Home

NHL 13 Community Day Video Webcast Available Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Community Day Video Webcast Available Now, Post Your Thoughts Here within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 13 Community Day Video Webcast Available Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
in fairness, this is still alpha version so there's so much to tweak. but totally agree with you...i want to see how this new skating engine they promoting will translate into actual game. if it cannot translate in the game, then this is just a cheap gimmick for us to be excited and plan to shed $60.
Did you just equate a physics and momentum based skating engine to a gimmick? /facepalm
Old 05-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #50
Rookie

hollywood_cpm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 13 Webcast Starting Now, Post Your Thoughts Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Holy crap Dean is back on the team. I already feel 10000 times better about NHL 13.

Can I ask why? Just curious.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think EA misses the mark completely with fatigue in this game. Fatigue should be tied in with player ratings in the game, so much so that maybe your starting goalie rating is lower than the back up when he plays back to back games forcing you to play the back up a little more. Maybe some fourth liners fatigue forces you to play some scratched guys more often. I just think the game lacks largely in a strategic element and fatigue might be a link to it.
NFL- Lions
NBA -Pistons
ECHL - Toledo Walleyes
NCAA- Toledo Rockets
AAA - Toledo Mud Hens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 8

This looks amazing. The people on these forums would kill for something like this to be in Madden. I always thought Fifa was the best EA game out there, but this year it looks like NHL is shaping up to be their greatest leap in gaming yet. This looks like its going to completely change the way I play the game and I can't wait to get my hands on this game. This will be sports game of the year, hands down.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 0

Not sure if this has been asked before .....

I would like to play more than one or two GM OR BAP season without simulating. I would really love the ability to play 25 or 45 game seasons.

In GM connected mode can you set the amount of games per season?

In any other mode can you set the amount of games per season?
Old 05-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #54
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I liked quite a bit of what I saw, but I have to say I wasn't that thrilled to see that wide, slow arc that Stamkos cut when darting to the front of the net (at the beginning of the video).
Guys like Stamkos can cut on a dime, with and without the puck, and at high momentum.
I would hope that guys like him would have that advantage.

Another thing I would have LOVED to have seen, is comparing the same moves and drills using all-stars compared to 4th line players.
I'm willing to bet my lunch that a guy like Holmstrom would have had the same high arc as Stamkos experienced.

I would have also like to see that some top-end skaters and puckhanlders, could continue skating in strides while deking with the puck.

I know this is just me begging and bugging for more player separation, but I thought this would be a great opportunity for the EA team to show the differences between all the players.

I'm worried that, once again, all players will have mostly the same limitations and skills.
The cut that Stamkos made for the net down low was very realistic.
3rd and 4th line guys can cut like this too,it`s whether they can control the puck or do anything with it that is the big question.
The speed/momentum they`ll be carrying,plus their skating skills should also be taken into account.

I`m not saying they`ll all be exactly alike,....but it`s not like 3rd and 4th liners can`t skate wortht crap at the pro levels.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #55
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
The cut that Stamkos made for the net down low was very realistic.
3rd and 4th line guys can cut like this too,it`s whether they can control the puck or do anything with it that is the big question.
The speed/momentum they`ll be carrying,plus their skating skills should also be taken into account.

I`m not saying they`ll all be exactly alike,....but it`s not like 3rd and 4th liners can`t skate wortht crap at the pro levels.
I just hope that the less skilled guys cannot control the puck as well as they do in NHL 12. In real life if they have the space to carry it in the zone they almost always chip it in deep past the defender once the defender starts closing in on them because they will turn it over if they try to carry it past/around somebody.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #56
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Those more in the know than I:

At this point in time (What, like 4 months until release?), how much of the game is completed?

I guess a better way to think about it is how much of the actual game do they have to make yet? 10%? 25%?

And I'm not talking about debugging and stuff like that. I mean the actual game build itself.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »