Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-09-2015, 10:21 PM   #1633
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Hmm, I'm pretty sceptical of the Acc/Pace values so will continue with Set B for now and wait until enough people have tried set C first.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:40 PM   #1634
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson
Hmm, I'm pretty sceptical of the Acc/Pace values so will continue with Set B for now and wait until enough people have tried set C first.
the reason the lower user spd & acc works is b'cos the CPU has it's pass speed so low. due to the low speed the CPU's passes travel at, the user has all the time in the world to get to the spot and even break up the play.

defending is where the lower user movement speeds really shines. your AI teammates aren't overcomitting and over-running the play all over the field.

what i will say matt after a game on those settings is ... i liked it, but not the sluggishness of it all. I think those settings on normal gamespeed are really going to shine.

i'm off to try that soon!

nice work, you mad bastard.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:08 PM   #1635
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
what i will say matt after a game on those settings is ... i liked it, but not the sluggishness of it all. I think those settings on normal gamespeed are really going to shine.
I just tried it and it's too sluggish for my tastes, too.

In terms of identifying a slower movement speed for humans as a means to overcome overcommitment, etc. that's an interesting theory, but I have found Marking to be more helpful in that regard, e.g. lowering the Human marking to be looser. When I have Human marking anywhere above 50, they get smoked by the CPU dribblers.

For anybody looking to find a good set of sliders, don't cut off your nose to spite your face. I notice this community tends to focus almost entirely around defending, but where on god's green earth are examples of improving the ability to break down the CPU on attack? That's why I was snarky earlier, Matt. Your Bournemouth team looked positively effing anemic on the attack. Sure, you missed chances. Don't we all? But the CPU missed far more chances. The same has been happening in my games. Before you drive 3,000,000 miles down the road of fixing human defending, where's the BEEF? Every time I watch the video feeds, it seems like the same bland slogs I'm experiencing: NO GOALS.

If this were bona fide software tweeking, you'd start with a problem statement at the very least. What are you trying to accomplish with these sliders? Some mythical universal set that fits everybody? 12 months of experimentation?

I remember when Gonira / Brahvocado / and myself tuned sliders for FIFA 13 and 14, we had an end goal and we were typically done by December. I fear this thread will be like FIFA 15 and it will go on literally until the day before FIFA 17 comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 11:19 PM   #1636
Rookie

NightRaven3's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
Matt - to clarify the above, I watched your first 70 minutes with Everton and Bournemouth and it looked like a top flight club playing a 2nd tier band of wandering nomads. I'm not trying to belittle your FIFA skills, but it hardly looked like a fair fight, regardless of outcome. The CPU dominated you?

Dunno why you're investing time in something that gives the CPU an advantage in movement speed. Are we already at the experimental / cute phase of slideritis? It's only been a month!
Last time I checked Bournemouth is a second tier team compared to Everton. Lol
Old 10-10-2015, 12:49 AM   #1637
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

There was nothing wrong with your post, Matt. You can slap me around when I'm salty. I won't flinch.

I am noticing one thing quite exceptionally and you just touched on it (before you deleted your post): the further we get from defaults, the weirder things become. Perhaps it was less like this in years past, but it seems doubly so in 16.

I just played a cup tie, Everton v. Crystal Palace. Replayed it three times it was so good.

50/50 everything with 46/40 pass speed, 51 shot speed, and 35 marking for both. I had shot error at 50/52 and pass error at 54/58. Everything else was defaults.

I played it three times. It felt perfect and the results / stats were just about the best I could hope for. I'll leave you guys alone now with this thread and apologize for digressions and derailments. Have fun! xo
Old 10-10-2015, 12:50 AM   #1638
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven3
Last time I checked Bournemouth is a second tier team compared to Everton. Lol
Touche! Except, really, don't we all wish we were Matt Ritchie. That dude is a filthy beast. They have him underrated in FIFA, sadly.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:59 AM   #1639
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
There was nothing wrong with your post, Matt. You can slap me around when I'm salty. I won't flinch.

I am noticing one thing quite exceptionally and you just touched on it (before you deleted your post): the further we get from defaults, the weirder things become. Perhaps it was less like this in years past, but it seems doubly so in 16.

I just played a cup tie, Everton v. Crystal Palace. Replayed it three times it was so good.

50/50 everything with 46/40 pass speed, 51 shot speed, and 35 marking for both. I had shot error at 50/52 and pass error at 54/58. Everything else was defaults.

I played it three times. It felt perfect and the results / stats were just about the best I could hope for. I'll leave you guys alone now with this thread and apologize for digressions and derailments. Have fun! xo
How was the speed of the game at 50 Sprint/Acc ? I had trouble "watching" those specific values of my own recordings, it just felt like Hyperspeed. Even on reaper's streams. THis is the source of the change to 48/48 - 49/49. Mainly because if user is higher than CPU when values reach the 40's - the bursting capabilities return, which sucks - for lack of a better word
Old 10-10-2015, 01:02 AM   #1640
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

yeah default settings is interesting.

i really think you need to play 10 games with at least 10 min halves on all default to get a really good grasp of the game engine.

i did it (as portsmouth) and i remember over 3 games I had a 4-3 shootout with spurs where i scored 3 goals on a penalty and from 2 corners (have barely scored a goal from a corner since!)on a total of 5 shots on goal, where up the other end spurs scored 2 penalties a free kick and a header from a cross on 10 shots on goal with 6 on target. the game was played in the middle and was a stop start affair and was just a war of injuries and cards in the middle on a rainy night.

a nil all draw against Burnley which was end to end in the sunshine both teams had a mountain of chances and the goalies stopped everything.

then a 2-2 all draw verse Cardiff where i scored from a free kick in injury time after trailing 2-nil until the 78th minute. Cardiff had 21 shots on goal with only 4 on target.

with such a diverse set of games and outcomes in any 5 game sequence, it kinda makes sliders this year a tough beast to tame.

for me the sweet spot is mostly default everything but lowering marking, increasing FT & pass error and opening up the game a little. but that comes with a really big disclaimer that i'm playing on the lower leagues, which really does make a massive difference to how teams will play with those tweaks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »