Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-22-2015, 11:04 AM   #97
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasone74
I was referring to the speed of the game between the demo and the final game. I wanted to know if they have the same speed and pace of the game between the two. Thank you

Inviato dal mio D6503 utilizzando Tapatalk

It's the same speed. That's what I was talking about.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi Everybody,

I do not intend to start a pointless discussion, but I do think that issues have to be discussed so the veterans can work on an optimal slider set.
I have been following Mattīs and Orionīs sliders for a while. Thanks to your sliders, my Fifa experience gets better year after year.

The Retail version of Fifa 16 is clearly a good game, way better than 15. But it is not an excellent game as the demo suggested.
Guys, the pace of the retail version with the day 1 patch is faster than the demo. And it is not an issue of better polished graphics.

Yesterday I stood up till late and played two 15 minutes halves matches on WC, all Manual. Like most of the folks on this thread. I used the same slider set you posted for the demo and the retail version.

At the beginning I trusted all the people who explained that the perception of a faster pace was due to better graphics and improved framerate. But I believe it is not true.
I was really impressed with the demo. For the first time since I can remember, I was really forced to get into build up play (and not forced by myself), which I love.

Chelseaīs Costa would receive the ball with his back against the goal and he would not be able to turn easily and dribble away of the defender on his back. I really appreciated these moments on the demo. Back passes were a must on the demo. The AI forced you to do this.
Even dribbling with Hazard was hard. It was not just enough to change directions or pace to dribble past a defender (like Fif 15). You had to use your dribble skills and the new off ball dribble to be successful. Forget about getting past a left winger with Ivanovic easily, you would get punished for taking that risk. The game felt real.
You could feel the weight of the players and the ball.
In conclusion, build up play felt more like the real life counterpart.
In the retail version, thatīs gone.

If we pay attention to the dribble animations, you will be able to recognize that the ball was kindda closer to the player in the demo, and the bigger and clumsier he was, the harder it was for him to accelerate, turn around and change directions abruptly.

Now, that is gone. Players turn with more ease, not a game breaker like Fifa15 but it has changed the game more than we think. The first step after receiving the ball is also longer (try to understand what I mean). Dribbling is easier, just change directions abruptly. And the transition from receiving the ball to get into dribbling is faster.

Now, if you can dribble past a defender again with Azpilicueta (like 15), run some steps and pass the ball to a Hazard or Matic, who now have more space and one player less to care about, the problems begin..
The interception system the designers were trying to achieve (and the midfield battle we love) has now more difficulties in reacting to this and it tends to collapse like in 15 (of course, the formation is harder to sustain).

The pass speed has also issues. In the demo I needed to use the new faster and riskier pass to get spatial advantages, on 40 pass speed.
Now I have toned it down to 35 and I still feel the ball lighter and faster than in the demo. I actually did not need the "new pass".

Iīm not trying to trash talk the retail version, I am just sad of the missed opportunity and wonder if you guys feel the same. I hope I am wrong. Those are my impressions after just two games, but they were still two hours playtime and the difference was noticeable.
I hope Matt and Orion can provide us some fine tuned sliders to correct this.

What are your thoughts about this?
Old 09-22-2015, 11:42 AM   #99
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Someone stream this morning come on! I passed out watching JB's stream last night with every intent to watch and play at the same time. LOL.
I can jump on in a little bit.

What sliders do you want me to use?
Old 09-22-2015, 11:48 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
It's the same speed. That's what I was talking about.
Ok grazie, thank you

Inviato dal mio D6503 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #101
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I can jump on in a little bit.

What sliders do you want me to use?
The OP ones, I need to see it more. From what I've been watching it just seems fast/chaotic, need a bit more stop and start - but that may be just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #102
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
The OP ones, I need to see it more. From what I've been watching it just seems fast/chaotic, need a bit more stop and start - but that may be just me.
OK. Gimme 15. Need to plug these in, hook up the el gato and put the little one down for her nap, lol.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:02 PM   #103
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
OK. Gimme 15. Need to plug these in, hook up the el gato and put the little one down for her nap, lol.
Sounds good, buddy!
Old 09-22-2015, 12:13 PM   #104
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

jumping on now

twitch name is kgx2thez

any specific matchups?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »