Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-14-2015, 09:27 AM   #1953
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

CPU makes too many passes in its own half, what makes the game boring in the end, once again.

I believe the set with 50 Run Freq. and 50 FT was the best for the CPU building proper attacks. CPU build way too slow now, at least this was my impression in two games with this last set (C).

And I'm getting the impression that the nearer to the default settings, the best the CPU build and defend.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:13 AM   #1954
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis81

i'm interested.
seems very good, and also I'm trying to find a merge between Matt and EvertonianSteeler post.

if you can post it, or in another thread.

Sent you a PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:26 AM   #1955
Rookie

After a long day of testing I'm a bit frustrated, while Set C looks and feels great, I'm seeing very little variety in the CPU attack. I'm up to the January transfer window in my CM and it is already feeling like a grind. Anybody else feeling this way?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #1956
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
After a long day of testing I'm a bit frustrated, while Set C looks and feels great, I'm seeing very little variety in the CPU attack. I'm up to the January transfer window in my CM and it is already feeling like a grind. Anybody else feeling this way?
The cpu is too weak, thats my only complaint. So totally get you, the gameplay however feels good.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #1957
Just started!

personally feel that the players dont make enough runs
Old 10-14-2015, 10:43 AM   #1958
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusVI Roy

I believe the set with 50 Run Freq. and 50 FT was the best for the CPU building proper attacks. CPU build way too slow now, at least this was my impression in two games with this last set (C).

I've played a few games (5-6) with the updated Set C and I have to say I have a problem with those two sliders in particular as well. Pushing Run Frequency below 50 is something I'd rather not do, but I don't mind trying them in the 40-50 range. Setting it to 1 really bothers me because in my testing, there's such a lack of variety in CPU passing going forward. And I agree, they seem to feel too comfortable passing to ball at the back for unrealistically-looking periods of time.

And the First Touch Error slider... I've never enjoyed a game in which the value of it went beyond the 60-65 mark. Yes, even the best players in the world make bad touches, that's true, but the way the ball is hopping around and the amount of times it's doing it just looks and feels troublesomely odd and unrealistically out of place to me.

Also, and this might just be my eyes deceiving me, but lowering the CPU's Pass Speed to 17 (I was testing with 22-23 earlier) seems to have not only slowed down the overall pace of the games I played, but even my own [ground] passing, which has been set at 45 for a considerable amount of time now. Pushed that one back up to 22 and liking it way more as I'm still able to intercept and get some tackles in.

Experimenting with the sliders mentioned above and making some changes to the Line values at the moment, but otherwise, I'm finding the updated Set C to be an improvement over the older version. In fact, I actually won possession for the very first time with a slightly modified version of the set. Granted, it was by only 1% and the game ended in a 0-0 draw, but it was an intensely great game. And fun!

Last edited by AnyGivenGamer; 10-14-2015 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:15 AM   #1959
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Run frequency and marking go hand in hand, so you have to be careful with it. If you increase run frequency it gets crazy and those forwards don't check to the ball, they run away from the dribbler and the ball is played into space - but not really - because the passes are now passed forward-forward and the midfield is bypassed.

The problem is you guys are looking at the values as isolated, when in fact they compliment eachother. Instead of assuming what the values do on their own, think about how they are supposed to work together.

Anyone else notice that CPU has a length advantage of 50/51? See where we're going with that?

Lastly, regarding this whole variety thing. The CPU will take what you give them. If you give them space, or if you press with your FB - and they get caught out - they will send a ball over the top.

Last night against Man U there was plenty of variety. Passes were into space, down the wings, through the middle, over the top. I mean it's all relative, because I was conservative. Once I started to press, and they were up 1-0, they tried to maintain possession, but would clear when pressured.

Sliders are all relative, you cannot isolate them.

Last edited by Matt10; 10-14-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:48 AM   #1960
Rookie

Huge improvement imo in the 8 matches I've played. The slower pace is something id take over OP drilled passes that my AI have .00005 sec to react to. That was so frustrating. And I thought the CPU had plenty of variety. I used different tactics to see how the CPU reacted and they did so accordingly. City v Chelsea (me) i parked the bus and City tried everything they could to score but thank goodness for my backline finally stepping up and being proactive or Sergio would have had a field day. (Never would have been able to do that prior to updated set C) When I pressed, the CPU reacted and the game really opened up. They scored on a counter after a corner and they set up shop for the final 20 min. They got another in the 87 on a beautiful over-the-top ball from Silva.

So I would test these sliders using different playing styles and see how the CPU reacts in different situations. I know the game feels a lot slower but it's MUCH better than the CPU being able to drill 3-4 passes pass the midfield before anyone has time to react. Manipulating the CPU in making it think they can't just OP drill pass every...single...time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »