Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2016, 01:50 PM   #3985
Pro

1860fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Dabja22 thank you ersmtal for answer but where exactly I imagine the 55 for CTT they said 55 is the minimum "pressure Where exactly do I have to set to what exactly is meant thereby .. ??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #3986
Pro

1860fan's Arena

Please reply again would be nice
Old 12-17-2016, 03:01 PM   #3987
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

I've been using Leeds United in my career mode on Professional using the out of the box sliders and my defensive players will just stand there when the CPU crosses the ball in the goalie box. Will these sliders help me out with this problem?
Old 12-17-2016, 03:28 PM   #3988
Rookie

LaXing_'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm definitely liking the 55 pressure...but I even took it a step further...Instead of having a whole muddle of teams at 55, I did this....

I took teams with default pressure below 45 up to 55. Teams with default pressure above 45, I increased it by 10. This basically resets the "0 value" to 55 while allowing for a bit more variety in pressure. What should really be interesting is in the Bundesliga, where this approach ratchets several teams from a 'medium' pressure to 'high' pressure.

No idea if this has any unintended consequences, but the theory seemed logical to me.

I was thinking the same thing... maybe even 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2016, 03:30 PM   #3989
Rookie

Stimuli's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdawgs10
Anybody seeing a lot of loose ball ADD? A lot of my guys, I'd say 8 out of 10 in 50/50 situations are doing this instant retreat thing the moment the ball becomes loose. I'll try to provide video evidence soon, but it's happening every game. It's very frustrating because I'm not good enough to be giving extra possessions away.

It's awful and because the sliders are so good it now stands out more, it's the reason I've given up with Fifa for the time being, the description Dbaja22 provided re: the defenders running away from the ball was basically a mirror of my "I'm done with this" moment.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:02 PM   #3990
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Noticed it quite a bit as well. Will look into it of course.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2016, 04:04 PM   #3991
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
The problem with FIFA is that it doesn't get the fundamentals of defense right. It needs some help. We've done the grunt work with adjusting the proper slider values, so the 55 threshold as a minimum just allows the fundamentals of defensive pride to work through.

I mean I don't have to go 10 minutes into a match and see that teams pressure in different waves. The key is they pressure in terms of their close down speed, not in their aggression. Close down speed is what FIFA lacks. You take that pressure below 55 and it's nothing but space.

Look at this Leicester-Bournemouth match: http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmat...leicester-city

Leicester close down, while containing. That's a big difference compared to FIFA's interpretation where it pre-sets players who continue to have the only priority of chasing runners off the ball.

And FIFA's players that run off the ball are 1000% less realistic than how many runs off the ball there are in real football matches, let's get that straight right now. This fact alone is enough to find a very hard comparison on making defensive tactics so in-tune with the real life counterpart.

If FIFA accomplished the fundamentals of defending, and proper close down speed, I'd be sold on making defensive CTT's, especially pressure, exactly like their real life counterpart.
The issue you're referencing is mainly due to playing on Slow speed. Bottom line, this game wasn't designed to be played on that setting. Change the speed to fast and see if there's a difference. The defense closes down on that setting. Due to this, the game plays slower (pace) at higher speed settings. Teams have to really work to get in the final third.

As you said, the main issue is the "tackles" or what the CPU counts as tackles. This is the main reason the pass percentages are so high. Teams don't have an opportunity to intercept passes because all to often the CPU run them off the ball. Since this is how teams regain possession more times than not, the opponent completes double digit passes many times before an interception or out of bounds pass takes place.

In short, if anyone could ever figure out how to keep the CPU from running the offensive player off the ball the majority of the time, this would fix issue the issue of too many tackles and the high completion percentages.

Lastly, the Kamikaze dribbling that has been referenced previously in this thread is, according to my testing, due to high individual dribble ratings. To test this, I decreased the dribble rating by 10 for each player in a few test games and the issue ceased to exist.

Last edited by "The dude abides"; 12-17-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2016, 04:48 PM   #3992
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by "The dude abides"
The issue you're referencing is mainly due to playing on Slow speed. Bottom line, this game wasn't designed to be played on that setting. Change the speed to fast and see if there's a difference. The defense closes down on that setting. Due to this, the game plays slower (pace) at higher speed settings. Teams have to really work to get in the final third.

As you said, the main issue is the "tackles" or what the CPU counts as tackles. This is the main reason the pass percentages are so high. Teams don't have an opportunity to intercept passes because all to often the CPU run them off the ball. Since this is how teams regain possession more times than not, the opponent completes double digit passes many times before an interception or out of bounds pass takes place.

In short, if anyone could ever figure out how to keep the CPU from running the offensive player off the ball the majority of the time, this would fix issue the issue of too many tackles and the high completion percentages.

Lastly, the Kamikaze dribbling that has been referenced previously in this thread is, according to my testing, due to high individual dribble ratings. To test this, I decreased the dribble rating by 10 for each player in a few test games and the issue ceased to exist.
In my many years of editing the gameplay code and modifying stats, gamespeed has never mattered. That's my opinion though, but all gamespeed ever does for me is animate faster or slower. Normal is hyperfast and twitchy, while fast is utter chaos.

FIFA's closing down is that it closes down at the wrong angles. It takes face on tackles as a priority over blocking off passing lanes. This is what you're saying about regaining possession is pretty much the only way, and I agree - it's either thru an interception or bad pass out of bounds, sometimes a long/thru ball into space. This is what I was on about a couple pages ago about pass error. In FIFA, pass error is what makes everything come together. The problem is, it makes the CPU ineffective and affects their crosses, not to mention limits the passing choices as well.

Cool find about Kamikaze dribbling. Not much to be done unfortunately, unless editing in FIFA's terrible player editor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »