Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2017, 07:17 AM   #4401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayter
Okay, clearly OS sliders and CTT on World Class are more than I can handle. Perhaps it's best I play on pro some more? Sure, I won, but . . . . Wow!

How long are your halves? What controller settings are you using?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2017, 09:12 AM   #4402
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarezar
Can we be realistic please? You are using ONE chance that I converted with skill to say that positioning is bad? I posted a whole match showing that positioning is incredible from both teams.

I was playing as Guimaraes and my opponent was Arouca. I was not playing Barcelona vs Real Madrid. Defenders WILL make mistakes. If you want perfection from every single player of every single team, it simply isn't realistic.

I am now in my third season with the same team and I have had 5 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses. The CPU presses very much (with Marking at 54, even though Marking isn't the only value that defines pressing). Last night I played against the last team of the table at home, who had only 1 point so far and they managed to get a 2-2 draw from me.

One last thing. I would like to ask people who share their feedback to occasionally remind us difficulty and controller settings they are using. If you are playing World Class or if you are using some Semi or Assisted options, it may be the reason why you are finding the CPU is to break down, in which case you have to make big alterations to strengthen the CPU. Matt is playing manual with Semi on Crossing and I think he also plays World Class for the Home games and Legendary for the Away. These things have to be taken into account in my opinion. I used to have the same controller settings as Matt, then I changed crossing to Manual and I scored only ONE goal from a cross in a WHOLE season. After playing 3-4 seasons with full manual I have now had more practice and more success and my crosses no longer go all over the place (but at the same time, I don't have 90% of my crosses going exactly where my teammate's head is )
Yes, we can be realistic just have a different view. Where are you going with Madrid - Barcelona comparison ?, it is for me irrelevant whether you play as them or Morecrambe FC. I feel that the game has become softer and easier and that AI react worse since the update process. .I Do not care if you play manually or with assisted, it will not change my opinion of the game as such since the update. I could give you examples from my two CM, but why you have your opinion and I have mine, leave it there.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:47 AM   #4403
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Can we be realistic please? You are using ONE chance that I converted with skill to say that positioning is bad? I posted a whole match showing that positioning is incredible from both teams.

I was playing as Guimaraes and my opponent was Arouca. I was not playing Barcelona vs Real Madrid. Defenders WILL make mistakes. If you want perfection from every single player of every single team, it simply isn't realistic.

I am now in my third season with the same team and I have had 5 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses. The CPU presses very much (with Marking at 54, even though Marking isn't the only value that defines pressing). Last night I played against the last team of the table at home, who had only 1 point so far and they managed to get a 2-2 draw from me.

One last thing. I would like to ask people who share their feedback to occasionally remind us difficulty and controller settings they are using. If you are playing World Class or if you are using some Semi or Assisted options, it may be the reason why you are finding the CPU is to break down, in which case you have to make big alterations to strengthen the CPU. Matt is playing manual with Semi on Crossing and I think he also plays World Class for the Home games and Legendary for the Away. These things have to be taken into account in my opinion. I used to have the same controller settings as Matt, then I changed crossing to Manual and I scored only ONE goal from a cross in a WHOLE season. After playing 3-4 seasons with full manual I have now had more practice and more success and my crosses no longer go all over the place (but at the same time, I don't have 90% of my crosses going exactly where my teammate's head is )
It was a good video, actually surprised how well the positioning was. It still was a bit lacking in some areas of fundamentals for me, but it's good to know that for those who want to play default, or previous sliders, they can make due with that. I still think they're being required to make the sacrifice of "toughing it out" in a couple matches of unrealism, which basically removes itself as an option in a sliders thread, but I definitely understand. Thanks for actually getting a video up, and I won't lie it's nice that someone else's play is being looked at versus my own.

I play on semi-cross because I have to since broadcast camera angle is not very easy, although I have been thinking about it lately that manual crossing has always been a producer of some stunning chances.

Speaking of stunning matches, here's my most recent ones with the relative sliders posted. Have to say each match was an absolutely joy, and I saw more things in those matches than I have ever seen on FIFA 17.

Old 02-12-2017, 12:44 PM   #4404
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It was a good video, actually surprised how well the positioning was. It still was a bit lacking in some areas of fundamentals for me, but it's good to know that for those who want to play default, or previous sliders, they can make due with that. I still think they're being required to make the sacrifice of "toughing it out" in a couple matches of unrealism, which basically removes itself as an option in a sliders thread, but I definitely understand. Thanks for actually getting a video up, and I won't lie it's nice that someone else's play is being looked at versus my own.

I play on semi-cross because I have to since broadcast camera angle is not very easy, although I have been thinking about it lately that manual crossing has always been a producer of some stunning chances.

Speaking of stunning matches, here's my most recent ones with the relative sliders posted. Have to say each match was an absolutely joy, and I saw more things in those matches than I have ever seen on FIFA 17.

You'd make for a great sports commentator!
Old 02-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #4405
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
You'd make for a great sports commentator!
If only I could remember the correct name of the players!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #4406
Rookie

slayter's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
How long are your halves? What controller settings are you using?
15 minute halves and controls are a mixture of semi and manual.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #4407
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

There has GOT to be something related to the half length having effect on difficulty. As mentioned, I played the ARS v JUV match TWICE yesterday (15 min; legendary; home), and lost 4-2 both times. The games felt different mind you, but the CPU was smart, clinical, etc. When I finished, I played my next fixture (away v Southampton), and won by my 'usual' 1-0 scoreline--on 10 min halves.

Just played it again, on 10 min halves, and beat them 3-0. They had ONE shot the entire game. Played with EXACT same lineups, tactics, match conditions. I EASILY dominated them.

Currently playing next fixture again (away So'ton)--but went to 15 minutes, and am getting smoked 2-0 not even to HT.

Not sure what's up, but I'd love if someone else could run similar tests in their CM to see if you get similar results.

I'll also mention the GK on 15 min halves are nearly unbeatable. Now, I much prefer the challenge of the 15 min games I am playing, but it's extremely difficult on these sliders.

I'll hang up and listen
Old 02-12-2017, 10:02 PM   #4408
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
There has GOT to be something related to the half length having effect on difficulty. As mentioned, I played the ARS v JUV match TWICE yesterday (15 min; legendary; home), and lost 4-2 both times. The games felt different mind you, but the CPU was smart, clinical, etc. When I finished, I played my next fixture (away v Southampton), and won by my 'usual' 1-0 scoreline--on 10 min halves.

Just played it again, on 10 min halves, and beat them 3-0. They had ONE shot the entire game. Played with EXACT same lineups, tactics, match conditions. I EASILY dominated them.

Currently playing next fixture again (away So'ton)--but went to 15 minutes, and am getting smoked 2-0 not even to HT.

Not sure what's up, but I'd love if someone else could run similar tests in their CM to see if you get similar results.

I'll also mention the GK on 15 min halves are nearly unbeatable. Now, I much prefer the challenge of the 15 min games I am playing, but it's extremely difficult on these sliders.

I'll hang up and listen
I've been hating this set cause it's soooo easy . I play 10min and always it's 1-0 and if I do lose it's also 0-1 . I don't understand this at all cause when I watch Matt's games there is build up and great play , but for me it's just up and down up and down . I dominate in every category . I mentioned in my past post they average about 3 shots a game which is pathetic. I honestly hate this set

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »