Home

NHL 13 Community Day Video Webcast Available Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Community Day Video Webcast Available Now, Post Your Thoughts Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NHL 13 Community Day Video Webcast Available Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

Pausing is more of an issue in EASHL and OTP games than in Online Versus.

More people in the game = more chances someone will hit pause.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I liked quite a bit of what I saw, but I have to say I wasn't that thrilled to see that wide, slow arc that Stamkos cut when darting to the front of the net (at the beginning of the video).
Guys like Stamkos can cut on a dime, with and without the puck, and at high momentum.
I would hope that guys like him would have that advantage.

Another thing I would have LOVED to have seen, is comparing the same moves and drills using all-stars compared to 4th line players.
I'm willing to bet my lunch that a guy like Holmstrom would have had the same high arc as Stamkos experienced.

I would have also like to see that some top-end skaters and puckhanlders, could continue skating in strides while deking with the puck.

I know this is just me begging and bugging for more player separation, but I thought this would be a great opportunity for the EA team to show the differences between all the players.

I'm worried that, once again, all players will have mostly the same limitations and skills.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3
Custom camera ???????
Old 05-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #44
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I wasn't impressed by the live NHL13 examples. Whoever was on defense on those 1 on 1s barely had his defenseman move. That doesn't show me anything.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #45
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99

Another thing I would have LOVED to have seen, is comparing the same moves and drills using all-stars compared to 4th line players.
I'm willing to bet my lunch that a guy like Holmstrom would have had the same high arc as Stamkos experienced.

I would have also like to see that some top-end skaters and puckhanlders, could continue skating in strides while deking with the puck.

I know this is just me begging and bugging for more player separation, but I thought this would be a great opportunity for the EA team to show the differences between all the players.

I'm worried that, once again, all players will have mostly the same limitations and skills.
in fairness, this is still alpha version so there's so much to tweak. but totally agree with you...i want to see how this new skating engine they promoting will translate into actual game. if it cannot translate in the game, then this is just a cheap gimmick for us to be excited and plan to shed $60.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #46
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 13 Webcast Starting Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
same goes for incidental player contact, he said it can be done, but makes the game sloppy. um hello, hockey is a sloppy game a lot of the times. again, have this for offline guys and off for online until you tune it correct. siiiiiigh!!
100% agreed. That is another thing all of the NHL games have lacked. It's the sloppiness that hockey can have. Part of it in 12 was the fact the slider for pass reception did not work but I want to see different types of games. Hockey is extremely sloppy sometimes and very fast past and almost flawless other times.

It would be cool to see an effect in energy as well, which could contribute to sloppiness. If a team is playing back to back road games in the middle of the season it will make them sluggish. I don't care what team you are it is incredibly hard to play with full energy and win back to back road games during the season. They need to take that into effect. Things like this separate the good teams from the bad teams. Also with playing back to back games strategy is a huge factor. In the first game of a back to back you might play that attacking puck possession game with a team like Detroit, but in the second game you have to play strategically and take advantage of any opportunities that arise because you don't have the legs to play the attacking style. I mean players don't just get tired during a game and recover 100% for the next. Make them fatigue somehow. It's just things like this that would help make this game fresh,entertaining, and make you feel like you have to really focus in order to win.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 05-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I never understood why there is game-to-game fatigue for goalies in HUT mode but not in any other mode.

In HUT, playing your goalie too many times in a row without resting him causes his ratings to drop.

I hope this year they have a similar system in the offline modes.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #48
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 13 Webcast Starting Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
100% agreed. That is another thing all of the NHL games have lacked. It's the sloppiness that hockey can have. Part of it in 12 was the fact the slider for pass reception did not work but I want to see different types of games. Hockey is extremely sloppy sometimes and very fast past and almost flawless other times.

It would be cool to see an effect in energy as well, which could contribute to sloppiness. If a team is playing back to back road games in the middle of the season it will make them sluggish. I don't care what team you are it is incredibly hard to play with full energy and win back to back road games during the season. They need to take that into effect. Things like this separate the good teams from the bad teams. Also with playing back to back games strategy is a huge factor. In the first game of a back to back you might play that attacking puck possession game with a team like Detroit, but in the second game you have to play strategically and take advantage of any opportunities that arise because you don't have the legs to play the attacking style. I mean players don't just get tired during a game and recover 100% for the next. Make them fatigue somehow. It's just things like this that would help make this game fresh,entertaining, and make you feel like you have to really focus in order to win.
Yes, yes, yes, 1,000 times yes.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »