Home

NHL 16 Features Scheduled to be Revealed on May 19th

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Features Scheduled to be Revealed on May 19th within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Features Scheduled to be Revealed on May 19th

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ NEO
0) nextgen true to hockey AI that allows U to play 20 min. periods with realistic stats. This incl. players differentiation.

1) 1:1 defensive skill stick
2) full collision detection "switch" at least for offline modes
3) total pass control
4) 100% realtime presentation (ala Fifa, Nba 2k)
5) 100% loose puck physics
6) nextgen goalies
7) nextgen faceoffs
8 ) physics based everything, especially plays around the net and boards.
9) IIHF licence and gameface.
10) nextgen Be a pro/ Eashl

One can only dream
This is the dream. Not even expecting to see 1/3 of this but this is the definitive list for me. I'd also like to see 70% face scans or better, with the players whose facial scans are 5+ years old getting new ones.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:48 PM   #50
Rookie

WildVikingFox's Arena

Must-Haves:
-Bring the AHL back to GM Mode
-Add back in all the lost in-game and stats stuff (Hat Trick animation, player totals)
-Allow players to edit ...uh, players >.>
-Bring tournament mode and national teams back
-Add all the stuff lost from GM Mode, like screens that tell you what players retired and full schedules
-Winter Classic back in (despite being p. much pointless now IRL)

Wants:
-Real coaches
-Season Mode, with adjustable season length
-Unique Goalies, so they don't all act the same
-Banners get added to the rafters and actually stay there in GM/Season Mode, not just a cut scene and they vanish
-Full face scans of every NHLer at least, and ideally AHL as well
-Out of town highlights
-IIHF license

Dreams:
-NCAA HOCKEY
-Playoff beards

Last edited by WildVikingFox; 05-17-2015 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:06 PM   #51
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Defensive stick is a big one for me.

When I go back to 2k10 on occassion, the full stick control and ability to block whichever passing lane I want is terrific and definitely missing.

Really hoping defense has a better arsenal to stop offensive players and body position and angles mean more.

Fingers crossed for coop op season/be gm online, even if it is like 2k10 method of inviting a friend (hopefully friends) I'd be great with that. Don't need the whole GM Connected but do need a way to play coop seasons with online friends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 06:35 PM   #52
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Hoping : The game is full of features. working well, fun to play and not all about bla bla bla all summer long like previous versions.

Expectation : Nothing! If a guy's been cheated by his wife 4 times in the last 4 years, first thing to begin with would be to expect beeing cheated again. That's what I expect from EA Sports NHL Team. Lot of "We heard your critics, we've listened to you, you're important to us, we'll show how much we went forward this time around..." and then, early september, discover that again, they we're sitting on their hands thinking :" They always come back anyway, those idiots, why would we change at all..."

There's a limit beeing an idiot!
Old 05-17-2015, 11:08 PM   #53
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
Hoping : The game is full of features. working well, fun to play and not all about bla bla bla all summer long like previous versions.

Expectation : Nothing! If a guy's been cheated by his wife 4 times in the last 4 years, first thing to begin with would be to expect beeing cheated again. That's what I expect from EA Sports NHL Team. Lot of "We heard your critics, we've listened to you, you're important to us, we'll show how much we went forward this time around..." and then, early september, discover that again, they we're sitting on their hands thinking :" They always come back anyway, those idiots, why would we change at all..."

There's a limit beeing an idiot!
I like your sense of humor.....after being "cheated" in 12, 13, I stopped buying.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:57 AM   #54
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3

I want to be able to do more with the skill stick. It's really basic as hell. Apparently a lot of the on-ice mechanics/game play have been tweaked and is much better than last year's.

Seen a tweet saying most of the missed modes that were missing, are back. If I could find the tweet I will post it
Old 05-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #55
Rookie

NHL 15 was so awesome, I'm still enjoying my Be a GM. With that being said, they need to get the co-op and multiplayer game modes back from '14. EASHL and Connected GM is a MUST this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2015, 12:59 PM   #56
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I just want a real GM mode that I can play without having to make sacrifices. Give me the features of last gen with new logic and new menus. Let me hire and fire my coaching staff if I want. Let me edit every detail about a player if I want. I would also love to see a robust team relocation system so I can move teams like Phoenix and Florida into real hockey markets.

And don't stop improving the presentation, it's almost there but not quite. Commentary needs some refining, a few arenas need some touch ups etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »