Home

NHL 16 Q&A Day #3

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Q&A Day #3 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2015, 02:23 PM   #33
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Day #3

I guess we'll have another year of Brendan Morrow being an 84 overall. And teams with every player being an 80 overall or higher. What is the difference between an 80 and an 81? In EA's world, that could be the difference between a 3rd liner and a free agent.

With edit player, we wouldn't have to worry about this anymore. In our rosters free agents would mostly be in the 40's (with some exceptions). There is a reason why none of these players are even wanted by an AHL team. AHL players would be in the high 40's to low 60's. NHL players would be mid 60's to about 97 (Crosby). That sounds like better separation to me.

But it looks like we'll be stuck with free agents rated mid 70's to low 80's, AHL players mid to upper 70's, NHL players low 80's to 97.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:28 PM   #34
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16
That edit question answer really comes off douchy. We PRIORITIZED all these other features(THAT ARE STAPLES TO EVER OTHER SPORTS GAME) so we didn't put Edit Players in.

They better have fixed the goalie gear issue then cause I dunno if it's my OCD, but I hate seeing my newly aquired goalie wearing the wrong colors.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:59 PM   #35
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickflyers
That edit question answer really comes off douchy. We PRIORITIZED all these other features(THAT ARE STAPLES TO EVER OTHER SPORTS GAME) so we didn't put Edit Players in.

They better have fixed the goalie gear issue then cause I dunno if it's my OCD, but I hate seeing my newly aquired goalie wearing the wrong colors.
I have the same OCD, and coincidentally it ends up caused by putting in editing in the first place so I actually have a means to ratchet the authenticity up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2015, 04:06 PM   #36
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickflyers

Does the game update the goalies to new gear after a few games in GM mode? It used to do that. Cause in real life most goalies do get traded and wear their old gear for a week or two (at least) before getting their gear with the new team and breaking it in.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Does the game update the goalies to new gear after a few games in GM mode? It used to do that. Cause in real life most goalies do get traded and wear their old gear for a week or two (at least) before getting their gear with the new team and breaking it in.
Next gen 15 didnt.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:23 PM   #38
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Not in the next (current) gen version. It is back to goalies retaining equipment from previous teams. This is true for AHL players playing in the NHL as well. Additionally, draft picks from junior don't have visors, and a host of other equipment assignment issues.

This stuff was somewhat sorted out on last-gen after so many years (anyone remember when all picks had a reebok lid, no visor, same face, and a scar?), but it's all back to the foundation now.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:23 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9

Obviously no edit player so I image no create a team in NHL 16 either, have they said anything about create a team yet? I was hoping they would include it and then update it so I could use CHL logos and jerseys if I wanted.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:19 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not that I expected EA to actually meet my expectations, but where are we getting 100% confirmation that Edit player is not included? I know the Ask section talks about Edit player in GM Mode.

On a related note it is a massive letdown if Create-A-Team isnt included after the mention of a PC based Jersey and Logo import system. That seemed promising, so I guess we should have known it was a No-Go from the start.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »