Home

NHL 13 Community Day Video Webcast Available Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Community Day Video Webcast Available Now, Post Your Thoughts Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #33
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 13 Webcast Starting Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I'll be happy if that's the case. The fact that they showed an instance where the AI defender stood someone up at the blue line is promising. I just hope this translates into the full game where these strategy settings accurately make each team play as they should rather than every game and every player feeling pretty much the same for the most part.
Agreed.. the skating engine looks amazing and should allow the game to flow nicely. Would be cool if the AI teams would switch up their strategy settings to reflect their team/coach. I want to be able to tell if I'm playing San Jose vs Los Angeles.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
If they want to speed up the online experience, all they have to do is take out those annoying cut-scenes that pop up after every single stoppage in play.

Also, they should completely disable pausing during online games. Imagine if in a game like Call of Duty or Halo, the entire session came to a halt and just stopped for everyone because one guy hits pause; there would be riots online!
Pretty sure they are doing this. The gameinformer article said they were finally making the game real-time and doing away from the cut scenes. Hopefully that speeds things up.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:00 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 13 Community Day Video Webcast Available Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

Looks like some really cool stuff but there are some things that really worry me:
- The stuff with the glitch goals is really the wrong way to do it. --> when sean says that they are able to have a 100% goalie and then dumb him down. In a simulation that would be impossible... a goalie cannot have 100% --> limitations of speed, body flexibility etc. --> how can they start with a 100% goalie without defying physical and physic limitations
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 7

I think Sean's point was they create a goalie that can stop an shot on the ice and then scale back from there so that they can address future glitches. It may not be 100% realistic, but it's better than the alternative (what we have today).
Old 05-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #37
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan102
It does, in a previous article I read, it said that only elite players like Crosby would be able to at full speed take an accurate shot off.
Puck control and shot accuracy are two different things. I really hope puck control is lowered a lot this year, this is the only way to have a realistic game and have a good balance between offence and defence.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #38
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy

i really liked hearing about the online gm mode. being able to have 6 guys on the same team OTP style throughout the season will be awesome. i wonder if we can use our be a pro players, or just have all 6 on ice using that teams roster etc?
Where/when did you hear more info on GM Connected?
Old 05-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

During the webcast, Rammer mentioned that you would be able to have "OTP games" within the franchise mode. Basically, you invite friends to come play you with during season games.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #40
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
There's no pausing in FIFA 12's online play at all. If you hit start, it pauses it for you and no one else. Don't know why NHL hasn't adopted this yet.
I pause to take a timeout to rest my guys. Now if EA implemented a way to call a T.O. without having to pause that would be great. You only get 1 30 second pause in Versus. Is that really hampering your experience? The stuff in between periods is what takes the most time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »