Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #4417
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
There has GOT to be something related to the half length having effect on difficulty. As mentioned, I played the ARS v JUV match TWICE yesterday (15 min; legendary; home), and lost 4-2 both times. The games felt different mind you, but the CPU was smart, clinical, etc. When I finished, I played my next fixture (away v Southampton), and won by my 'usual' 1-0 scoreline--on 10 min halves.

Just played it again, on 10 min halves, and beat them 3-0. They had ONE shot the entire game. Played with EXACT same lineups, tactics, match conditions. I EASILY dominated them.

Currently playing next fixture again (away So'ton)--but went to 15 minutes, and am getting smoked 2-0 not even to HT.

Not sure what's up, but I'd love if someone else could run similar tests in their CM to see if you get similar results.

I'll also mention the GK on 15 min halves are nearly unbeatable. Now, I much prefer the challenge of the 15 min games I am playing, but it's extremely difficult on these sliders.

I'll hang up and listen
Any comments/thoughts on this re: half length affecting difficulty?
Old 02-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #4418
MVP

OVR: 6

I've been a 15 minute half guy since launch so not much comparison.

I've been knocking the pass error down for the CPU every match now. At 60, I just don't see great crosses. A lot has to do with defensive style I think. I watch Matt and he plays a much more containing style on those wingers vs fullback match ups, and they can send in a nice cross. But, if you pressure heavily on those wingers, they put them into row D 9/10 times.

The game does feel a bit easy for me right now. The biggest factor in that, IMO, is the ease in which you can take the ball from the CPU. Back to my example of defense in the flanks, you can just knock them of the ball sooooo easily, so there is no deterrent to me flying in for challenges. I'm wondering if those on Legendary are seeing the same thing? It may be time for me to make the leap up. The score lines are competitive in most games I play, but the flow of the match is decidedly one sided in my favor.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:52 AM   #4419
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Half length...?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
10 mins

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #4420
Pro

Quote:
Any comments/thoughts on this re: half length affecting difficulty?
I find it hard to believe the time change severity. Compared to CTT should not be what determines it, at least not in relation to the team you describe Arsenal, Juventus and Southampton. Has playing style similar to each other although Southampton is a little behind. The same applies when you were up against super goalkeepers Cech, Burfon and Foster. 15 min allows more time for everything, error, creativity, shots, corner etc, it increases the chance for goal. Do you feel the game is easier, for instance to defend or take the ball from the opponent dribble etc, in relation to the time factor. ?.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #4421
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andanesean
I find it hard to believe the time change severity. Compared to CTT should not be what determines it, at least not in relation to the team you describe Arsenal, Juventus and Southampton. Has playing style similar to each other although Southampton is a little behind. The same applies when you were up against super goalkeepers Cech, Burfon and Foster. 15 min allows more time for everything, error, creativity, shots, corner etc, it increases the chance for goal. Do you feel the game is easier, for instance to defend or take the ball from the opponent dribble etc, in relation to the time factor. ?.
I would agree, time should have zero effect on difficulty. However, in the 2 games I played 15 min (both v Juve), they had 15 and 17 shots. The 10 min game they had ONE. The CPU just seems SIGNIFICANTLY less intelligent on the 10 minute halves.

I could understand and most certainly accept if they had say, 8-9 shots on the shorter halves, but ONE? That's not a 'time' issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #4422
Pro

Quote:
I would agree, time should have zero effect on difficulty. However, in the 2 games I played 15 min (both v Juve), they had 15 and 17 shots. The 10 min game they had ONE. The CPU just seems SIGNIFICANTLY less intelligent on the 10 minute halves.

I could understand and most certainly accept if they had say, 8-9 shots on the shorter halves, but ONE? That's not a 'time' issue.

Yes, a shot at goal from Southampton in a full game is not ok. I would say it need more continuously tests to give a clearer response.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #4423
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andanesean
Yes, a shot at goal from Southampton in a full game is not ok. I would say it need more continuously tests to give a clearer response.
You misunderstood, so--even worse...

The one shot on goal was from Juventus. I played the match 3X (2x on 15 min, 1x on 10 min)

L (2-4) (15 min, legendary, Kreb CTT)
W (3-0) (10 min, legendary, Kreb CTT)

*Identical lineups in all 3 matches (including benches)*

The first 2, Juve had 15 and 17 total shots. The 3rd they had the ONE I referenced.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:33 PM   #4424
Pro

Quote:
You misunderstood, so--even worse...

The one shot on goal was from Juventus. I played the match 3X (2x on 15 min, 1x on 10 min)

W (3-0) (10 min, legendary, Kreb CTT)

*Identical lineups in all 3 matches (including benches)*

The first 2, Juve had 15 and 17 total shots. The 3rd they had the ONE I referenced.
Ok understand. Try as opposed 2 matches of 10 minutes and one with 15 minutes, same team if possible (should preferably be in CM). I wonder what happens?.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »