Home

Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Online Innovations

This is a discussion on Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Online Innovations within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #33
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Exclusive NHL 12 Producer Blog: Online Innovations

I'm just hoping that for a change they store all your player info on their servers rather than saves on your console, so people won't be able to juice and copy legend cards.

As someone who plays goalie and skater at a high level, I was kinda disappointed that I'll have to get the goalie legend card, but after I thought about it a little bit I like it. It should put more of a skill gap between average and really good goalies.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #34
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan
I'm just hoping that for a change they store all your player info on their servers rather than saves on your console, so people won't be able to juice and copy legend cards.

As someone who plays goalie and skater at a high level, I was kinda disappointed that I'll have to get the goalie legend card, but after I thought about it a little bit I like it. It should put more of a skill gap between average and really good goalies.
That's the only thing you can do about that.

3 years of EASHL and 3 years of various glitching, cheesing, cheating and boosting.

Want to bet it's going to change in NHL 12? When it happens once, it may be a coincidence, but 3 years in a row? There's cheaters in the dev team of NHL game that left a door open so they can have an advantage over the community.

If there's nothing in NHL 12, I'll revert my saying, but until then, history prove that it's the case.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04

3 years of EASHL and 3 years of various glitching, cheesing, cheating and boosting.

Want to bet it's going to change in NHL 12? When it happens once, it may be a coincidence, but 3 years in a row? There's cheaters in the dev team of NHL game that left a door open so they can have an advantage over the community.

If there's nothing in NHL 12, I'll revert my saying, but until then, history prove that it's the case.
Glitching and cheesing cannot be put into the same category as cheating and boosting.

As a computer programmer in the business, I know that there will always be exploits such as glitches and what you call 'cheese' unless you eliminate all AI players. This is because you have to give the AI players the ability to score on AI Goalies.

Creating an algorithm for this to occur without making the Goalie AI vulnerable is nearly impossible. It would be a brilliant achievement to create the AI interactions that simulate 'intelligent' goal scoring rather than pre-scripted goal scoring. It is such a complicated process that it becomes too hard to explain without getting into the real technical weeds of the AI development.

I agree with you on the boosting and the cheating, which has to go. But to avoid the glitchers the best solution has always been to play 6 vs 6 using human goalies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0
CLUB SCOUTING = MORE QUITTING
Old 08-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #37
R**k**

druez's Arena

OVR: 13
I think there should be a game mode where you have to have a human goalie in EASHL.

Also where is the ability to use members players as your teammates, if they aren't online so you aren't stuck using the terrible EA ones.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoguitar
Everyone complaining about the "club hopping" rule, find a better team that has 6-8 regular guys so you're never left out and stay on that team. I played with a core group of 4 other guys last year and it was great. I hated club hoppers who joined our team for the playoffs or a few games and then left. At least now there's going to be some accountability and loyalty before simply joining a team without any thought given.

I want to see more stable teams that don't fall apart because of club hoppers always looking for something better.
The problem I have with your perspective is there are a couple of different scenarios that make the cool down period kind of a slap in the face. First off if you are actively looking for a club, you find one and play a game and realize these guys are a bunch of dick cheese burgers. So you leave, you find another club that's trying people out but oh wait, you have 2 hours and 41 minutes left before you can join a club.

Also other people have mentioned that not everyone enjoys the multiple dressing rooms for a competitive advantage, some people enjoy it because they don't have to tell people they can't play because the other line is playing right now.

I honestly never viewed club hopping as a big deal, people like to play EASHL rather than deal with the ****sticks that play OTP. I don't understand a system like this at all from EA's point of view, were club hoppers that big a problem that you introduce a system that's going to encourage people not to play your game. If you play for a competitive EASHL club, and you can stomach 3 hours of OTP I give you serious props.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

Also EA can never fully combat cheating until they start punishing the people who exploit the system. Now I'm only referring to juicing, because it's a competitive advantage I don't think you can punish people for say scoring the same goal over and over and over. Even if EA only went as far to ban someone's EA Online Pass for violating the terms of service, I still think it would deter some people from doing it. I would love to see them start banning people's gamertags from using the EA servers for juicing.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #40
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04

Did you seriously just say that the dev team leaves glitches in so they can have an advantage online?

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »