Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2016, 01:57 AM   #1345
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It could be my bitrate, I can lower it if you'd like.
Yeah, I don't like to make a big deal about buffering and frame issues in streaming, but since it was brought up I do get quite a bit of buffering in your channel. It probably does have to do with you streaming at a 4mbps bitrate.

It would still look great at 2mbps - a lot of twitch streamers don't even go that high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 01:59 AM   #1346
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yeah, I don't like to make a big deal about buffering and frame issues in streaming, but since it was brought up I do get quite a bit of buffering in your channel. It probably does have to do with you streaming at a 4mbps bitrate.

It would still look great at 2mbps - a lot of twitch streamers don't even go that high.
Sure thing, I'll adjust that right now.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:01 AM   #1347
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

On now, sorry I had no idea that's what most use. I haven't streamed to Twitch since FIFA 16 and the occasional NCAA 14.

FIFA has brought it back though
Old 10-10-2016, 02:07 AM   #1348
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
On now, sorry I had no idea that's what most use. I haven't streamed to Twitch since FIFA 16 and the occasional NCAA 14.

FIFA has brought it back though
The thing is, a lot of the streamers who use a really high bitrate are the ones with subscribers, or those who are at least partnered with twitch - those channels get viewer-side quality options that allow viewers to watch at a reduced quality.

When a smaller channel runs at a bitrate like that there's no choice - you have to have sufficient download speed to watch or else you'll buffer.

Still looks good at 2mb/s - appreciate you doing that.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:07 AM   #1349
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Thanks to everyone who joined the stream earlier today. There are a couple things with Set 3 that are standing out for me. I want to implement Set 3 Tweaks #1 right away.

1. User and CPU passes
- I want to improve this. So thanks to @lshballa11 for a suggestion of actually decreasing pass error from 60 to 50. What this actually creates is more room for variety from the CPU, and given the right FT Control value, and HLW values, the CPU plays a fairly dynamic game. There is also the testing that the lower pass error also shows some added benefit in the physicality department for the CPU, however this cannot be isolated or proven, as we did extensive testing on multiple value ranges.

2. HLW Settings

Sliders Status: Set 3 - Tweaks

Test Number: #1 (10/9/16)

Difficulty Level: Pro, World Class, Legendary

Slider Values:

Pass Error from 60 to 50.
- I want to improve this. So thanks to @lshballa11 for a suggestion of actually decreasing pass error from 60 to 50. What this actually creates is more room for variety from the CPU, and given the right FT Control value, and HLW values, the CPU plays a fairly dynamic game. There is also the testing that the lower pass error also shows some added benefit in the physicality department for the CPU, however this cannot be isolated or proven, as we did extensive testing on multiple value ranges.

- From the current HLW, the length is the main stand out for me because I am seeing an instant retreat animation from the players. I believe this is because of the lower length. The reason I believe this is because FIFA has a tendency to maintain shape very well, now when the field is decompressed (Extended) the priority is to get into a defensive shape in transition. The problem with this is that it happens too fast, and too automatically.

- Height - 60 - Stays the same. This height has brought the best balance of the CB's joining in the attack (past the half) and also able to drop back when the ball is deep in the defensive third. It also allows the defensive line to meet the attackers, and the midfielders when called upon.
Length - from 48/47 to 50/51
- This adjustment will allow the pitch to be extended, and not force the animation of retreating to be instant on transition. This will also allow the CPU players to get into the box a lot more naturally. The benefits of this will be full field coverage, and allow any stretch of the field to happen naturally. It will also allow the CPU to provide all sorts of variety that is at their tactical, and match scenario, disposal. The discrepancy allows the CPU to also move into the attack sooner, and also meet the User's attack sooner from a defensive perspective. The intent/hope here is to increase more physicality throughout the pitch.
Width - from 48/47 to 46/45
- The theme that will be critical for FIFA 17 slider adjusting is the maintenance of keeping width below the value of length. The reason the shape in Set 3 is well intact is because the width of the pitch is utilized as a response to the middle of the field being well positioned, defensively. As length is increased, naturally the width of the pitch will as well. To counteract this, the width lowered will continue to bring in that good, Set 3, shape, but now from a much more extended point. This brings in the numbers to be built into the attack, and the defending team to get numbers behind the ball. It also allows quick counterattacks, or clearances down the field to anticipating forwards.
I know it's going to be personal preference, but 35 Sprint and 50/50 accel....is actually quite fun. Physicality is there as well. Streamed that tonight, and enjoyed it.

Thought Jogging Animation would show up a lot more than it did. Easy for the user to "reset" it when it does happen (just let go of sprint and start up again), and the space is so tight that it's not that easy to glide past the CPU. Not saying it's a solution to bursting, but it's definitely nice to know there will be some physicality involved if I try.

Also, GK at 45 and Shot Speed at 49, really enjoyed these. CPU scored a belter after taking a couple touches, with his back facing the goal, managed to make space - turned and shot. The best part, other than the beautiful trajectory just above knee level, was that the stupid two-handed GK animation didn't occur, and instead the keeper reacted with one outstretched hand.

Old 10-10-2016, 03:19 AM   #1350
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey guys,first i wanna say great job on Set number 3..it plays great..im really enjoying my carreer but i also have a small problem ,does anyone feel that legendary is a bit easy this year ?

i`m playing legendary..10 mins..slow..semi-assisted and a little tweaks if my own to the set 3.i gave cpu some advantage..

Shot Error - 55/42
Pass Error - 60/42
Marking - 60/62
First Touch Control - 60/45

the rest is from set 3..

and still i cant lose a game against cpu,im not saying im good..im same as last year,but cpu this year is not giving me challenge..is there anything i can change further to make little more challenging..yeah maybe going to full manual...i tried but its not satisfying and i still won
thanks for any advice i can get..

p.s. i also notice every game there is a penalty for me..on default and also with set 3..
Old 10-10-2016, 04:03 AM   #1351
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Making the game more difficult without breaking a set (assuming you are already full manual and on legendary):

1. Increase CPU run frequency
2. Increase user pass error
3. Increase user FT
4. Arsenal
5. Increase CPU gk ability
6. All of the above

Run frequency is definitely first and foremost, it's probably the closest thing to a difficulty slider. Once you get above 50 the CPU will really start peppering you with shots. I'm still messing around with tweaks, but in past FIFA games my sweet spot for CPU RF was somewhere in or around 60-70. Always tricky trying to balance sim gaming and keeping it challenging. It does get slightly unrealistic at high CPU RF just because a lot of lower level teams would never be that aggressive on offense but that is kind of the sacrifice you have to make.

I'd mess around with a combination of RF tweaking and handicapping the user before doing things like sub-50 pass error for CPU. I've had to do that before, but the problem is the CPU loses a ton of variety in their offensive play when pass error is below 50.

If anyone is looking to make the game more difficult without having to drastically alter any given set, the above is your best bet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 04:33 AM   #1352
Rookie

Tnx Brahvocado,i will increase cpu run frequency to 60,and leave mine as it is,i will also return cpu pass error to deafult and try how it plays,then report back

what is number 4 ? he he

are you also experimenting with increasing cpu dificulty or are you fine how it plays this year ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »