Home

NHL 16 Q&A Day #3

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Day #3 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2015, 12:48 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Day #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Ugh...out the half million submitted questions about player edit they had to choose that one. It asks specifically about GM mode and they answer by saying you will not be able to Edit Players in GM mode and then go on to list the things in GM mode they thought were more important...great but what about the rest of the game. Now we can all conclude this means edit player is out all together but why not answer by saying Edit Player will not be included in this years game period. I had to sound cynical but I feel like they are leaving this basic simple addition out for one reason only...if NHL 16 is a success they can repackage it next year with a roster update and player edit as a new feature...boom NHL 17.
.......That's just it they are doing what they feel is important not what the people who pay for this thing wants yet another fail by e.a I hope someone comes and makes a game get rid of these idiots once and for all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2015, 03:47 PM   #26
Rookie

Syzchmenev's Arena

Will you FINALLY have the correct goal horns for ALL teams? For the longest time, EA has used Detroit's goal horn for Dallas' goal horn.

This is the best question.The NHL15 goal horns and in-game songs are TERRIBLE!Goal Horns volume option in NHL 15 it's joke,quieter than any other..Need to use authentic goal horns and some real BIP songs in NHL16 if they want to present perfect game experience
Old 05-22-2015, 08:20 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6
WOOT............they are focusing on goal horns! Forget editing players, custom cameras, online GM, as long as that horn is correct all will be forgiven for NHL 15 /sarcasm
Old 05-23-2015, 06:59 AM   #28
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Skipping for the 3rd strait year. This game used to be a day one purchase for me. I just can't fathom how it got to this point
Old 05-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #29
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocat
WOOT............they are focusing on goal horns! Forget editing players, custom cameras, online GM, as long as that horn is correct all will be forgiven for NHL 15 /sarcasm
I don't mind them adding real goal horns...they should, but what good is hearing a real goal horn after I slip the puck past a goalie wearing the wrong colored pads???? I'm going to say this again and probably a dozen more times...we're not asking them to create a feature from scratch all the customization options are already in NHL 16 and we were able to edit players in past releases up to and including NHL 14 so how hard can it be to have this ability in NHL 16? Makes no sense... BRING BACK PLAYER EDIT!

Last edited by jake19ny; 05-23-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #30
sba
Rookie

can confirm that there's no Edit Player in the current build of the game...what a joke
Old 05-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba
can confirm that there's no Edit Player in the current build of the game...what a joke

If that is true, and my feeling is that it is (video that showed creation zone points this way), then it is truly inexcusable and unacceptable. I don't play EVERY other sports game on the market, but I'm nearly positive that literally every one of them has the option to edit existing players attributes/equipment. The option not existing INSIDE of GM mode is one thing, especially if they've learned to simply have goalie pads change correctly when they're traded, but not having it in the game AT ALL is virtually a game breaking offense for me and many others.

There is absolutely no justification for not allowing the customization of our own off line rosters. I can create a bunch of 99 rated players, throw them on my favorite team and then trade away all the grinders for all stars and start a season but I can't alter a few ratings that I disagree with (which almost always applies mostly to aging players that EA rates too highly based on performances from several years ago, or young players who exceed expectations and end up on their team's first line in real life but are rated 72 in the game). Why?

And since we can edit our created players, the mechanic already exists within the game, so all it really comes down to is a DECISIONS to omit the feature and that's just flat out unacceptable for me. I would rather have generic arenas, fans, goal horns, etc. and the ability to edit players. Especially when the game logic creates line combinations based almost solely off of ratings so that GM mode can almost never reflect real life (because EAs ratings sick and they are slow to update). The only thing that can actually effect gameplay is adjusting attributes and hoping for more realistic results. Without edit player everything else, from top to bottom, is just polish on a turd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #32
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

and Rammer had the audacity to say "Edit Player is a priority for us"

NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »