking there tho.

- marking at 60/60 is really nice. like, really, really nice. fullbacks still act weird but i'm guessing that could be just attributes based.

that's all for now. i'm always lurking tho. i got some goals to post later as well.

-- t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
www.twitch.tv/ILiveForThis
Old 10-08-2015, 07:27 PM   #1534
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
i'm not sure crosses are really effected by pass error. my theory is the player attributes and coding for crosses is not good enough.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about crosses + pass error if it improves the rest of the game. Played a fair number of games with default sliders and the terrible crosses was one of the first things that stood out. I don't have a theory but it really looks like it's one of those things that have to be tweaked by EA in a patch.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #1535
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILiveForThis
testing set b with matt's changes and this is what i've felt/noticed:

- pass speed needs to be ~20-25 range i believe to get the full variety of the cpu attack. i think some passes are being left out, just my gut talking there tho.

- marking at 60/60 is really nice. like, really, really nice. fullbacks still act weird but i'm guessing that could be just attributes based.

that's all for now. i'm always lurking tho. i got some goals to post later as well.

-- t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It could be marking too, you can try putting it at 45/45 marking just to see if the CPU's pass variety opens up. In my video I posted from the twitch feed, Everton mixed it up a bit near the hour mark.

It can also be a variety of things - run frequency, fb positioning, etc. I'd explore that first before upping pass speed that is destined to be the source of OP attacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2015, 08:10 PM   #1536
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I've updated Set B:

SET "B" as of 10/8/2015
World Class/Legendary, SLOW/NORMAL, 10-15 minutes

Sprint 50/50
Acceleration 50/50 -- back to 50 since the CPU pass speed has been tamed.
Shot Error 53/53
Pass Error 50/50 -- currently testing to see the quality and variety of passes. This will make those complaining about crosses happier as well. Not to mention though, pass speed affects crossing as well - which is great.
Shot Speed 52/52 -- keepers still have a chance to save, and make their deflections. score some beauties as well with this one.
Pass Speed 45/15 -- advantage for the user because CPU will abuse drilled passes on higher pass speeds and user's defenders are unable to keep up.
Injury Freq 65/65
Injury Severity 40/40
GK Ability 20/20 -- best balance of deflected shots and occasional catches.
Marking 60/60 -- working well considering the pass speed. CPU defends great, it's all about the user's defense here.
Run Freq. 20/20 -- balances out the runs into the box considering the line length so players are not running offsides before the ball is crossed.
Height 52/52 -- Allows the defensive line to meet the attackers in defensive third on transition.
Length 62/62 -- Key value to get the defenders to meet the attackers at the top of the box and be "active" throughout the entire pitch, not just their designated area behind the defensive third.
Width 32/32 (previously 42/42) -- The only value still exploring, but 42 matches well with the significant increase of length nicely. Not too tight, but not too wide.
Fullbacks 52/52 -- Allows FB's to still overlap and be aware on transition/counter-attacks.
First Touch40/50 -- Possible placebo, but it seems lower FT Control for user allows less "avoidance" (where the user AI runs away from a loose ball). Still seeing bad touches as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »